E-puffer EAZE Magnum review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belowme

ECF Veteran
Dec 22, 2008
Portland, OR
Thanks for the GREAT review of the Magnum (loong totem) I have one also and I have ripped one apart and noticed the same exact thing about the burnt paper stuff..

I have been refillling my cartridge for about 3 days now with success and no loss of vapor production.

So as Dustin says, you have to keep the insides contently moist or else you will burnt the cart.

What I usually do is fill a syringe up, and then fill the paper around the hole (tube) but be careful not to put too much e-liquid inside.

Dripping, in my opinion is not a good idea because the chances of it going inside the tube is very likely, and that would be bad.

You can buy syringes at any pharmacy, just when you ask for it say it is for insulin and ask for 1/2 cc syringes. they shouldn't cost more than 3-4 bucks for a ten pack of syringes.

Also, epuffer.com now has the magnum batteries on sale for 39 bucks a piece, they were 29 bucks a few days ago but I guess they upped it.

And I think the Deluxe package from epuffer.com is better than the package from Smoke51.com because you get a lot more, such as ten extra cartridges and a usb charger along with the main charger and also a e-cig holder.

Thank you Dustin for sacrificing those carts for all of us to see!

~Harry

dc2k08

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2008
.ie
www.e-cignews.com
it's weird that there is such a difference of opinion about their longevity. some people will say they last a lot longer. I don't know whether this is because of different batches of cartridges or because of different dragging techniques or just because we estimate their longevity differently but I'm closer to your estimation on them. I would need at least 3-5 carts to get me through a day it I used these alone and that's without factoring in the duds that you come across.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
Hi All,
I received the ePuffer EAZE MAGNUM Electronic Cigarette Starter Kit with Bonus yesterday, and so far works fine, but have to use that double drag method.

I am new to this, can I refill these cartridges, what's the best juice to buy, would like it strong, and how do I refill them? Please explain in detail, can send me private message.

And what parts are interchangeable to the epuffer EAZE MAGNUM, n joy etc? Please list parts.

smokie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2009
Brooklyn, New York
www.youtube.com
  • Deleted by RatInDaHat
  • Reason: doublepost

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
First of all, I'm not entirely happy with how ePuffer has handled my order, but I posted about that in the "Products and suppliers consumers should be warned about" thread, so I won't rehash that here.

I received my EAZE Magnum about a week ago and it is my first e-cig, so this review will be from that perspective. I chose it after a weekend of very extensive research, based on it's reported vapor output and the fact that I liked the automizer in the cartridge concept based on all the automizer problems I read about. Also, I wanted an e-cig that looked like a real cigarette.

I chose the EAZE Magnum over the other similar versions (Loongtotem / Smoke51) based on Leaford's recommendation of them having the best batteries.

My first very first impression was that it was heavier than I expected it to be... it can't really be held comfortably like a regular cigarette would be (which I guess explains why Leaford and RatInDaHat hold them they way they do in their videos, which I thought was strange). The shorter battery makes this a little easier than the longer battery, but still heavy. Also, a bit wider than I had expected.

So far, I have had no problems with them operationally. You have to take a primer puff to heat them up, then they do produce what I consider to be alot of vapor.

My main problem with them so far, having used an 8mg vanilla cart and a 16mg tobacco cart, is they don't have much flavor and even the 16mg doesn't seem that strong. Using Belowme's directions on Loongtotem cartridge refilling (elsewhere on this forum), I refilled one of the carts with Puresmoker 24mg Cash Cola juice (actually, I don't think I understood the directions quite well, because I seem to have overfilled it and considerably stained the battery end of the cart, but I blew it out in reverse as directed). With this juice, I love it... great taste and the strength statisfies my urge to smoke.

One thing I ABSOLUTELY cannot understand about the LoongTotem/Smoke51/EAZE Magnum which I haven't seen anyone mention is that it is supposed to look like a real cigarette but depending on the flavor of cartridge, you get a different color cartridge. A menthol cartridge is green... I have never seen a real cigarette with a green filter! I mean, obviously this is a way to tell them apart, but if they want it to look like a real cigarette there has to be a better way. This has limited me to buying vanilla (white) and tobacco (gold) cartridges. I guess you can choose your cart color from e-cig.com, but I hear lots of bad things about ordering from them.

So, my main problem with the EAZE Magnum now is that I don't want to have to use the stock carts up before I can refill them. Probably alot of knowledgeable users here will say I told you so... so I think this is an important point for newbies to think about.

I just ordered a black Pilot from Puresmoker, and if it works like I hope it will, I might return the EAZE Magnum and possibly get a white M401 from absolutelyecigs for use when I want the "real thing" look.

rsngfrce

ECF Veteran
Hey guys, I noticed that if you are refilling an almost empty cartridge with a syringe it takes about 50-60 units. Just remember to evenly squeeze the juice in to the cartridge in different spots and watch out for the tube, do not poke into it by accident.

~Belowme

This may be a stupid question, but what do you consider a unit? I have a 1cc syringe and I interpret 50-60 units to be 50-60 ml (the syringe only goes up to 40 ml) and about 30 ml seemed to be way too much for my cart (though it probably wasn't completely dry when I filled it, I didn't want to chance it).

udave

ECF Veteran
Hey rsngfrce, you seem to be as disappointed with your Magnum as I am with mine.

This may be a stupid question, but what do you consider a unit? I have a 1cc syringe and I interpret 50-60 units to be 50-60 ml (the syringe only goes up to 40 ml) and about 30 ml seemed to be way too much for my cart (though it probably wasn't completely dry when I filled it, I didn't want to chance it).

1cc = 1ml. The 1cc/ml syringe I use is broken down into 100 units, or hundredths of a ml. I think Belowme was referring to those units, so .5-.6 ml.

So, my main problem with the EAZE Magnum now is that I don't want to have to use the stock carts up before I can refill them. Probably alot of knowledgeable users here will say I told you so... so I think this is an important point for newbies to think about.

I just ordered a black Pilot from Puresmoker, and if it works like I hope it will, I might return the EAZE Magnum and possibly get a white M401 from absolutelyecigs for use when I want the "real thing" look.

I refill mine with CASH liquid as well and after vaping with that stuff I didn't want to go back to those flavorless stock carts either, so this is what I did: I took my remaining new carts, blew threw them from the battery connector end until I had blown almost all the liquid out of them. Then I refilled them with the CASH liquid. Any liquid left in the carts after blowing them out didn't really affect the flavor of the CASH liquid because the stock cart flavor is so weak to begin with.

I also have a Pilot on the way from Puresmoker, and I can't wait to get that thing in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread