E-Liquid in my mouth, ew!

Status
Not open for further replies.

unfaithful

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2011
United Kingdom
I just got my package full of new juice, and I was trying out a 50/50 mix cherry e-liquid. So I was vaping away, until I felt quite a large amount of liquid in my mouth, gross! I panicked, ran to the bathroom and started washing my mouth like crazy until my lips went numb from cold water :D. There was this leaflet about health and safety of nicotine in the juice and they made it seem so toxic and deadly. How bad really it is if you get liquid in your mouth? Should you seek medical advise or something? I dont feel bad, but I dont want to get an overdose :D Does it happen a lot to you guys? That was my first time. Kind of feaked out now.

Last edited:

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
It's okay, happened to me all the time at first. I was a flooder too, my hands were covered in juice for the first couple weeks.

While I certainly wouldn't swallow more than a few drops of nic juice, I have been known to taste a half-drop of my DIY flavors to compare (I'm trying to make the perfect strawberry).

CraigHB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2010
Reno, Nevada
The toxicity of nicotine is around 100mg for an average adult male non-smoker. For a smoker, it can be double that so you pretty much have to injest your whole bottle of juice to get poisoned by it. There's no way to "never get juice in your mouth", it will happen at some point. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I just wipe it off my tonge with a knapkin or paper towel and I'm good. In any case, it's always a good idea to keep your juice safely secured from pets and children.

Last edited:

ls1chris

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
kentucky
I should first warn you i am a messy dripper/cart filler.I always get it on my hands,desk what ever.And never been ill minus a bad taste when it got in my mouth

I will be dripping and not paying attention and put few to many drops in and go to hit it and boom instant 3+ drops in my mouth lol.Just spit it out and take a drink of whatever i am drinking at the time and i am good to go....However Juice in the EYE that hurst like a son of a ..... lol .I was trouble shooting my atty once and took the drip tip off and while i was looking down inside it i hit the button and it shot a good drop into my eye and it turned Blood red and burned like crazy.Took a good 10 mins to go away with drops of Eyedrops and still had a red eye the rest of the day lol

Last edited:

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
People have used oral nicotine products for a long time (think about it... Nicotine Gum and lozenges, Snus, Chew). That small of an amount isn't going to hurt you.

I blow down inside my mouthpiece once in a while (or remove it and blow it out) to keep any extra liquid out of it). Also, keep your PV connections clean. I find if the atty has leaked on the battery, I'll get liquid in my mouth since it isn't vaporizing optimally. Same if my battery isn't running at full power.

I also carry tissues in case I get a mouthful and just spit it out when I can. If I swallow it, it tends to give me heartburn/acid reflux so I try to grab something to drink if I can't clear my mouth out in a tissue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread