E-Liquids tasting like Chlorine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
I started vaping 3 days ago with Blu. Now all their flavors make me so nauseous, I can't even handle smelling the carts. After vaping for a few minutes, I feel like my mouth and throat are coated in Chlorine, like I swam in a pool too long and swallowed some water. My eyes and nose are irritated as well. I just can't vape at all with the Blu anymore. I've tried using brand new carts, fully charged batteries, but it all has that same horrendous chemical aftertaste.

Has anyone noticed anything like this from certain e-liquid brands? It seems to be every flavor from Blu, which are all Johnsons Creek. Could it be from the Blu cartomizers? The batteries? Maybe the PG?

I have several priority deliveries from various vendors, with different levels of nicotine strength and PG/VG compounds. If the USPS tracker is correct, my Volt kit should arrive tomorrow with some Mint flavored PG-only carts and a bunch of empty ones. Basically I have a lot of other juices to try with a new system over the next week.

Until then, I'm back on analogs. :cry:

I'm really hoping this problem is just a specific e-liquid brand, the Blu system, or a reaction to the PG chemical (I am allergic to latex and adhesives, MSG in high doses gives me migraines, and I SWEAR I can detect even trace amounts of MSG in food). I've put a lot of money into switching to vapes, and I was really excited to have a safer, tastier alternative. I'd be so disappointed if this was just a personal reaction to vaping in general.

Last edited:

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
I may have found the culprit.

Blu E-Cig Review: Bad Taste

I boxed the starter kit back up and got all the paperwork filled out to return it. I was planning on doing this when I got the Volt, anyway, but I'm not using it again no matter how long I have to wait. It is seriously bad.

*edit to add*

I kinda noticed the bad aftertaste from the start, but I've gotten a lot more sensitive to it. Probably because a few days without analogs helped boost my senses, coupled with nausea that might be from nic-withdrawal.

Last edited:

JD4x4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2012
Maryland
I started with a BLU kit. I'm of the opinion that you're tasting burning carto filler. I think they must not fill them very much or something, and they dry out super fast. I washed one out and refilled it with another juice and it was ok. But burning filler is exactly why I went to clearomizers and never looked back. Use them on my eGo's too.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
For the life of me, I can't understand why cartos are so popular - just get an atty and drip, the flavor and vapor production are miles above what you get with cartos, and dripping is no more inconvenient than when we smoked and had to find a lighter and cigarette...The other benefit is that you can freely experiment with flavors without committing a carto to any one flavor in particular...

ambientech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
somewhere
For the life of me, I can't understand why cartos are so popular - just get an atty and drip, the flavor and vapor production are miles above what you get with cartos, and dripping is no more inconvenient than when we smoked and had to find a lighter and cigarette...The other benefit is that you can freely experiment with flavors without committing a carto to any one flavor in particular...

+1
Just having to ash an analog alone was more inconvenient than dripping is

keifer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2011
North Carolina

that would be because a lot of us don't wanna be bothered with inefficiency. for me, the only use for attys and dripping is testing juices for taste. no way in hell i'm gonna drip 3 drops here-3 drops there all day long.

Catfishy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2011
Kingwood, Texas
catfishy.tk

Good Morning jplant,
I am assuming that you are meaning pre-filled cartos?
Don't get me wrong I love the flavor of dripping! However my lifestyle won't allow for the time to drip 100% of the time. I use a carto that I punch and place a tank on it. It is by far the 2nd best thing to dripping.

nomorewords21

Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Harrisburg
Blu uses 100% VG for the juice in their so, it couldn't have been PG. I had a Safe Cig Micro starting out and when I ran out of their cartomizers I used Blu's and ughhh.. it made me so sick. I only tried Vivid Vanilla and Magnificent Menthol and they were terrible. Check out ways to fill cartos on youtube and if you're trying to save some money check out Mt. Baker Vapor for e-juices.. $4.99 for 15ml and $6.99 for 30ml. You can customize the juice for PG/VG and nic level. Good luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread