E-juice isnt oxidizing...whats being added?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie W.

Sep 2, 2015
I recently purchased 2, 30 ml bottles of 3 mg ejuice. With every other ejuice I've gotten it has either come steeped (amber colored) or has changed color within a few days. However, I Bought this juice clear and it hasnt changed color. Even after leaving it in my car, in the heat and sun all day, its still has no color.

When i contacted the ejuice company via facebook questioning how they kept their juice from oxidizing all they said was "Secrets. No everything is done with tested ingredients. No harmful chemicals."

What could be added to keep the nicotine from oxidizing?

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
It does have nicotine. They could have changed the flavor base, but wouldnt the oxidization of the nicotine still occur and change color regardless of flavor base, wouldnt it?
Not necessarily. I have vaped the same liquids(2) for 5 years and the color(oxidizes) never changes. And at 3mg of nic per 30ml is not a lot to oxidize volume wise. If it tastes the same and you get the same results....color is no matter!:D

Panorama911

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2012
Kansas
That's true. It's not a lot to oxidize, and im not worried with the color. I was mostly just concerned with what unknown chemical or additive could be in the juice.
In that case, I would consider finding a liquid from a well spoken for vendor and the reviews the users here @ ECF have. Unfortunately we will never know exactly what the recipe has in it, so to be safe, read up on the various liquids spoken well of here, perhaps you can find one you can feel at ease with!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I might be wrong, but I don't attribute the change in color of my eliquid to nicotine oxidation at all. It does change, but I think it's more an effect of the added flavorings. For instance, I've mixed up straight no-flavor juice (Nic in about 85% VG +15% PG) and it stays perfectly clear...for months and months. When I mix flavored liquid, it typically darkens over the first few weeks.

MikeyConti

VapeBro
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
South Carolina
I had a similar experience. I vape Flavorz by Joe - Coolport 18mg Nic Everyday, for almost a year now. Its always been a Dark Red Color. A few weeks ago I pulled out a bottle that I was steeping for 2 weeks, and it came out Champagne Clearish.. I figured something may have been off so I e-mailed them and they asked for the Lot Numbers and what not, they did some kind of QC test then sent me a QC statement saying pretty much that the Batch was just made(Was only 3 weeks old).. Its been around 2 months now and its just starting to darken, the flavor was never different.

Spencer87

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2014
Jakarta- Indonesia
I have some juices that are almost a year old and have been left out and have barely changed color at all. most of the color is from flavors... plus, 3mg nic is very low, so the color change would be negligible.
good nic probably
edit*
Oh ya, and moving this to New members from simple solutions, as simple solutions is intended to help people get started! More traffic in new members anyways

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I recently purchased 2, 30 ml bottles of 3 mg ejuice. With every other ejuice I've gotten it has either come steeped (amber colored) or has changed color within a few days. However, I Bought this juice clear and it hasnt changed color. Even after leaving it in my car, in the heat and sun all day, its still has no color.

When i contacted the ejuice company via facebook questioning how they kept their juice from oxidizing all they said was "Secrets. No everything is done with tested ingredients. No harmful chemicals."

What could be added to keep the nicotine from oxidizing?
Congratulations, you finally got lucky - you got juice without coloring and without unstable ingredients. Good juice should not have color, it can just became brownish with time (not necessarily). Many makers add colors to their juices. Do you want to inhale colorings?

P.S. You need to keep your nicotine solution for a year to get is slightly brownish. Nicotine oxidizes pretty slowly.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Congratulations, you finally got lucky - you got juice without coloring and without unstable ingredients. Good juice should not have color, it can just became brownish with time (not necessarily). Many makers add colors to their juices. Do you want to inhale colorings?

But they said they added secret ingredients to prevent it from oxidizing. That's the troubling part...

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
If my DYI peppermint which is clear ever changed colors I would throw it in the trash. I tend to make 250ml batches and have 6 or more flavors in rotation, so I've got a bottle that is still about a quarter full and 4 months old and it's still as clear as water.

Not all juice changes color. My vanillas and some fruits get darker but my clear mints and my wife's menthol always stays clear. If it changed color I would consider the juice ruined and throw it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread