e juice as mosquito repellent

Status
Not open for further replies.

pearlheartgtr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
NY
The beer trick doesn't work. I can attest that they still bleed you dry after 18 bottles (in a four hour sitting) and a pack of cigarettes or chain vaping. What it might be based off of is that you may not feel them biting you when you've drunk a lot of beer, but you'll know it later on or the next day!

Just get the Off Clip Ons or pump spray. They work.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Has anyone had any experience with juices that keep away the bugs??? I don't want to vape citronella but when i smoked cigs mosquitoes didn't bite. Anyone know of any juice that does the same?

Mosquitoes bite plenty while drinking beer AND they bite EXACTLY the same while smoking analogs. The difference with beer is you do not notice it. Likely where that myth came from... Why you think they do not bite with analogs is beyond me. I can assure you, with 100% certainty, that when i step out on the porch to smoke one - they attack. Perhaps you might be mixing smoking AND drinking? LOL.

I would consider using OFF and not try and use ecigs for that purpose. Problem solved.

Last edited:

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Kretek/clove flavor. One of the reasons I started smoking in the first place was they don't like clove cigarettes(what I started on). Also a strong cigar flavor might do it, the only problem is that the mosquitos may not be sensitive to the weak smell of vapor, and possibly the smoke had alot to do w/ it also. Why not just buy some deet(not to vape, lol). Stuff works, and is reletively safe.

DocWyatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 6, 2010
OK
Kretek/clove flavor. One of the reasons I started smoking in the first place was they don't like clove cigarettes(what I started on). Also a strong cigar flavor might do it, the only problem is that the mosquitos may not be sensitive to the weak smell of vapor, and possibly the smoke had alot to do w/ it also. Why not just buy some deet(not to vape, lol). Stuff works, and is reletively safe.

Maybe smoking clove has an impact. No idea as that is not my thing. I do know for a fact that ML's do not have any impact on mosquitoes - on any level. I could lite the entire pack and it would do zero.

LowThudd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2010
I am a GUY from L.A. not girl. lol
Hey Thudd.....MARLBORO LIGHTS.....Have you licked the connector yet?? Thought about that the other day when I briefly brought out the GGTS....I've read that a diet high in garlic will keep Dem peskies away....Don't work for me...The pump spray does however.....

Ahh, ML. duh. Thought he was talking about a cigar I wasn't aware of.

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Never heard of a juice that works as a mosquito repellent. The Off clip ons do not work. A friend had one and it didn't seem to work. many people have told me fabric softener will work too. I tried that also, and it does not work. I had 4 sheets hanging from my belt and didn't notice a difference.

Off spray, definitely works.

the best i've tried is Rainbow Jungle formula.

It's nice to kill 2 birds with one stone, but i do not believe you can in this case.

illuxion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I wish someone would inform the mosquitoes that smoking or drinking beer is supposed to make them stop. Last month I was in Thailand about 3 hours north of BKK. I took my techs out for dinner at a beautiful place along a river(well, they took me there, I paid lol). I was 3 sheets to the wind feeling no pain, but woke up the next morning looking like I had chicken pox, head to toe with mosquito bites. Oh, maybe drinking something like bud and smoking marlboro scares them away, but drinking Singha and smoking Zhong Nan Hai(Chinese brand) they were eating me alive lol. Although they only nibbled on my techs, maybe it was the sweet white meat they craved lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread