e juice critique

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddgouge

Aug 30, 2012
Cincinnati
I'm relatively new, have been vaping since August, and have completely stopped analogs. My only complaint so far is the e-juice selection...I've purchased multiple juices from multiple suppliers. I have my favorites, I like "blended" and "cherry" from a supplier from China (PG and VG mix). I still enjoy a little VG menthol. I have tried about 10-15 other juices, and I have to say it seems as though they are all very bland/subtle with regards to the actual flavor....the juices from my china supplier .......... bursts in my mouth, I love it...but it takes forever to get here, and I'm worried about safety - i.e. do they add something not safe to make the flavors better.

My other thought was...maybe it's my e-cig that isn't working well with the Juices...I've got a standard eGo-w...I have noticed that using the stardust atomizer dulls the flavors versus the standard eliq-cart...does anyone with more experience have any thoughts or suggestions?

Suggestion: suppliers should list / alter formulations based on the end users equipment - or a statement that "we make our juice for xyz set-up...you should add more flavor if you have a lower amp system..." or something like that

TarFreeMe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
Bellevue, NE
The search for the right juices and equipment setup is comparable to the search for the holy grail.

There a lot of juices out there that are just plain crap. The ones that aren't are covered by the "taste is subjective" clause.

All the action happens in the atomizer. The best gourmet juice can taste like crap with the wrong combination of resistance and voltage which is also a little subjective to a point. It's a matter of applying Ohm's Law to find your sweet spot for power.

(Voltage x Voltage) / Resistance = Wattage. For example, let's say your eGo is a 3.7v device and your Stardust has a 2.8 ohm head:

(3.7 x 3.7) / 2.8 = 4.89 watts. That may not be enough power to make your juice taste good to you. You may want to switch to a lower resistance head to get that added heat. More likely the eGo is only putting out 3.4 volts which drops that wattage to 4.13.

Then there's the makeup of the juice. PG carries flavour better than VG. VG produces more vapor than PG. So there's another sweet spot you need to find. Where I prefer a 70/30 ratio of PG to VG, you may prefer 50/50.

Add to that the length of time the juice has spent sitting since it was mixed (steeping) and there you have another variable.

And the various juice delivery systems from attys to cartos to clearos to you name it can confuse things even more.

There's a lot of trial and error early on in the vaping journey but it's all worth it once you find the right combos that work best for you. I would suggest starting with cartos (or whatever you prefer) of different resistances so that you can find your preference. Also, get a few samples from several juice vendors in varying PG/VG ratios to find your preference for that. With the advent of the few low-cost VV eGo style devices, you might try one of those as well so you can dial in your preferred wattage on virtually any juice delivery system (until you're used to it always start at low voltage and work up).

Once you've got a basic idea of your power preference and ratio preference, finding the right juices will be a much more pleasant experience.

HTH

Last edited:

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
I like the Dekang juices. They are one of the bigger juice makers in the world and have an amazingly clean factory. Have seen several videos of it. Have been using it almost a year with no problems. They are also cheaper than most. I am now into diy on most juices so just using flavorings, nic pg/vg. Be aware if flavors taste weak you can always get some of your favorite flavor and add a drop or two to existing juices. Lots of the diy sites have the highly concentrated flavorings.

dejavoodoo

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2012
denver
Several sites offer extra flavor "shots" have you found any of those vendors yet? I order from VapeDudes and Mt. Baker Vapor and both give me the choice for extra flavor. Mt. Baker charges .25 per shot, Vapedudes is free I think.

I know there are other sites out there with this option, but these are the two that come to mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread