"e-liquid" - needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I do not want nicotine in my vape, i'm addicted to the act of smoking, not the nicotine.

So, can i just use pure Vegetable Glycerin and Flavoring or will it be too thick?

thanks!

You can add just a bit of alcohol or distilled water if it is. I use pure VG with nic and flavour quite often without issue.

uBerNoob

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
i want to do the same as PaulZ. just use VG and nothing else. can anyone recommend a specific brand and a place to find this? i've called many places and their response was mostly "is this a joke?". no one had a clue what i was talking about.

also, if i can't find VG. can i just use Glycerine by itself? if so can you recommend a specific brand and place to buy aswell? thanks for any help :)

isande

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2009
I use Humco brand USP glycerine. It's sold in the wound care area near the rubbing alcohol, peroxide, band-aids, etc. Some people prefer Wilton's brand, which is sold for use in cake frosting I think. I found the Wilton's left a waxy coating in my mouth but the Humco doesn't.

Humco is sold at Wal-Mart in some areas. You can use the "Find in store" link on this page to see if it's available in your town:
Walmart.com: Humco: Skin Protectant Glycerin Usp, 6 oz: Medicine Cabinet

I believe CVS and Rite-Aid also sell Humco glycerine.

Wilton's is sold at baking supply stores and at Hobby Lobby in the cake decorating aisle.

You can also get VG at Amazon.com, but I don't recall the brand name.

--K

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
VG + Dist Water (or Vodka) + Vanilla + just a bit of Coconut = the perfect vanilla vape :D

You really cannot taste the coconut hardly at all and it somehow amplifies that awesome vanilla flavor I had been looking for!!

It is all about personal taste, but this is a small batch for my taste (I like a lot of flavor)

20 drops VG
5 drops Vodka (optional)
8 drops Vanilla
2 drops Coconut

Works for me - might see if it works for you too :p

Take care,
- Hap

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
I went and picked up some VG yesterday, $8.79 for 16 ounces of NOW "Vegetable Glycerine" 100% pure, i also bought McCormick Pure Vanilla Extract (2 fl ounces) for $7.50

I mixed about 80% VG with 20% vanilla extract, I have a Blu ecig so i took an old cartridge, took out the little plastic thingy, the fiberfill and rinsed it all out. I rinses off/cleaned my vaporiser too.

I used tweezers to dip the fiberfill in the solution, and pushed it back into the little clear plastic holder, the excess was conveniently squeezed out in the process of putting the fiberfill back into the holder.

Popped that back into the black cartridge (i have a black one) and took a hit.

It produces a ton of vapour.
It may just be the VG i got, but the vapour output is absolutely nuts. it's two or three times how much vape i got from the first few puffs from a Blu pack (which is a decent amount) from a 4 second drag. (i'll try to get a video of it or something)

it tastes kinda like vanilla, but not really. It smells exactly like roasted marshmallows, so it is enjoyable :D not the vanilla i was hoping though. The alchohol in the Vanilla Extract makes it feel really dry though, but it's a nice "Once in a while" smoke, I'll have to find some LorAnn or Capella flavor drops soon, :p

would "vanilla flavoring" work instead of extract?

RoyBoy

Aug 29, 2009
C-BURG PA.
Hi, I'm new to vapeing and I want to make my own juice. I've been experimenting with different recipes trying to find one that doesn't have to much throat hit. Because that's my only problem with vapeing, all of the jucies I'v tried have to much throat hit for me. I've smoked 2 packs of cigarettes a day for over 40 years, so I would think that my throat wouldn't be that sensitive. I've tried PG and VG and cut the nicotine and used distilled water to dilute it a little more. I know that most people want a big throat hit, but I want less of a throat hit. If anyone has any suggestion, I would appreciate it.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread