"E-juice Regulation" is a dirty phrase, BUT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
With so many vapers having, or claiming to have, sensitivity to PG; it is important to know the VG/PG blend.

I've experienced the same thing... a reason I stick with high VG!

I would assume that, like anyone with an allergy/sensitivity, you would avoid products that contain pg, and if a vendor doesn't disclose whether or not the juice contains pg you don't buy from them.

Vapey_McVape

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2015
Los Angeles
just for a thought ...

lets say a company offers 40 flavors in 10 levels of PG/VG percentages with 6 levels of nic... thats 2400 variants of juice... now lets do a combo flavor package of the 40 different flavors. that now brings the variants up to 3.8 million different combinations....

Dude.... Comeon all they would need to test is the juice with 0 nic in it as that is what is the uknown... And enthalpy is 200 per test from what I read. Why would they need to test every possible vg/pg combination? Will the percentage of flavoring being changed be that dramatic? I honestly dont understand the opposition to testing juices for diketones its honestly a little perplexing to me...

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I would assume that, like anyone with an allergy/sensitivity, you would avoid products that contain pg, and if a vendor doesn't disclose whether or not the juice contains pg you don't buy from them.

Which is my exactly point and my reason for saying:
I've experienced the same thing... a reason I stick with high VG!
But without a label stating such a clerk, at the local B&M or order puller at a net based can give you the wrong stuff!

Sgt.Rock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2014
The Poconos
Dude.... Comeon all they would need to test is the juice with 0 nic in it as that is what is the uknown... And enthalpy is 200 per test from what I read. Why would they need to test every possible vg/pg combination? Will the percentage of flavoring being changed be that dramatic? I honestly dont understand the opposition to testing juices for diketones its honestly a little perplexing to me...
You're forgetting it's the government we're talking about here. Yes they will require ALL variations to be tested and approved if it goes down this road.

DIY will be the only answer unless you want to be buying all your ejuices from Big Cig--they will own the industry if the current proposals become law because nobody else has deep enough pockets to jump through all the hoops.

DIY...buy Nic now, freeze, and sit back and relax. You will always be able to get the rest of the ingredients.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
Which is my exactly point and my reason for saying:
But without a label stating such a clerk, at the local B&M or order puller at a net based can give you the wrong stuff!

and this is why I get my juice from Heathers Heavenly Vapes....
I can order the VG/PG ratios in about 10 different levels ( 10% increases per step) but I get 100VG
I can order nic from 0 to 36
and I can order extra flavor...
and a 100ml bottle is 40$
and.... the juice is awesome

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
With respect to ejuice I do see a need to "standardized" information on labels. The mental image of Billy Joe Bob and his cousin Billy Ray in their double wide mixin e-juice in the bathtub to sell to the general public is a bit scary to say the least. Ensuring that juice companies adhere to clean standards is a good thing right?

• For example, most bottles don't even tell you how many ml are contained within and they're all different shapes and sizes.

• Most will clearly and easily tell you the nic content but not all.

• Glass vs Plastic bottles, which is better?

• Finally, and most importantly (IMHO) all e-juice bottles should contain a "born on date".

What do you all think? Where could the ejuice industry improve?

Do you believe regulation by any government agency (FDA) is going to make anything safer? I am sorry to tell you it will not. I am currently working for a FDA approved medical manufacturing facility. You would be amazed, people will still take shortcuts and bypass standards if not watched over.I can tell you this from experience. This facility scares me. the FDA has not been on premise for any type of isnpection in 5+ years. This company charges 10 times the price for that FDA distinction.

I know fisthand how the FDA approved branding makes no difference in quality, or for that matter any other agency approved product. Makes me wonder about meat,dairy or any other food products.

This is why I do do

dilligence and check my vape store for cleanliness practices first hand, or DIY. Did I say doo doo.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Which is why I said

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
Do you believe regulation by any government agency (FDA) is going to make anything safer? I am sorry to tell you it will not. I am currently working for a FDA approved medical manufacturing facility. You would be amazed, people will still take shortcuts and bypass standards if not watched over.I can tell you this from experience. This facility scares me. the FDA has not been on premise for any type of isnpection in 5+ years. This company charges 10 times the price for that FDA distinction.

I know fisthand how the FDA approved branding makes no difference in quality, or for that matter any other agency approved product. Makes me wonder about meat,dairy or any other food products.

This is why I do do

dilligence and check my vape store for cleanliness practices first hand, or DIY. Did I say doo doo.

...please, Please, PLEASE... Show me where I mention any government agency or FDA in my OP?

I merely am bringing up the need for the industry to self police and create a standard for all labeling in the future!

You do your due diligence at the vape store??? That's just ludicrous, unless your vape store is manufacturing your juice!

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
and this is why I get my juice from Heathers Heavenly Vapes....
I can order the VG/PG ratios in about 10 different levels ( 10% increases per step) but I get 100VG
I can order nic from 0 to 36
and I can order extra flavor...
and a 100ml bottle is 40$
and.... the juice is awesome

...and how do you know that Heather's isn't made by 2 country bumpkins in a doublewide? Have you visited and inspected their juice manufacturing plant?
Are the employees filling orders infallible robots, or mistake prone humans?

Nice prices there for sure, do they cut corners to stay low? If so where?

Strings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2014
Manitowoc WI USA

Nope. Adopting "industry standard testing" will come from government, and WILL require testing of each and every variation

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
...and how do you know that Heather's isn't made by 2 country bumpkins in a doublewide? Have you visited and inspected their juice manufacturing plant?

well I do know its not a backwoods cabin.... and they do have some of the best juice around....

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.

do you by chance eat at any resturant or do you cook all your own meals with food grown in your back yard?... same principle applies to anything made for consumption by a company.... but yet people dont demand to see what is in their hamburger..... and the FDA allows for small percentages of "crude protien" to be present in manufactured foods.... and crude protien is bug parts.....

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
I wonder how many of the people here who desire a tighter control/regulation on juice ever ask the maker at the snowball stand they buy from to present their certificate of ingredients/contents......

True, but you as a consumer know the risks (OR SHOULD) of carnival food!

However, fast food restaurants do have to offer menus that show standardized caloric, fat, protein, and other items.

All I'm saying is that the industry, along with consumers should demand standardized label information. Whatever that information is... I, for example, would really like to see a "born on date", PG/VG%, and ml/mg content on all juice bottles! I don't want to have to take anybody's word for it!

Darryl Licht

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2015
So Cal
My question always is:

If you're posing juice regulation questions, are you aware that AEMSA exists?

People who want regulations can shop with AEMSA vendors, those who don't can shop where they please.

Please understand, I DO NOT want government involvement!

Merely a self regulated set of labeling guidelines self-administered by the juice industry and consumers.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
True, but you as a consumer know the risks (OR SHOULD) of carnival food!

However, fast food restaurants do have to offer menus that show standardized caloric, fat, protein, and other items.

All I'm saying is that the industry, along with consumers should demand standardized label information. Whatever that information is... I, for example, would really like to see a "born on date", PG/VG%, and ml/mg content on all juice bottles! I don't want to have to take anybody's word for it!

then you need to order from Heathers.... they do that....
and the born date is the date you order it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread