The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

e-liquid recipe calculator

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by todm, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. todm

todm New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Honolulu, HI
    I created my first DIY e-liquid today. So far, I've tried LorAnn flavors Pomegranate and Tropical Punch. My favorite was Tropical Punch at 20%.

To aid in the creation of recipes, I created a webpage that calculates the recipe for you... based on target nicotine level, amount you want to create, and what percentage you want the flavoring to be.

I've been lurking for a while, but this is my first post. As such, I'm not allowed to include a link. Anyhow, the address is www DOT todmuller DOT com SLASH ejuice SLASH

screenshot:
    recipe calculator.jpg

2. todm

todm New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Honolulu, HI
    Please let me know if you have any suggestions for improvements. My script is kinda rough... I didn't bother with much error checking. Use at your own risk.

3. Elle

Elle Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    great idea- thank you! :)

4. Misty

Misty Forum Admin
    Supplier/Commercial Manager
    Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 16, 2008
    Canada
    Look great, Tod and calculates dead on:)..thanks!

5. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    Hey thanks for sharing this. It's very nice!

6. Kate

Kate Moved On

Jun 26, 2008
    UK
    Thanks very much Tod, that's really handy.

eJuice Recipe Calculator

7. Madness

Madness Senior Member ECF Veteran

Mar 15, 2009
    Valencia California
    Thank you!

Will be needing that Soon!

8. debokey

debokey Full Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Where do you get the PG nicotine? Do you use just regular extract flavorings, or what do you recommend?

9. yvilla

yvilla Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 18, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    The "PG or VG with nicotine" referred to in the calculator is the purchased commercial eliquid that you are starting off with, when you want to cut it to lower the nicotine strength and get more for your money.

For example, many people buy 36mg nic liquid, with or without flavor, and cut it in half to get twice the amount (but of 18 mg liquid) for only a little bit more than the original price of the one bottle. The dramatic cost savings is because buying plain PG or VG is really cheap, and even flavors or menthol crystals that you might want to add are not very expensive either.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.