Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
So I am at a cross roads. I have not been vaping long and of course went through the vape tounge thing. I have way more flavors than I think I should at this point in the game. Problem is I don't feel like any of them are true to what they say they are. I have some from two of my local b & m store some from vape dudes and some from Mbv. All of them smell really great but when I vape them not so much. I got some Sweetener thinking well if nothing else I will just make everything sweet as hell and life will be good. Everyone said just a drop or two will do Ya. Be careful cause you can over do it. So ya been taking it slow. Drop here a drop there and no! So I took my pt mini and filled it almost all the way then added the Sweetener to it. Maybe about 1/3 of the clearo now we are talking. Finally I can taste something. My wife finds thus acai berry one. Don't care for it but damn I can taste that one. She orders pink champagne from Mbv and to my surprise I like it. I get butterscotch and ya tastes nothing like it. Abstine gives me heart burn. I have some tobacco kinda flavors but over it. I have a rocky road that was great the first day but ya not no more. And it guns up my wicks. Any ideas of something that has some flavor? Plan on trying moo juice. Just sounds good but don't want to keep ordering things that end up a dud. My plan is to try other places as well. We were gonna do avl but a local b & m has it and we were not so pleased. I want something with a strong flavor not a hint of. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks yall are the best!

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
Used to be a heavy smoker and decided early on in my vaping career that ready-made liquids weren't cutting it for me.
5th bottle of juice I ever did was already DIY with nicbase and a very generous helping of flavour. Concentrations I vape will probably make others retch with disgust. Guess that's what one gets for mucking up the sensory gear with loads of tar.

There is no accounting for taste. Vaping is a very personal thing with very personal tastes - else there wouldn't be literally hundreds of flavours and tons of different hardware on the market. Ready-made liquids are always made on 'quantum satis' basis, means the manufacturers add just enough flavour to appeal to the broadest possible customer base. Which doesn't necessarily cover you and me, or the folks whose palates are sensitive enough that they get by with miniscule quantities of flavouring in their liquids...

Personally, I either do something or I don't do something - that goes for everything, not just vaping.
These half-a..ed 'light' products aren't part of my world, so if the ready-made stuff fails to please, consider mixing your own or pimp up the ready liquids for starters. Your vape, your taste buds, your preferences...

greghemmings

Verified Member
Oct 6, 2013
Glasgow
So I am at a cross roads. I have not been vaping long and of course went through the vape tounge thing. I have way more flavors than I think I should at this point in the game. Problem is I don't feel like any of them are true to what they say they are. I have some from two of my local b & m store some from vape dudes and some from Mbv. All of them smell really great but when I vape them not so much. I got some Sweetener thinking well if nothing else I will just make everything sweet as hell and life will be good. Everyone said just a drop or two will do Ya. Be careful cause you can over do it. So ya been taking it slow. Drop here a drop there and no! So I took my pt mini and filled it almost all the way then added the Sweetener to it. Maybe about 1/3 of the clearo now we are talking. Finally I can taste something. My wife finds thus acai berry one. Don't care for it but damn I can taste that one. She orders pink champagne from Mbv and to my surprise I like it. I get butterscotch and ya tastes nothing like it. Abstine gives me heart burn. I have some tobacco kinda flavors but over it. I have a rocky road that was great the first day but ya not no more. And it guns up my wicks. Any ideas of something that has some flavor? Plan on trying moo juice. Just sounds good but don't want to keep ordering things that end up a dud. My plan is to try other places as well. We were gonna do avl but a local b & m has it and we were not so pleased. I want something with a strong flavor not a hint of. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks yall are the best!

OK...I have been vaping a couple of months, and have tried quite a few flavors. I have found that Highbrow Vapors Highbrow Vapor | American Made E Liquid - Premium E Cigs has some amazing flavors. I keep a huge bottle of Cappuccino Diablo on hand all the time! Also try Heather's Blueberry Muffin at Heathers Heavenly Vapes, Top Quality Custom E-Liquids for a really tasty vape! When I try something new, I usually order a small 3 or 10 ml bottle. It doesn't cost much, and if I don't like it I just throw it away. If I do like it I order a bigger bottle. Study the e-juice forum on the main page for some great suggestions. Hope this helps!:)

GoodNews!

Moved On
Oct 25, 2013
Vaping, USA
My weird thing is that when I taste a juice straight from the vendor's own device and sample, they all taste wonderful. I am a smoker so some come through better than others, but there's never a bad taste on a vendor's device. I buy the same liquid and upon first hit in any of my devices, it always seems to taste like salt, vinegar, toilet paper, fish oil, pennies, nickels, charcoal, dill pickles, chemical cleaner, stainless steel dust, rubber, it's just endless. Can't figure it out. And I always take horrid care of the vendor's own delivery devices when I sample their flavors, allowing no time for wicking, turning the voltage way up, all sorts of things, never a bad taste. It's as though the stuff they use to put their own samples in is indestructible.

And yet I treat my own devices with caressing care, and they all backfire on me. I have no clue what gives.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
Vape tounge sucks. I have had it for over 2 years and can't taste 90% of the vendors I try. The only vendor I have been able to taste and enjoy is KickBassVapor E-Liquid

Their flavors are spot on, you can order extra flavor, and the customer service is top notch.

Last week I discovered Five Pawns - Signature Vapor Liquid

I can taste them and I enjoy them but they are more expensive than most vendors.

bones1274

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2010
florida
My weird thing is that when I taste a juice straight from the vendor's own device and sample, they all taste wonderful. I am a smoker so some come through better than others, but there's never a bad taste on a vendor's device. I buy the same liquid and upon first hit in any of my devices, it always seems to taste like salt, vinegar, toilet paper, fish oil, pennies, nickels, charcoal, dill pickles, chemical cleaner, stainless steel dust, rubber, it's just endless. Can't figure it out. And I always take horrid care of the vendor's own delivery devices when I sample their flavors, allowing no time for wicking, turning the voltage way up, all sorts of things, never a bad taste. It's as though the stuff they use to put their own samples in is indestructible.

And yet I treat my own devices with caressing care, and they all backfire on me. I have no clue what gives.

Maybe try a different device or different setup on your device? I went through several devices before I found one that allowed me to enjoy my juice. Then I put a RDA on it and it really made the juice flavor pop.

m3nace

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
If your really looking for flavor id try an rba instead of a carto itll blow your mind. Ive found that alot of flavors on cartos are mute unless theyre strong then when I switched to atomizers the flavors that were really strong on cartos are overwhelming on an rba and less strong ones on cartos were enhanced on rbas

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
All of this sounds great. Will have to try a little of each. I don't do any cinnamon flavors as for some reason those things have never agreed with me. I have thought about buying the flavors from Mbv that they have for dyi. Just worried the wife will freak if I spend any more money trying to get something I can taste. Thought about dyi but I really don't have the room to store any more stuff. I do plan on hitting up other vendors. My wife has like three flavors already that she uses all day every day yet I can't find anything. Will try some things yall said and just keep at it cause a bad flavor tastes way better than any analog. Lol

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
Try ECBlend E-Liquids You can mix your own blends and they only charge 2.50 per bottle (5ML) I've come up with a few that were pretty darn good. You can add sweetener, extra flavor and some menthol options.

BTW, what flavors do you like? Maybe we can help you more knowing what you like.

Last edited:

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My first six months were a real struggle as my taste buds waged total war and my sense of smell returned. My preferences for liquid, food, even brands of coffee were all out of whack, and kept changing. I did manage to find one flavor that I could fall back on when all else failed.

Now, after 14 months, I find my best flavor is no flavor at all...unflavored.

So you never know where this will lead.

Snickerfritz

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
USA
Peppermint is my flavor of choice. I've tried lots of different flavors, but nothing has knocked peppermint of its pedestal as my mainstay. It will light your mouth/throat up. It's also good for mixing with other flavors. Pear/peppermint is a favorite. 'Bit weird 'cause I was never a menthol smoker...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread