The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-juice names / taste?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by JoAnna1010, Jul 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JoAnna1010

JoAnna1010 Senior Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Knoxville TN, USA
    Some of the ejuice names are difficult to translate to flavor.
    What does RY4 tast like?
    What is Hilton flavor?
    What's the difference between tobacco, flu cured tobacco and a brand name tobacco like Marlboro or Winston??

2. wv2win

wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    RY4 is different from different suppliers. I believe Ruyan's is the best. The taste is hard to explain. I would venture a light tobacco base with a hint of vanilla/caramel. My other favorite is Kent. It is the closes to a smooth tobacco flavor that I have had and I have tried about 6 different tobacco flavors.

3. Richie G

Richie G Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 15, 2009
    Lawn Guyland, NY
    My never ending (so it seems) journey into the taste spectrum of e-liquid denotes one thing for sure -- taste is subjective so you really can't count on anyone else's opinion. Worse than that, at least in my case, there are liquids that I didn't like at first that I liked later and vice versa. Further, (LOL) there are some liquids that I like from the cartridge but not dripped.

As WV noted, the same named product can vary from suppliers. Given that some 90% come from DaKang I'm not sure how that happens so often. I'm wondering if the liquids just vary by the batch due to the poor Chinese QC. It's no wonder why so many mix their own stuff. As frustrating as it is to find just the right hardware, so is the *software* of the e-cig industry.

FWIW...

RY4 is tobacco-based with a caramel undertone.
    Hilton is a tobacco blend. I like it most days. LOL
    Tobacco (sometimes TOK) has a sweetness to it.
    Flu cured -- I taste molasses in this one, others will disagree. I liked it at first but it makes me drink like a fish.
    Winston -- I have an unopened bottle here of that one. Ditto for Kent, Benson & Hedges and a couple of other "tobacco" flavors. I'm hoping like heck that one of them will be my everyday vape.

Truth is, by the end of nearly everyday, (with any of the tobacco-ish stuff) nearly everything I drop on the atty tastes sweet. That's when I reach for my new concoction -- 1 drop of spearmint, 1 drop of marlboro and 1 drop of ecopure. 'Tis vaping heaven. (now, ask me in a week and I'll hate that combo too) <g>

4. Boredoftheworld

Boredoftheworld Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jun 22, 2009
    Charleston, SC
    Isn't it great that we're not locked into one thing? When I smoked it was my brand and type or nothing (and "nothing" really meant driving to the next store to see if they had my smokes). Now I've got chocolate, menthol, cherry, rum all in my regular rotation and another 25 flavors in a tackle box for when I want something different. How many of us EVER wanted anything different in an analog?

5. Closet Toker

Closet Toker Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 7, 2009
    Trempealeau, WI.
    Not all liquid manufacturers flavors will taste exactly the same, nor will everybody taste each flavor in the same way.

I personally prefer tobacco flavors with slight sweetness and smokey/nutty/caramel flavors. I've tried fruity/candy flavors, and have yet to like any that I have tried.
    The best flavor for 555, and RY4 I've had is from Drew at Nhaler, very good stuff!

Flue cured: Slightly sweet Golden leaf tobacco with a hint of smokey flavor. (third favorite)
    555: Slightly sweet tobacco with a nutty/caramel flavor (probably my favorite)
    Ry4: slightly sweet tobacco with a caramel/smokey flavor (my second favorite)
    Virginia: Sweet leaf tobacco (about the same as flue cured, without the "smokey" flavor)
    Hilton: slightly sweet cigar-ish tobacco

Marlboro, Winston, Camel: More dominant Tobacco flavor with much less "sweetness".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.