Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Why do people keep replying like I disagree with that statement?
Yes. WayS. Imho this particular attempt though appears crude and disengenuious. We shall see what we shall see though. That particular game is just beginning.

And China is Sweetness and Light ..

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Bottom line from the whole thread is we will be paying more for shipping, correct?
Will likely be for China shipping anyway. This price increase may to one degree or another be reflected in US vape store pricing as well depending on several factors. Mighmaybeperhaps anyway. The fat lady isn’t even on stage yet for this one.

• Agree
Reactions: United States

tiburonfirst

They call me 'Tibs"
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
I'd be happy to look at any link that shows Countries that I can ship to at a deeply discounted rate thru USPS ..
i don't have a link but personal experience verified by my mother who was flabbergasted that i could send mail/small packages for less money from the states than she'd have to pay for mail domestically (germany). anytime you send mail to foreign countries those countries will provide the 'last mile' for a hand-off fee.
btw every country qualifies but some got a break with lower hand-off fees because they were deemed to be 'developing countries'
the treaty has 193 members!
Countries in the World:
There are 195 countries in the world today. This total comprises 193 countries that are member states of the United Nations and 2 countries that are non-member observer states: the Holy See and the State of Palestine.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Guys, all this arguing may be for naught anyway, withdrawing from the treaty is NOT the actual goal. Trump is just threatening to withdraw from the treaty as leverage to try and get a better deal with countries like China. If we can get a better deal, then we will not be withdrawing.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Just got a e-packet from FT and I just noticed on the label
That reads, For commercial items only if known,HS
Tariffnumber and country of origins of goods.

Also I had to sign for it.
I too, received a package from ft today. It still says the same ole 'gavelock' description and did not have to sign for it. My package says(on tracking) that it left China on Oct 1. We all know that isn't true as they were on holiday. 12 days later it hit SF and took it 5 days to go across country and the 6th day I just got it.

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I too, received a package from ft today. It still says the same ole 'gavelock' description and did not have to sign for it. My package says(on tracking) that it left China on Oct 1. We all know that isn't true as they were on holiday. 12 days later it hit SF and took it 5 days to go across country and the 6th day I just got it.

Was the holiday just Oct 1? I placed an order with GearBest on Oct 1, it shipped Oct 2, and I got it Oct 12th.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Was the holiday just Oct 1? I placed an order with GearBest on Oct 1, it shipped Oct 2, and I got it Oct 12th.
Ft was on holiday and they said it was a Chinese holiday, so nothing went out from them from Oct 1-6. They resumed operations on Oct 7. I didn't check the official China type website but took their word for it. So that leaves me wondering why my package took 12 days to fly to US?

lol
:)

Reactions: ScottP

Kickingthesticks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • May 6, 2016
    It costs, at the minimum, $2.66 USD to send a small package of 4 OZ anywhere in the USA, and that's using a discount service .. In January, USPS plans on initiating Zone Pricing, so distance from Seller will begin to play in .. as well, Priority Rates will go up ..

Now, let's use a Cell Phone Skin as an example of China / Hong Kong shipping .. a low of .77 cents with free shipping to anywhere in the USA ..

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_BIN=1&_nkw=cell+phone+skin&_sop=15

USPS going broke, much of it due to this antiquated shipping treaty, which China has taken advantage of ..

Kudos to this New Direction .. this can only help USA businesses and as a bonus, throw some money at USPS ..

Downside .. depending on how you look at it .. ?? With the continued escalation of shipping costs combined with On Line Sales Tax Collection, B&M's will suddenly become more attractive ..

Personally, I've never bought anything from Fastech / eBay China or their ilk .. I'd rather pay more and support an American Based Business ..
    Im all for American made, but aren't the stores buying stuff from China as well? The way I see it is it China's going to get my cash no matter what then why not just buy directly from them instead of a store where im being over charged. Now when it comes to juce and other stuff made in the USA and I have no problem shelling out a few more $, as long as the staff are friendly and welcoming.

Philabos

ECF Veteran
    Aug 9, 2017
    Im all for American made, but aren't the stores buying stuff from China as well? The way I see it is it China's going to get my cash no matter what then why not just buy directly from them instead of a store where im being over charged. Now when it comes to juce and other stuff made in the USA and I have no problem shelling out a few more $, as long as the staff are friendly and welcoming.

Quite right. China is going to get your cash.
    The point is, the USPS is not, and they should.
    The world's second largest economy is about as far from a developing nation as possible.

Unforeseen

Admin<br> Commercial/Suppliers Asst. Manager </br>
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2011
    Where you least expect it....
    I have been notified of an issue involving this thread and would like to address all that are participating in the discussion. From what I can see currently in the thread, the topic revolves around the recent trade wars and its effects on increasing the costs of shipping. Keeping politics out of this thread will be near impossible because of it, as you cannot discuss one without talking about the other.

So, I will be moving this thread to the Lounge so that you all can continue discussing the topic and its effects on the vaping community. Hopefully all can understand but know that it may not be popular with all members. For that, I will apologize in advance. Hope you all enjoy the rest of your evening.

Any concerns regarding this decision, please do not hesitate to contact me. Would be happy to help you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread