Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Well now, I have something to think about. Bought a mod that I'm going to refinish.

Was planning a candy coat with a couple coats of clear polycarbonate.

Will have to see if juice has any effect on that.

Here's a link :

Cerakote Coatings: Finishes

You may be able to find some cheaper, this just gives you a start in what to look for.

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Stuff looks nice but the tester is more than I paid for the mid, it's only 4oz

Yes it's fairly high.. (you paid less than 40 for the mod? Not bad!)

I don't know how the drag is set up, or where the paint is chipping, but the air cured is what's higher priced, you can get that on Amazon for 31.99 plus shipping

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B071...e+air+cure&dpPl=1&dpID=511W3eKg1QL&ref=plSrch

However, if you can remove panels and oven cure, the price drops to 22.99 plus shipping

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01N...s=cerakote&dpPl=1&dpID=51Jt8FbzeHL&ref=plSrch

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I bought an Asmodus Osmoniummummum......

Looks like it can be disassembled easily enough, sanded well & primed. Shouldn't be too hard.

Look around the forums too. I think one person who had paint peeling problems on a different mod simply sanded it and allowed the metal to patina.. it's bare metal but if I remember right it still looked nice..

That's going to be the cheapest thing to do..

But you can also see what others are doing and ask how what they are doing is standing the test of time.

For me personally I just decided that if I ever got my hands on one of those peeling paint mods and really liked the mod itself that I would cerekote it.. but others I'm sure might be doing other things also so see what other options there are..

gofishtx

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
Tomball Texas
Well, sorta kinda. Depends on how "old school" one tends to be. :D

I have to be careful on what I use in my original RSSTs (plastic tank). The newer glass ones are worry free, though. And you can still get those gas station rigs that include the venerable CE4 clearomizers which are still extremely prone to cracking with certain e-liquids.
Ahhh The CE4s, but weren't they great when they first came out? Before we got those it was the dreaded cartomizers and the cartomizer tanks and before that the polyfill. Vaping has come a long way. So JF, just what kind of paint eating or metal eating juice are you using? A strong citrusy fruit or maybe a cinnamon?. What about your tank, does it leak a lot? At least you can sand and refinish the mod yourself and make it really custom.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread