E liquid turning red in new dripper???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Odd, I've never had a dripper that allowed you to see the juice on the wick like a Genny or other tank fed rebuildable atomizer. When I pop the top to look at mine, a clean wick looks like a tan gel and a dirty wick looks like a dirty wick.

It seems doubly odd that all the different flavored juice turn the same color. Most juices turn some color when heated, but only a few I've seen turn red. Orange and brown are more common. I have seen a blue one that turns green as it ages in a Genny tank too.

If all your different flavors are turning your wick red as your atomizer sit for a bit, I would suspect the new unit was not completely cleaned right after you got it. Even the best machine shops making the best atomizers leave something behind, so disassembling and completely cleaning a new rebuildable as soon as you can, and before using it, is a very important step. See if cleaning it out real well and putting in a new wick and coil doesn't fix your red issue...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Just wondering is this normal or should i be worried?
i just bought a helios clone and if i let the e liquid sit in the dripper for anymore than 5 min's it starts turning red

Juice turning red in five minutes is not good! As Hoosier said, give the whole thing a good wash and see if that solves the problem. It's important to use something on it that cuts oil like dish soap or alcohol.

I would not vape anything that turned juice any color after sitting in it for five minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread