E-juice questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
I've picked up a few bottles of juice from a local supplier. A Blueberry and a Camel, 10ml both 24mg nicotine. The Camel is simply revolting. I cannot begin to describe the true horror :p. The Blueberry is OK but the flavor dies off almost instantly. I keep adding 3 drops to the atty every 10 puffs or so.

I've tried it in a 510 knockoff, a 510 style PT, and a Puck mod box. The flavor just doesn't have any hang time.

I've ordered a variety of flavors from Ms. T's bakery and cannot wait to get them in! I've heard so many wonderful things about them.

In your vast experiences what should I expect from flavor, in general. What kind of hang time should a flavor hold? And is there a method for determining bad juice, ie: a certain smell or aftertaste that will reveal it has gone bad. I know the YMMV adage I'm just curious what a general consensus is regarding flavor and “hang time”.

Peace and Puffs

Steelrat

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hold? There is very little flavor in a non-sweet tobacco juice. And nothing is burning. The main thing is the aroma. Your tongue can only sense 5 things - sweet, salty, bitter, sour, and umami (msg). If the juice has none of those, then there will be little flavor and you need to go by the aroma. Cigs dump aroma all over you. With ecigs you need to make sure your nose gets some.

What did you buy? Chinese PG juice? Buy a decent Turkish blend like FreedomSmokeUSA Desert Ship and I recommend 70pg/30vg.

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
The Ms. T's snickerdoodle I have read quite a bit about. Seems like a ECF favorite, lol. I'll have to pick some up the next time I order.

I'm unsure what type of juice I got, as in if it was Chinese PG juice, although I do know it's 100% PG. The bottles are pretty generic, simply a name and strength. The gentleman at the place I picked them up at seemed more like just a salesman than an actual aficionado. He had no idea where the juice came from other than, "my warehouse". I guess I was just a little too excited to actually find a local supplier where I live, caveat emptor.
I think I'll keep him as an "emergency only" type deal. He does have all the parts I could need so that is a plus.

I appreciate all the advice and every day that goes by I keep getting more and more excited about all this. It truly is a delightful adventure you cats have me on!

Peace and Puffs

Steelrat

when juices havent produced a real flavour in the past I tried them on a boge low resistance cartomizer - they usually produce the best experience to me when using a cartridge or tank failed - dont know why but it was always the last resort and in 8 out of 10 cases it was a success ... maybe you want to give it a go same way ... however keep in mind that the stronger the nicotine level, the fewer taste will produced, I most of the time dont cross the 18mg line ...

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
If you buy some extra caramel and blueberry flavorings you could add to your current juice, it will drop the MG Nic count but could bring it alive, you could also add a little bit of VG to it to help it out as well if its all PG and even a little bit of Nic to bring it back up to your original MG. Ecigexpress has some great pricing and good flavorings, if blueberry and caramel are your thing I would suggest buying these two flavorings anyway so you can always give your juice an extra shot of flavoring to dress it to your likings.

Lambch3p

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2011
Sunny Tampa Florida
Welcome to ECF!
I usually order extra flavor in my hand made jucies that I order. Some people have less tastebuds then others. (Try Vaporrenu for inexpensive 30ml fully customizable juices in tons of flavors use code renu for 10% off) The only bad juice is the one YOU don't like the taste of. Juice will last up to 2 years if kept in a dark, cool place. Some flavors hang more then others. Things with mints, cinnamon or menthol tend to linger the longest. I find tobacco flavors usually don't hit the spot, personally. Sometimes adding a bit of menthol juice to a juice you don't like can make it better. Try combining your tobacco juice with the blueberry you already have, to make blueberry tobacco. Pg juices have more flavor then Vg ones do usually. (Try the vaporroom for excellent Vg juice with extra flavor option and a free 15ml for 1st time buyers). Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Last edited:

Steelrat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
Bit O'Heaven
OK, I think I have an idea as to why these particular juices may be off. See if this sounds like a bad idea, lol.

I got these juices at a local flea market. They are stored in a glass case that has direct exposure to the sun, and God only knows how long they have been in there.

I'm in Central Florida so to say we have a lot of direct sunlight is somewhat of an understatement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread