Not open for further replies.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I think the crux of the matter with Chinese juices is "DO we really know what is in them?"

That said I have seen video of one of their production facilities and it was immaculate. I also have seen stats that say one Chinese juice supplier supplies juice to like half the world.

In the end the individual has to make a choice on what is acceptable risk to them. I would however take anything said by a vape shop employee about a competitors product with a pretty big grain of salt.

AegisPrime

ECF Veteran
Dec 17, 2013
The Fortesque Mansion, UK
Hello all.
I was at our new local B&M who makes their own juice. I had asked one of the employees if he ever tried a certain juice. It is made in China. He said he'd never vape any juice from China. He emphatically stated that they contain over 360 chemicals in them.

Is this true?

No.

Some people get a little concerned that imported e-liquids might be contaminated with additives/impurities/chemicals - and if you buy knock-offs or really cheap e-liquid then sure - you might get something nasty (same if you buy anywhere though).

But brands like Dekang and Joye have reputations to uphold and their stuff is fine - heck - e-cigs were invented in China and most of them are made there...

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Hello all.
I was at our new local B&M who makes their own juice. I had asked one of the employees if he ever tried a certain juice. It is made in China. He said he'd never vape any juice from China. He emphatically stated that they contain over 360 chemicals in them.

Is this true?

No, and that would be the last time I dealt with someone that felt they had to LIE to make a sale.

Dekang and Hangsen produce the largest percentage of e-liquids sold world wide.

I have personally Vaped plenty of USA and China e-liquids. Seems every supplier has their good and not so good, or just plain nasty e-liquids.

Shadav

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 4, 2013
Westfield, IN, USA
thehelpline.info
:lol: reminds me of when I introduced my grandfather to Chinese food

"but they eat dogs and insects...you don't know what's in this!"
eh...take your glasses off grandpa, close your eyes and just eat it and quit over thinking things.....you do realize that by american standards there's an exceptional amount of bug parts in all processed food.....

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I've vaped Dekang for a year. Other than the way it tastes, but only in certain clearos, its been just fine. A look at youtube (two I can think of) will show you their labs. I venture to say no one can touch them for safety in that area world-wide including the USA. Personally, if any vendor said something like that to me, I would never buy anything in that store. I wouldn't trust them enough to. Competitive spin in one thing but what they're telling you is not that. Its and out-and-out lie. A packing slip comes to the vendor with each product and it states every ingredient in the juice including what's in the flavoring in them. I know, I have allergies and have enquired on two different from two different vendors. I've done the same thing concerning USA-made juices and the vendors can't tell me what's in them. Why? Because the big companies they buy their flavorings from don't tell them what's in them. Check it out for yourself. Ask Capella or Lorann what's in their flavoring. They either don't know or won't tell so how would the vendor know what's in what they're using to mix their juices? No, if its important that I know exactly what's in my juice, it will be a Dekang one. Now, as I mentioned earlier, with tobacco juices at least in one type of clearo with a low res atty I use it does have an underlying celery taste. Not all of the tobaccos do though. But the celery tasting ones in my other clearos with the same res don't have that taste to them. Go figure.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
Most companies will state they source their ingredients in the US not that they are US ingredients. If you buy foreign bases and flavourings from a US wholesaler you can say your liquid is made in the US from US sourced ingredients.

Incidentally Hangsen PG is from Dow Chemicals in the US, it's a globalised world out there.

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Every liquidmaker got 'duds' : stuff that our palates consider abhorrent but may be well liked in other corners of the globe. Dekang and Hangsen are running batches by the truckload, so it's in their own interest to make sure that the raw materials are up to par. If I chuck one of my DIY recipes because it makes my toenails curl it's a few cents worth of raw materials and a small ..... in my ego.
If they have to chuck a whole run it's a few thousand bucks worth of raw materials and a huge dent in their reputation. Maybe their stuff isn't so glamorous and lacks a certain bling-bling factor, but it's as vapeable as anything. Heck, their Africa Blend was even a pleasant surprise...dark, sweet strong :)

360 chemicals, so, we got PG ,VG ,nic, water, leaves 356 chemicals in the ppm range to make a flavouring :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread