E-Liquids and Sub-Ohm

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
Good Starter Setups for a Beginner Vaper
  • Typical starter setups recommended for a new vaper.
Advancing Up the Vaping Ladder
  • From cigalike batteries, to eGo's, to mods. Another picture dictionary of terminology and form factors for beginning vapers. Includes videos.
Proper Terminology: Is it a carto, a tank, or what? A Guide to Juice Delivery Devices
  • A picture dictionary for beginners with descriptions of clearomizers, nano's, drip atomizers, bottom feeding mods, cartomizers, cartotanks, and RBA's (rebuildable atomizers). Includes video demos/reviews of all devices.

Thanks, Baditude. Yup--That link to terminology is VERY useful.

Reactions: Baditude

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
They do seem to have this cornered. Kind of odd.
It's amazing how big they are now, like they produce almost all vape gear now. It's just a shame that we cannot produce any competitive vape gear in the usa, but I guess it's like anything else

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Reactions: MarkRNY

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
Congratulations on giving up the cigarettes and good luck picking out vape equipment. If you buy from fasttech it will take 2 - 3 weeks to arrive.

Thanks, Beamslider.

Yeah--I noticed the shipping time (12 working days). For future reference, is there a more local distributer that doesn't price gouge like hell?? If not, I'm going to stock up on everything and buy bulk.

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
It's amazing how big they are now, like they produce almost all vape gear now. It's just a shame that we cannot produce any competitive vape gear in the usa, but I guess it's like anything else

There's probably a regulation somewhere preventing American companies from being competitive. Would be far from the 1st time. Maybe things will change now.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks, Beamslider.

Yeah--I noticed the shipping time (12 working days). For future reference, is there a more local distributer that doesn't price gouge like hell?? If not, I'm going to stock up on everything and buy bulk.

The shipping times from China are almost impossible to predict. 12 days means maybe 10, maybe 20.

I use the express e-packet (no batteries allowed) and the record is 6 days, average 8-10.
The 'free' shipping has never done better than 14 days and my worst was 36. Thirty-six days.... yup... :eek:

I buy UK when I can... not very often, sadly.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
There's probably a regulation somewhere preventing American companies from being competitive. Would be far from the 1st time. Maybe things will change now.
I just thought perhaps we couldn't be competitive because we can't get employees to work as cheap, but I'm not that well versed on that sort of thing, so i really don't know. Is there one single company here in the US that makes their own vape devices? I know provape did, but that was hi end stuff.

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
Thanks, Beamslider.

You can probably find most or all of the things you are looking for at US sites. In general though they will be more expensive as they are getting them from China and marking them up.

Also like any other market. New items come out fast and people buy the new stuff. Older stuff gets marked down. You can get some good deals on some US sites when they are clearing out stock. Just depends if they have what you want on fire sale. Many times clearance items are cheaper than fasttech or some other Chinese site. This is generally mods, batteries or atomizers. Not usually coils though.

For instance I went with an older model Kangertech Subtank Mini and picked up two of them from Mt Baker for $13.99 each plus shipping. Around $30 for the two and delivered in three days. Plus Mt Baker threw in a free 30ml ejuice sample.
Kanger Mini SUBTANK Clearomizer

Fasttech still sells them but they are $22 each with free shipping. So still $44 total plus wait for 3 weeks.
$22.17 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Clearomizer - 4.5ml / 0.5ohm (15-30W) at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

So as always shop around before committing to purchasing. The other thing to take into consideration when ordering from Fasttech is to order items listed as in stock or ships next day if you want them shipped right away. Items that state ship in X days may or may not ship by that time so be prepared to wait if you want to order an item not in stock. Don't mix items in stock with items for future ship date on the same order as Fasttech will hold the in stock items until they have all items ready to ship on the same invoice.

Last edited:

MarkRNY

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2016
Rockland County, NY
It's kind of amazing to me that the US hasn't broken into this market. I've dealt with the Chinese through business, as a competitor actually, most of my working life. There is literally nothing that the US can't and doesn't make better, and it's hard to believe that some US entrepreneurs don't see the value of this market. The only reasons I can think of are labor costs and fear of bogus regulations that might be imposed here at any minute that could destroy the vaping market. Labor costs can be dealt with and overcome, as we've overcome them with many other US made products, for decades. Regulations are a different matter, and some long knives are pointed toward vaping on both the Left (loss of tax revenue/tobacco co. kickbacks) and the pseudo-Right (loss of profit/tobacco co. kickbacks). That Chris Christie (R), whose mother died of lung cancer from smoking, and Barbara Boxer (D) both led the initial charge against vaping speaks volumes. My opinion, anyway. End of rant!

Thanks for the advice and the links, Beamslider.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
It's kind of amazing to me that the US hasn't broken into this market. I've dealt with the Chinese through business, as a competitor actually, most of my working life. There is literally nothing that the US can't and doesn't make better, and it's hard to believe that some US entrepreneurs don't see the value of this market. The only reasons I can think of are labor costs and fear of bogus regulations that might be imposed here at any minute that could destroy the vaping market. Labor costs can be dealt with and overcome, as we've overcome them with many other US made products, for decades. Regulations are a different matter, and some long knives are pointed toward vaping on both the Left (loss of tax revenue/tobacco co. kickbacks) and the pseudo-Right (loss of profit/tobacco co. kickbacks). That Chris Christie (R), whose mother died of lung cancer from smoking, and Barbara Boxer (D) both led the initial charge against vaping speaks volumes. My opinion, anyway. End of rant!

Thanks for the advice and the links, Beamslider.
Yep its these regulation for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread