Status
Not open for further replies.

cramptholomew

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Maryland
mount baker Vapor
You can steep them further but they are perfectly fine upon arrival.

While this have been true for some of the liquid I bought from them, a good portion of it needs to sit for a while. I.E. graham cracker, vanilla cupcake, caramel candy, blue moo, Faux Hawk Sauce, and a few others. Some of it definitely had a perfumy, or medicinal taste when I've first received it. Setting it aside for a week or two helped that go away dramatically.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
mount baker Vapor

Couldn't disagree with this more. 90% of MBV liquids need to sit at least 2 weeks to a month, some just to be vapable. There are countless posts on ECF about steep time for MBV juices.

Haven't seen "a lot" of vendor juices that at least dont change or improve by sitting for a while, but some of the lab juices have already been steeping by the time they get to you. Evo is a fine liquid that requires little to no steeping. Moon Mountain Vapor juices, while probably mellow over time, are delicious out of the mail. I simply couldn't put it down long enough to steep it for a month. Killed 90mls from my 1st order in the first month.
Ahlusion e-liquid is "good" from the mail, but still benefit from time, especially the tobacco line.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Any of the Dekang, Hangsen or Liqua flavors are fine right out of the mailbox.

Johnson Creek, though pricey, has liquids that are consistent from bottle to bottle, beginning to end.

The liquids you get from some boutique sites like Alien Visions and Backwoods Brew need to sit a while. This is especially true with their most popular flavors because they are making it as fast as they can to keep up with demand. They don't have time to age a liquid.

vyvexthorne

Aug 26, 2013
Springfield, IL
Mount Baker Vapor
Very good place.. A lot of their liquids are hit and miss with me but I guess it's that way a lot. You never really know if your going to like a flavor or not. But everything has reviews and you can kind of go with that. Their shipping is extremely fast for me.. Usually takes only 3 days with regular shipping. (unless it somehow goes cross country and ends up in new york.. then it takes 8 days.)

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Moon Mountain Vapor. All the flavors I have tried are great out of the mailbox. And the ones I did steep (not on purpose, just didn't vape them for a while) didn't change at all after a few weeks. For me, MMV requires zero steeping.

Completely agree. In fact I emailed them about steeping and they said "not required".

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
Any of the Dekang, Hangsen or Liqua flavors are fine right out of the mailbox.

Johnson Creek, though pricey, has liquids that are consistent from bottle to bottle, beginning to end.

The liquids you get from some boutique sites like Alien Visions and Backwoods Brew need to sit a while. This is especially true with their most popular flavors because they are making it as fast as they can to keep up with demand. They don't have time to age a liquid.
Agree re: Johnson Creek.....especially their Red Oak line.....they're big enough to be able to make an ample supply and (likely) store some...FWIW, there's a "LOT #....." on each bottle....
Interested to note Backwoods Brew is only in operation 4 days a week (".....our orders are filled for this week....")...I'd guess at least SOME of their juice would benefit from steeping....Can't speak from experience, though.....
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Smokke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2013
Atlanta, GA, USA
No matter where you go it really depends on the flavor. Research what flavors need less steeping or are good right away and get them along with a few you dont mind waiting on to steep. Some of the ones that need steeping are well worth the wait in my opinion. Kinda like a good wine. Well worth waiting for!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
What is steeping??? I don't use liquids so that is why I am asking.

Ok, I'm not gonna ask what you do use, but...

Steeping is kind of a misnomer. It's really aging. Like letting a fine ale or red wine develop the full body of flavor and bouquet that it was designed to deliver. Some liquids take weeks to get right. Some are fine right out of the mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread