Dec 23, 2014
Last edited:

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
I can't say that I'm surprised that teenagers who are looking for a high are going to try to drink alcohol, take prescription medication swiped from their parent's medicine cabinet, try electronic cigarettes, and try any other illegal materials that can't be mentioned on this forum if they can get their hands on them.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
I can't say that I'm surprised that teenagers who are looking for a high are going to try to drink alcohol, take prescription medication swiped from their parent's medicine cabinet, try electronic cigarettes, and try any other illegal materials that can't be mentioned on this forum if they can get their hands on them.

Not to mention that "huffing" fad. Got to the point where I couldn't buy butane refills from the local convenience store because the owner kept finding all the empties tossed back behind the dumpster by his staff. Let's face it, if people in general are idiots, teenagers are the supreme example of the species.

I actually think that it's an evolutionary trait; the teenage years (at least for guys) serve as an important "survival of the fittest" challenge.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I actually think that it's an evolutionary trait; the teenage years (at least for guys) serve as an important "survival of the fittest" challenge.
The list of things I never got the chance to do is shorter than the list of things I did.
And while I'm still around to talk about it, there were times it was close.
;)

NCCTC

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Hills-Vegas, NC
This should be funny, yet I'm not laughing.
:confused:

Same here.

So the result was "let's focus on the e-cigs ..." ... and not, "alchohol kills more people than cancer"
As a vaper; and a sober one at that, this is offensive. Anyone else think big tobacco helped
with funding? They are pissing on the public's back and telling them it's raining.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
All of this nonsense about the effect of nicotine on the developing brain... Not that I'm saying there is no effect, but they act as if teens have never been exposed to nicotine before. There are hundreds of millions of adults who began smoking(and their nicotine exposure) in their teens or earlier.

As for the relationship to alcohol consumption, teens likely to have one "risky" behavior are more likely to have multiple "risky" behaviors, that's not news.

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
The list of things I never got the chance to do is shorter than the list of things I did.
And while I'm still around to talk about it, there were times it was close.
;)

Yep. Same here. But society NEEDS people at both ends of the spectrum. The "good kids" who obey the rules help to provide stability. The more adventurous ones, those that want to push the limits and try what everyone else says "don't" help to keep us from stagnating. Those who push the limits without restraint usually wind up dead, in jail, or otherwise ineffective (i.e. evolutionary dead-ends).

Sometimes I think the community here at ECF is highly weighted towards the middle group. After all, most of us smoked, and started smoking after it was well-known that it was dangerous. And kept smoking. (And most of us are still alive and not in jail). The crowd here on ECF is certainly not typical of the population as a whole; there are way more innovators, DIY'ers and tinkerers than I've ever seen in any other group of people. (Also more compulsive and perhaps obsessive people, why does society nowadays find that to be such a bad thing???) I don't think that's an accident.

I'm proud to be a contributor to ECF. I'm a bit compulsive and obsessive. I took risks when I was younger (although I waited until I was in college, away from my parents). I love to tinker, I love to learn about new things. I am valued by both my family and the people I work for, and I value them.

I am a Vaper.

catlady60

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Nazareth, PA
Thus proving that in the digital age, printer's ink is not just cheap, but free, and anyone can make up anything they want and present it as science. And here they just did.
Next will be a link between e-cigs and teenage premarital sex. I'm sure the correlation is perfect (see above post).

Don't give the ANTZ any ideas. They just might pick up this lie and run with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread