The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

E-Smokers nightmare - all devices malfunctioned while on vacation.

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Zahlia, Apr 27, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Zahlia

Zahlia Full Member

Nov 20, 2018
    I was away for vacation between April 21 to April 26 at Walt Disney World. Prior to leaving I took the following:

· Two Juul devices (one being brand new and in the box);

· Vype Epod;

· Stlth.

By Wednesday April 24 all the devices malfunctioned at the exact same time. I am not sure what happened.

In regards to the two Juul devices: When I plugged them in to charge. I heard something cooking. Then they died. The brand new Juul didn’t even turn on. My original Juul just kept flashing green and eventually it died.

The Vype Epod died and would not charge.

The STLTH – the white light that only comes on when inhaling would not turn off. Eventually, the device died. When I tried to charge it. It wouldn’t charge.

I tried various electrical outlets. Nothing worked. I tried with different wires. Nothing worked.

I was totally freaked out.

All I can say, I was very very tempted over the next three days to buy a pack of smokes. Thankfully I didn’t. I think this has to do with the fact I ended up catching a cold. I guess it was good I caught that cold because had I not, I would likely have picked up a pack of nice Marlboros.

On another note. No where on the resort could I purchase any of the above devices. The closet candidate was a gas station near the resort. However, I didn’t want to venture up there as I didn’t have any time to leave the resort (obligations to my kids).

On return, Juul has immediately agreed to send me two new devices. Juul is great that way. STLTH is making me go through the motions and so is Vype.

I guess the moral of the story is even four devices may not be enough when going away.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Falconeer

Falconeer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

You have my fullest sympathy. Over the winter, in Spain I wrote off three of my tanks when they hit the hard marble floors commonly found there.

Thankfully I had kept a stash of the old original Vivi Nova tanks which got me through til I got home.

It's truly said you need back ups for your back ups to your main vape!

If you don't want to keep a mechanical dripper as a last resort, it might be worth getting an iStick or similar and a couple of cheap tanks and some coils for the tanks ... just in case.

Hope it never happens to you again!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Zahlia

Zahlia Full Member

Nov 20, 2018
    Thank you for the advice. I was reluctant to travel with my sub ohm tanks. Thought those days were behind me given all the pod devices. But I learned this lesson the hard way. Perhaps, in the future I will keep a back up of all my back ups.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I've heard they have eliminated all smoking areas within the park.
    I also don't trust pods for vacation backup.
    Will probably bring a tin of Snus for last resort backup.
    No electronics required...:thumb:

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. charlie1465

charlie1465 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jeez that's really bad news :shock: Personally I wouldn't trust pods as my only vape although I do always tend to take one with me for stealth purposes.

Ultimately, if you're going to be that unlucky then it might happen whatever you take but an almost full proof carry would be an RDA topped mech with a spare battery and a bottle of juice.

Glad you got through it without giving in to the urge to buy a pack of the nasties :)

• Like Like x 3
  6. Topwater Elvis

Topwater Elvis Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Texas
    Lemmy guess, you flew to your destination and all of them had a full / filled pod/tank/ delivery device mounted on the power device.

• Like Like x 2
  7. ArazelEternal

ArazelEternal Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    Madison, WI
    Damn, that sucks. I always keep a backup device with me in case something happens to my Legend. Right now, that happens to be an Aspire Breeze.

• Like Like x 2
  8. gerrymi

gerrymi Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 12, 2013
    The 'Burgh, PA.
    My suggestion...get some Justfog Minifits before your next trip...

They'll give you a QUITE satisfying MTL vaping experience...and (unlike the Juul) are (easily) refillable...

Considering their price...you could buy six Minifits for the price of two Juuls...and I'd think it extremely unlikely that all 6 Minifits would ever quit working all at the same time...:shock:

:2c:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Anise

Anise Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    When I go anywhere for more than half a day I take 4 to 6 pods, 2 vapes and 2 or 3 squonks depending how long I'll be gone. I'm NOT going to be without some type of vape! I'm also a tiny bit obsessive. :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. swampcrawler

swampcrawler Full Member

Apr 26, 2019
    That sucks, and I can relate.

I work offshore. At the time I had backup everything except the mod itself. Left it sitting on the smoke deck to go take a phone call. Came back and it was gone. Never showed up again, nobody saw anything. So I was stuck in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico bumming stinkys and dip for 2 more long painful weeks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    I rarely have less than 6 mods with me, even if I'm only going to vape at lunch time. LOL I am not posting my "this is all my vapes" ever again but yea, obsessive pretty much covers it.

Anna

• Like Like x 8
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    When I go out for the day, I always take my 2 nords. I've not had a problem (knock on wood) yet.

• Like Like x 3
  13. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Sheesh, I neither check my liquid or battery level when I leave the house. I laugh in the face of trepidation. Makes me feel alive.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. dennism

dennism Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Oct 18, 2015
    Maryland
    "You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din"

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. icepickmaker84

icepickmaker84 Moved On ECF Veteran

Feb 7, 2019
    Indiana
    Stealth vaping a Juul got my wife and through Mickey’s Haunted Halloween Party lol, was surprised how handy that little Juul is but totally sucks your gear malfunctioned all at once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 3
  16. vimagreg

vimagreg Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 9, 2019
    Man, what a nightmare. I always bring with me my Orion when outside, have my Breeze 2 at work and my proper kits at home. And it's it. I think if I face this kind of situation I'll become kind of obsessed, too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. the wind

the wind Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    come on(please)we love pics;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. r77r7r

r77r7r ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Ok, Ok. I'll calm down now. But it won't last long, lol.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Diver9543

Diver9543 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    So sorry to hear about your bad luck. It was nice hearing you didn't let it ruin the time with your kids. Family time is so very important.
    On a personal note when I leave home I carry a fully charged mod with internal batteries and a fresh filled RTA for my topper. I also have a spare mod and RTA along with a spare set of batteries and a bottle of juice. It works for me and I am never more than an hour away from my house. Retirement has its advantages.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    ARGHHHH I just realized I am out of Snus and almost out of AMBIEN. I only have the stain-ey snus and when I went and asked at the big circle K in town she was all like HUUUHH??

I actually bought some Camel snus and I would try it but I have a MOUTH infection dude.

Either tomorrow and/or this week are just gonna SUCK .... Probably BOTH.

I really am not good at taking care of m'sslf just now. I like, desperately both do and don't want to beg the husband to come take care of me.

He's really great at ironing too. I guess a 2 hour round trip to like Sierra Vista is like, not the worst thing ever. I'd be sitting. That's good. I'd be PILOTING though, there's that.

Anna

• Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.