The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

e-liquid

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by blackboi, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. blackboi

blackboi Full Member

Aug 15, 2013
    chicago
    Does anyone know a good place that sells already steeped juices

2. Omnipanzer

Omnipanzer Super Member ECF Veteran

Oct 24, 2011
    Ohio
    Mount Baker Vapor
    You can steep them further but they are perfectly fine upon arrival.

3. cramptholomew

cramptholomew Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2013
    Maryland
    While this have been true for some of the liquid I bought from them, a good portion of it needs to sit for a while. I.E. graham cracker, vanilla cupcake, caramel candy, blue moo, Faux Hawk Sauce, and a few others. Some of it definitely had a perfumy, or medicinal taste when I've first received it. Setting it aside for a week or two helped that go away dramatically.

4. Rodeorat

Rodeorat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    Couldn't disagree with this more. 90% of MBV liquids need to sit at least 2 weeks to a month, some just to be vapable. There are countless posts on ECF about steep time for MBV juices.

Haven't seen "a lot" of vendor juices that at least dont change or improve by sitting for a while, but some of the lab juices have already been steeping by the time they get to you. Evo is a fine liquid that requires little to no steeping. Moon Mountain Vapor juices, while probably mellow over time, are delicious out of the mail. I simply couldn't put it down long enough to steep it for a month. Killed 90mls from my 1st order in the first month.
    Ahlusion e-liquid is "good" from the mail, but still benefit from time, especially the tobacco line.

5. Lombaowski

Lombaowski Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 22, 2013
    DC via the 313
  6. szot

szot Ultra Member ECF Veteran

7. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Any of the Dekang, Hangsen or Liqua flavors are fine right out of the mailbox.

Johnson Creek, though pricey, has liquids that are consistent from bottle to bottle, beginning to end.

The liquids you get from some boutique sites like Alien Visions and Backwoods Brew need to sit a while. This is especially true with their most popular flavors because they are making it as fast as they can to keep up with demand. They don't have time to age a liquid.

8. Kenavides

Kenavides Full Member

Aug 15, 2013
    Kadena, Okinawa, Japan
    I dont like waiting either...
    Sadly, the only "real" way for one to find out is trial and error. It's all subjective in the juice realm. For example, I got a new flavor and liked it right out of the mailbox; wifey hated it and said it tasted like plastic. We'll get there, all of us. Good luck!

9. vyvexthorne

vyvexthorne Full Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Springfield, IL
    Very good place.. A lot of their liquids are hit and miss with me but I guess it's that way a lot. You never really know if your going to like a flavor or not. But everything has reviews and you can kind of go with that. Their shipping is extremely fast for me.. Usually takes only 3 days with regular shipping. (unless it somehow goes cross country and ends up in new york.. then it takes 8 days.)

10. pocket

pocket Full Member Verified Member

Aug 24, 2013
    California, USA
    Mahayana melon from Nirvana vapor. No need to steep.

11. Kristin0624

Kristin0624 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Steam juice needs little to no steeping in my experience, as well as Moon Mountain Vapor

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Tapatalk 2

12. kittybite

kittybite Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Portland, OR
    Halo juices are decent and don't need to be steeped, though a little on the spendy side. They have sampler packs, too!

13. JonnyB88

JonnyB88 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 24, 2013
    Elgin, IL, USA
    Moon Mountain Vapor. All the flavors I have tried are great out of the mailbox. And the ones I did steep (not on purpose, just didn't vape them for a while) didn't change at all after a few weeks. For me, MMV requires zero steeping.

14. Rodeorat

Rodeorat Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 14, 2013
    Guthrie, OK
    Completely agree. In fact I emailed them about steeping and they said "not required".

15. AngiBe

AngiBe Vapeaholic Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Indy, IN
    Halo! Great sample packs so you can try several before committing to a large bottle. Most flavors I'm able to fill up a tank and start vaping, a few of their coffee flavors need steeping.

16. DasBluCig

DasBluCig Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 30, 2013
    Chichester, NH
    Agree re: Johnson Creek.....especially their Red Oak line.....they're big enough to be able to make an ample supply and (likely) store some...FWIW, there's a "LOT #....." on each bottle....
    Interested to note Backwoods Brew is only in operation 4 days a week (".....our orders are filled for this week....")...I'd guess at least SOME of their juice would benefit from steeping....Can't speak from experience, though.....
    Happy (vaping) Trails!

17. Cozmo42

Cozmo42 Full Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Fort Worth, TX
    Everything I've gotten from Nicoticket has been great right out of the mailbox.

18. Smokke

Smokke Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 9, 2013
    Atlanta, GA, USA
    No matter where you go it really depends on the flavor. Research what flavors need less steeping or are good right away and get them along with a few you dont mind waiting on to steep. Some of the ones that need steeping are well worth the wait in my opinion. Kinda like a good wine. Well worth waiting for!

19. nvsally

nvsally Full Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Pahrump, NV
    What is steeping??? I don't use liquids so that is why I am asking.

20. Coastal Cowboy

Coastal Cowboy This aggression will not stand, man! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    Ok, I'm not gonna ask what you do use, but...

Steeping is kind of a misnomer. It's really aging. Like letting a fine ale or red wine develop the full body of flavor and bouquet that it was designed to deliver. Some liquids take weeks to get right. Some are fine right out of the mailbox.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.