e-smokers in the US

Status
Not open for further replies.

travis

Mar 10, 2008
Detroit, MI - USA
So how many of you live in the States? It seems like majority of the members here are from the UK and Europe.

If you live in the US - where do you get your e-cigarette supplies from?

I purchased mine from njoy - and have been reordering my cartridges from them. Doesn't seem like there are many other options for e-cig suppliers here in the states. I don't think the concept has really begun to take a foothold in the US market yet. I'd like to be able to purchase cartridges from my local smoke shop - but I think that is a long way off. The liquid nicotine refills too... I'd like to try "dripping" into the cartridges, but I can't find a US supplier that sells the liquid, and I'm apprehensive about purchasing from a foreign supplier and getting screwed on the currency conversion and shipping fees.

PS - I'm in Detroit MI

dnakr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2008
Virginia, USA
I agree with accordeur, I live in Virginia and have ordered several times, several different items (e-liquid, e-cigs, e-cigarillo and others) from e-cig.com and have never had any problems with customs or delivery.

I have just received just received my NJOY and am enjoying it so far. I have 2 Janty(s) from RuyanXpress and have been very pleased with them and have also ordered from dealextreme.

Rachel

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
I'm in Florida and have also never had any problem.

I have ordered multiple times from e-Cig and love that company. I contribute sometimes to their forum. Check it out. They're a very open, customer-friendly company. That's where I get e-Liquid, blank cartridges, pendants, injectors, etc. I bought my first pipe from them.

I've also ordered twice from DealExtreme and am very pleased with pricing and products. I now have my e-cigar and two mini e-cigs from them. NO SHIPPING COSTS at all. Only problem is I have get cartridges or liquid from China.

For my first Chinese order, I used express delivery, which was $26, as I recall. The next time, I took regular delivery for $9, and got my stuff in less than two weeks. Now I'll just plan ahead and ship by regular mail delivery from China. Just make sure the order is worth the shipping costs. One 8ml bottle of e-Liquid is not worthwhile.

I did note that my last shipment from e-Cig -- a ton of stuff I bought -- was stamped "Commercial Sample" on the outside of the shipment box. Hmmm. Was that to get around Customs? It was most definitely not a commercial sample.

markab

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2008
Toronto, Canada
accordeur said:
I also noticed that my e-cig from dealextreme was labeled "gift" but canadian customs did open it and I had to pay 13$ duty. But my e-cig from e-cig.com I did not have to pay duty. I think that customs randomly check packages. Don't know how it works in the US. Good luck.

Hi Accordeur,
I live in Toronto. I also recently received a package from Dealexrtreme. It was also labled "gift" but I was lucky enough that the package was not opened by customs and I was not charged any duty or sales tax. Your probably right that customs open packages at random and I got lucky.

Mark

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
I had a little look at the site stats to see what the distribution of visitors was and it's about 50% North America 40% Europe and 10% elsewhere.

Hardly any from Australia and New Zealand, which is odd since I thought they were quite into the e-cigarette!

SJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread