The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-Liquid in my mouth, ew!

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by unfaithful, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. unfaithful

    unfaithful Senior Member ECF Veteran

    May 25, 2011
    United Kingdom
    I just got my package full of new juice, and I was trying out a 50/50 mix cherry e-liquid. So I was vaping away, until I felt quite a large amount of liquid in my mouth, gross! I panicked, ran to the bathroom and started washing my mouth like crazy until my lips went numb from cold water :D. There was this leaflet about health and safety of nicotine in the juice and they made it seem so toxic and deadly. How bad really it is if you get liquid in your mouth? Should you seek medical advise or something? I dont feel bad, but I dont want to get an overdose :D Does it happen a lot to you guys? That was my first time. Kind of feaked out now.
  2. NicLiq

    NicLiq Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    Apr 11, 2011
    Twin Cities, MN
    It's okay, happened to me all the time at first. I was a flooder too, my hands were covered in juice for the first couple weeks.

    While I certainly wouldn't swallow more than a few drops of nic juice, I have been known to taste a half-drop of my DIY flavors to compare (I'm trying to make the perfect strawberry).
  3. CraigHB

    CraigHB Ultra Member ECF Veteran

    Jul 31, 2010
    Reno, Nevada
    The toxicity of nicotine is around 100mg for an average adult male non-smoker. For a smoker, it can be double that so you pretty much have to injest your whole bottle of juice to get poisoned by it. There's no way to "never get juice in your mouth", it will happen at some point. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, I just wipe it off my tonge with a knapkin or paper towel and I'm good. In any case, it's always a good idea to keep your juice safely secured from pets and children.
  4. Debian Dog

    Debian Dog Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    May 10, 2011
    I have swallowed a good bit of it before I figured things out. You will not die but you will have a tummy ache.
  5. wv2win

    wv2win ECF Guru ECF Veteran

    Feb 10, 2009
    GA by way of WV
    Small battery and auto battery PV's can easily allow juice in the mouth because they aren't capable of consistenty vaporizing the liquid, especially if you get a little too much in your cart or carto. I haven't had that problem in a couple of years.
  6. ls1chris

    ls1chris Super Member ECF Veteran

    Mar 22, 2011
    I should first warn you i am a messy dripper/cart filler.I always get it on my hands,desk what ever.And never been ill minus a bad taste when it got in my mouth

    I will be dripping and not paying attention and put few to many drops in and go to hit it and boom instant 3+ drops in my mouth lol.Just spit it out and take a drink of whatever i am drinking at the time and i am good to go....However Juice in the EYE that hurst like a son of a ..... lol .I was trouble shooting my atty once and took the drip tip off and while i was looking down inside it i hit the button and it shot a good drop into my eye and it turned Blood red and burned like crazy.Took a good 10 mins to go away with drops of Eyedrops and still had a red eye the rest of the day lol
  7. Debian Dog

    Debian Dog Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    May 10, 2011

    LOL I did the same thing the other day blowing out an addy. Sad thing was I had my glasses on and it still managed just the right angle to hit my eyeball. NOT FUN!
  8. LeAnn

    LeAnn Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

    I usually fill my carts in the morning while I am drinking coffee and I have found if I get juice in my mouth after filling a drink of coffee take the bad taste away righ away. I have had plenty of juice in my mouth and it has hurt me in almost a year of vaping!
  9. ls1chris

    ls1chris Super Member ECF Veteran

    Mar 22, 2011
    Debian yes it does hurt lol i thought i was the only one that had done that

    I think a person would have to get a pretty good amount of Juice in their system before seeing any Real bad effects or unless the person was Highly Sensitive to nic but if that was the case why are they vaping lol.
  10. LibertyValance

    LibertyValance Senior Member ECF Veteran

    Apr 28, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    I vape Halo Malibu 6 mg and oddly enough (perhaps because the nic is so low) it tastes just as sweet as it vapes. My 510 atomizers seem to work nicest flooded although they will retaliate with an occasional droplet of liquid. It tastes like candy so I have to remember not to swallow it. :p
  11. ClayK

    ClayK Super Member ECF Veteran

    Apr 3, 2011
    A little bit won't kill you. Just be mindful of any nicotine poisoning side effects. Now, don't go drinking the bottle, but the occasional exposure is ok.
  12. Caddyman

    Caddyman Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

    Jun 22, 2010
    Delaware USA
    yeah a drop is not a huge deal, happens to me sometimes. i usually get the hiccups for a few minutes afterward...which i think is a sign of too much nic.

    i know what it is though, and dont freak out, and im still other bad effect either, just
  13. Hellen A. Handbasket

    Hellen A. Handbasket Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

    People have used oral nicotine products for a long time (think about it... Nicotine Gum and lozenges, Snus, Chew). That small of an amount isn't going to hurt you.

    I blow down inside my mouthpiece once in a while (or remove it and blow it out) to keep any extra liquid out of it). Also, keep your PV connections clean. I find if the atty has leaked on the battery, I'll get liquid in my mouth since it isn't vaporizing optimally. Same if my battery isn't running at full power.

    I also carry tissues in case I get a mouthful and just spit it out when I can. If I swallow it, it tends to give me heartburn/acid reflux so I try to grab something to drink if I can't clear my mouth out in a tissue.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice