E-Juice Doesn't taste all that good...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been vaping for about 3 months now. I have the eVic, eGo-C, Inferno, Kanger T-3, Vision Vivi Nova Tank System plus others... I guess I'm missing it.

I've tried all different flavors of e-juice from many different venders and I have yet to "really" find a vap that tastes good. They all seem to have the same icky taste.

I read the reviews and the other users say "Love it!", "Tastes just like a sweet tart!", etc... I don't understand. The only flavor I get a real throat hit from is a Menthol Burst but I just figure that's because the menthol is so strong it can't help but wake me up... I really don't want to give up but don't know what else to do. I've tried cartomizers, atomizers and clearmizers... I can tell the difference between them but all in all the favor just isn't there for me.

Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
have you tried Ahlusion or FanceeJuice or maybe Ms Ts Bakery? look for their "best Sellers" . Also just buy sample packs so you don't end up with a lot of bottles you don't care for. I don't like any fruit flavors or chocolate so I understand it can be tought finding a good liquid. One other site with some good flavors is NiteLite Vapor - their Gold a great vape. Good luck

Lyn0222

Mar 23, 2013
Missouri USA
Definitely try 3mL or 5mL samples sizes, seems to me like every vendor I've ordered from or looked at has those small sizes.

A lot of times, e-juices need to "steep" once you get them. Steeping allows the flavor(s) and PG/VG/etc. to mix together and blend. Many e-juices will have a strong, chemical-y taste at first, or nearly no taste at all, until they've been steeped.

The most common way to steep is to open the bottle, remove the drip cap and set the bottle in a cool, dark place. Shake the bottle often - some say once a day is good, some say several times a day is good. This might take a couple days or even a couple weeks for the flavors to settle in but generally, it works and it's worth it. Out of over 40 flavors I've tried so far, only 2 have never tasted any better after steeping. Some that I thought were good as is have seemed to taste even better after a week or so of just being in my Rubbermaid drawers with all my others.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've personally found three vendors that I gravitated to over the last several months. All three just happen to use all natural, all organic flavoring, which must be the key factor that links what I feel is superior flavor over those companies that use artificial flavors.

Look into Dripeez, Virgin Vapors, and Vaperite.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I can second the Vaperite nomination. When I first started vaping and knew very little about e-juice and different vendors, I tried Vaperite. Their juice was really, really good... Better than the other juices my friend was getting for me from other vendors at the time.

Funny you mention them, Baditude, I've been lurking their page waiting to click Add to Cart for several weeks, now. Any flavor suggestions? I'm good on sweet vapes, I don't need any more of those.

Last edited:

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
I gotta say I feel your pain. I have spent tons of money on juices and only found a handful I can tolerate. I've read, watched videos, and even purchased many of these "top sellers" and just don't get it.

Not sure what the deal is, but most ejuice just doesn't taste good. I have been vaping for about 5 months? now, and still on the lookout for a good one. Boba's Bounty is my all day vape, but I completely lose the flavor after an hour of use. There is a couple others I rotate it with, but so far that is the only one that knocked my socks off. Since I lose the taste so quickly, it too falls short :(

I can't quite put my finger on what causes me to just turn my head at some juices. I can taste what they are described as, but they just don't seem like something I can vape on. It is an odd thing, for sure. Hope ya find something that pleases you.

gjanderson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
San Antonio, TX, USA
Sounds like you are not just wanting better tasting ejuice but looking for a nice TH (Throat Hit). What pg/vg mix are you using (vendors usually post it somewhere)?

I do agree with getting samples. My best advice is to go through a vendor that specializes in ejuice. I have noticed many vendors of the parts have some juices also. Many of the juices though don't seem to be that great, in my opinion, from those places. I have found that many of the places that specialize usually offer samples, extra flavoring, advice, different pg/vg mixes, straight vg, straight pg and sometimes carry a line of e-cig parts and accessories. Those that don't specialize in juice typically have more parts and accessories than ejuice and those that specialize in ejuice carry fewer parts and accessories. Also, good idea is to have a vendor that also vapes - not all do.

I have not tried vaporite but have tried bluemist vaping juices and My Freedom Smokes and like their juices. I have also vaped using Mountain Oak Vapors (by far the best I've tried).

Yes, seeping helps a huge amount. I actually keep mine opened up and placed in a zip lock baggie in the refrigerator and fill my cartos while it is cold. Don't forget to shake the ejuice before using it (filling or dripping).

SneakyVapper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
FPO AP
Yes...definitely DIY. fb has a neat DIY group that can help you learn. They helped me...it takes patience to learn how to get the juice just right, and there are a lot of safety concerns to address. Finding the flavors you like will take time and money, but in the long run you will be happy with the results. Check 'em out :)

http://www.facebook.com/groups/187700181289735/

One more thing...try RBAs. I started to notice my juices had a certain taste, and after starting with RBAs and experimenting with different wick materials, I learned that the silica in most attys has a certain taste that cotton does not. Different wick materials can contribute to different tastes.

Last edited:

xyanide

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2013
The Netherlands
Try a kanger T2 (2.5ohms on whatever you vape it with) or innokin iclear 30, they're about the best clearos out there as far as I know. Try a 30/70 VG/PG mix. For vendors try vaperite, halocigs, alien visions, mt baker vapor, rawr, goodlifevapor.

If you don't get the right satisfaction you should try mixing it up yourself with a couple basic flavors to make it interesting. Try a tobacco base with a fruit that you like and a tiny bit of menthol (and I used to hate menthol). I also find that nicotine affects the flavors, try 12mg or lower and see how that goes.

Last edited:

bg_rocks

Verified Member
Jul 28, 2012
Virginia USA
I've been vaping for about 3 months now. I have the eVic, eGo-C, Inferno, Kanger T-3, Vision Vivi Nova Tank System plus others... I guess I'm missing it.

I've tried all different flavors of e-juice from many different venders and I have yet to "really" find a vap that tastes good. They all seem to have the same icky taste.

I read the reviews and the other users say "Love it!", "Tastes just like a sweet tart!", etc... I don't understand. The only flavor I get a real throat hit from is a Menthol Burst but I just figure that's because the menthol is so strong it can't help but wake me up... I really don't want to give up but don't know what else to do. I've tried cartomizers, atomizers and clearmizers... I can tell the difference between them but all in all the favor just isn't there for me.

Any words of wisdom is greatly appreciated.

I know there are many suggestions out there and I have tried everything joyetech, dekang, altsmoke, Jcreek and many, many more I ordered something from most vendors, ....well the most popular vendors I should say, but I end up liking the most a mix from madvapes. i buy Virginia and USA mix (not usa green or red just USA mix) both 11mg and I mix them 50/50 that's the closest to analog I have ever gotten.

RottenJeeves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 23, 2012
St Paul, Minnesota
I think it might be your setup. Try a carto/tank setup. I used my vivi nova and kanger awhile and since I went cartomizers I have not looked back. You just get a richer deeper flavor as well as a much better throat hit. Seriously my friend, try a catromizer it will change your mind like it did mine.

DanFromRioRancho

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
They all seem to have the same icky taste.

To me, the issue of them all having the same icky taste to you is a key element that may indicate one of 3 major possibilities:

1. You might be suffering from "vapers tongue", which can hang on for an extended period of time for some individuals. Do a search on the term and you'll find a ton of threads on what to do about it.

2. The juices you are currently buying might all require extended steeping time. There are some juices, from some vendors, that can require a month or more of steeping time. Search the forums (ejuice, reviews, and vendor specific) and talk to the vendor to look for guidance on recommended steeping times.

3. You may have a relatively mild allergy to PG; not enough to get itchy or develop a rash, but enough to trash your taste buds. Consider buying a sample sized bottle of 100% VG juice.

Good luck to you!

Edit: Taste is subjective. For me, there are some vendors whose juice absolutely tastes awful while others love them. You might just plain have had a bad luck streak with your choices.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback from all of you! I am working on all the suggestions. Some of my juice has been coming from Pink Spot and I agree it does seem better than others. I am going to give Vaperite a try on their sample packs and also a Bauway Clearomizer ce4. I do have several Kangar T3's and I like the no mess approach but they seem to be a little "airy".

I haven't given up and hopefully I too will find that right combination of equipment + juice.

Last night I did open all my bottles of ejuice, removed the dropper and then all sitting in a closed cabinet steeping. :)

I'm listening... reading anyway!

Take care!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread