E Juice Filling and Product Terminology

Status
Not open for further replies.

comeonhitme

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2012
tampa bay
Hey there!

So Ive been going around this website for a while and have decided to make a post which can hopefully clear up some questions for myself (and hopefully others) once and for all :laugh:

So here is where I'm at currently in the Volt and newbie ecig world:

-Have been using my SI Volt for about a week now. Started with the premium kit and pre-filled cartomizers. (which I'm in love with!!!) Started researching and looking into E Juices while I go through my initial order of pre-filled carts and sample packs.

-Yesterday I made a second order from SI which included blank cartos and a few accessories. I also made an order for some 10ml sample e juices from a vendor that people seem pretty high on. So basically in the next week I'm going to be introduced to the wondeful world of juices and filling my own carts up.

This leads to my questions about filling up your cartos with E Juices and some of the different ways to do so.

1.) Many people talk about the X2 clearomizers and the blank cartomizers you can order. Can someone please explain the main differences in these products?

2.) Since I have made the order for Blank cartomizers and E juice bottles, I want to be knowledgeable about how to fill them up in a simple, easy way. I've read that the first time you fill up a blank cartomizer it is the most important and from there you can just keep refilling them many times after.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
Hi welcome and congrats! :thumbs:

Here is a video on filling cartos:

Clearomizers would be a bit big on the standard batts but they work... the instructions to filling are on the site and a bit easier then filling a carto imho here is a picture of them:

x2clearo.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The following are observations for the clearomizers and cartomizers from Smokeless Image. All of SI's hardware is designed to work together, meaning they all use the k808 connector threading.

CARTOMIZERS

These are of the same diameter as the Volt 65mm and 78mm batteries. Made of a stainless steel shell that house the atomizer that heats your e-liquid and the absorbable polyfill material that wicks the juice to said atomizer. Two lengths, standard and XL. Can be filled one of two ways, either the "condom" method where juice is put in one of the caps the carto comes shipped with and battery end of carto is placed in this to allow the polyfill material to absorb the juice. Or, you can fill by dripping into the other end of the carto after pulling the white inner cap out, being careful to only drip on the polyfill and not into the center air hole. Cartos are safe to use with any e-juice (including some known to destroy polycarbonate plastic). Considered to be a disposible item after 2-3 refills, some people do refurbish them. Cheaper per unit than a clearomizer.

CLEAROMIZERS These are the same diameter as the larger X2 Volt batteries. They also have an atomizer like the cartos, but use no polyfill to absorb the e-juice. They have 2-4 wicks which draw the liquid into the atomizer. The liquid is stored in a clear or transparent tank, so that you can easily see how much liquid is present. All of the earlier clearo tanks were made of polycarbonate, which were vulnerable to cracking or melting with a few caustic juices; more recently some manufacturers are using alternate materials safe to use with those liquids. Easily filled by unscrewing the mouthpiece and carefully dripping juice into the tank area. Clearos are also considered disposable, but many people are getting multiple uses out of them by refurbishing them. Clearos are also 2-3 times more expensive than cartos.

crbrown

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Kansas
-what ones do you guys use? carto or clearo?

-and baditude, your saying each carto will only last me 2-3 refills? not that im questioning you or know any better but Ive read that you can get 20+ refills out of each one...?

-how do you refurbish a carto?

It really depends on what you put in to it. Some of the liquids I use will kill the carto in three refills, others will take 20 or more refills. Liquids that are dark or extra sweet or higher vg tend to not last as long.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It really depends on what you put in to it. Some of the liquids I use will kill the carto in three refills, others will take 20 or more refills. Liquids that are dark or extra sweet or higher vg tend to not last as long.

What he (she) said.

I guess I preferred the clearos over the cartos. Not only do I like the looks of them on my X2 batteries, but the vaping results seem to be more consistant. With cartos, it was my experience that the draw and vapor production varied with each carto depending upon the amount of juice in it and how many times it had been refilled. I didn't experience that with the clearomizers, they were relatively consistant with the draw and vapor production undependent upon amount of juice in the tank.

I use my more advanced mods with 3.5 ml and 6 ml dual coil cartomizer tanks 95% of the time now. I make sure the tanks are made of polypropylene and not polycarbonate. I did just order a few more clearomizers from Smokeless Image to take advantage of their reduced price and father's day sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread