E-cigs without propylene glycol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorje Chenpo

Mar 8, 2009
Is there a way to use e-cigs without propylene glycol? I am so impressed with how cigarette-like the nicotine in the njoy Npro felt -- it delivered a big spike of nicotine to my brain through my lungs, just like a cigarette!!! But it left my entire respiratory tract feeling like it had been slimed with chemicals. (The fact that the njoy leaked nicotine juice didn't help matters)

I don't care if it looks like a cigarette. I don't care if it lights up at the end. I don't need to see clouds of vapor. I just want nicotine delivered in a sharp spike to my brains via my lungs, like a cigarette.

Is the propylene glycol necessary to keep the nicotine suspended all the way into the lungs, or is it just for the fog machine effect? Is there a propylene glycol free alternative? Otherwise I'm going back to snus.

Thanks
- Ty

Keep in mind if you are new to e-cigs and just getting off the analogs, It may just be your lungs trying to clear out... I had the same thing happen to me last night. i vapor felt like it was giving me trouble swallowing, since everytime i did I had to cough up the excess flem build up that my lungs were trying to get out of my system from the analogs. But today I woke up almost a million times better and have not had a problem with the PG at alll, other than getting thirsty at times, I think the pg works to well to give it up. I havent tried the vg at all, but why change if it is working. I have JC sampler juice as well.. but its pg. Just give it a little longer if you are still trying to convert. You may be getting mixed signals from your body trying to clear everything else up before you start to enjoy your ecig much much more.

EDIT: sry If you are dripping into the npro, I also learned that just one drop is sufficent. Even just 2 drops causes it to leak for some reason. 1 drop does last long enough for me when I drip.. But when I am home I do use my carts and my penstyle most of the time. Good luck! Keep on vaping!!! :)

Last edited:

Dorje Chenpo

Mar 8, 2009
Have you tried a nicotine inhaler? If you don't care about smoke that is a perfect alternative.

I thought about that, but drugs.com says the nicotine inhaler doesn't deliver nicotine through the lungs: "Most of the nicotine in the product is, however, deposited in the mouth instead of the lungs." The delivery to the lungs is key. It's lung delivery that makes cigarettes and crack more addictive than chewing tobacco and ........

OK. I'll try the non-PG stuff from Johnston Creek before I give up and take the NJoy back to Costco.... Thanks for the help, everybody!!!

Dorje Chenpo

Mar 8, 2009
If you are using only stock cartridges and still inhaling juice, the battery needs to be charged.

They were freshly charged - charger turned green.

I think the cartridge was overfilled at the factory - it's the only one I've ever opened, so I don't have a frame of reference. There were droplets on the plastic cap, and when I slid it on the atomizer, the metal thing it slides onto got wet.

Dorje Chenpo

Mar 8, 2009
Keep in mind if you are new to e-cigs and just getting off the analogs, It may just be your lungs trying to clear out...

Actually, I had been off analogs for a week. (I had to quit before the Njoy arrived, I had such a bad cold. I just used snus) In contrast to not smoking, the PG was pretty gross.

The only other time I tried an e-cig was at a Smoking Everywhere kiosk when I was still smoking analogs. Even then the PG was pretty gross. I think it just bothers some people.

Thanks for the tip about using a single drop!

jamie

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2008
USA
They were freshly charged - charger turned green.

I think the cartridge was overfilled at the factory - it's the only one I've ever opened, so I don't have a frame of reference. There were droplets on the plastic cap, and when I slid it on the atomizer, the metal thing it slides onto got wet.
It's an oft-debated issue here, but green charger for many of us has little meaning, especially for first time charging. 4-8 hours is the recommended charge range by I think the majority, including sellers, including Njoy at 4 hours because I asked them.

Yes it's possible for a cart to be overfilled, however what you saw is very common, I see it on about half my carts and it has not caused me to get liquid on my lips or mouth.

Dorje Chenpo

Mar 8, 2009
It's an oft-debated issue here, but green charger for many of us has little meaning, especially for first time charging. 4-8 hours is the recommended charge range by I think the majority, including sellers, including Njoy at 4 hours because I asked them.

Yes it's possible for a cart to be overfilled, however what you saw is very common, I see it on about half my carts and it has not caused me to get liquid on my lips or mouth.

Thanks for letting me know. I figured the green light was a reliable indicator. I'm charging it now.

CrystalLakeDave

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2009
Carbondale PA

Flitzanu

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Tulsa, OK, U.S.A.
www.myspace.com
dorje, i second what is said about "getting accustomed" to PG. the first few days, just under a week, my throat was a little dry, almost like the onset feeling of a cold, but not as bad, and after that first week it went away.

there are issues with some people having mild allergy to it, but i think it's a small percentage. if you can get through those first few days of regular use, you'll probably stop noticing. don't give up yet :)

Dorje Chenpo

Mar 8, 2009
The Johnson Creek smoke juice sampler just arrived. It's non-PG medium strength.

I just tried the arctic mint in a used, empty cartridge from my Njoy Npro. (The empties in the kit I ordered are penstyle, so they don't fit. Wow. The sponge thing in them is HUGE compared to the Npro. I'm waiting for a screwdriver to arrive. I hope its cartridges have an enormous sponge like this. I think.)

The juice is awesome. I like it much, much better. No harshness at the back of the throat. A truly cigarette-like hit of nicotine. I didn't get as much of a rush off the PG. I wonder if this stays in suspension longer, so it makes deep into the lungs (expressway to the brain). The visible smoke quality is much better - thicker smoke, more finely grained.

The mouth feel is different. The moisturizing/coated effect is more noticeable but not annoying. Feels moistened and tasty, not coated which chemical vaseline like the PG.

I just got some juice on my lips (does the atomizer in the Njoy Npro suck? There's always a droplet of juice just outside the hole. I have been trying to remember to wipe it on my jeans after every inhale.) This stuff tastes and feels good. Honestly, I don't care if I avoid it or not - tastes fine and moisturizes my lips. Versus the PG Njoy stuff - was like trying to avoid a toxic chemical spill.

I'm a convert. I don't get why PG is the industry standard. Is it cheaper or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread