e-Smoking tested in public places...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ches

May 7, 2008
Ello,

I received my mini-cigarette e-cig this week, and over the last few days I've been trying it in various places.

Day 1 - Received and charged - smoked it in the house. A few narked glances from the missus, but after explanation all was good. No problems there. She doesn't like the taste though, so still has to go outside to smoke here proper cigs. Ha!

Evening 1 - As good an excuse as any to go down the pub, I suppose. In the name of science, I say!
When I got to town, however, an attack of nerves and shyness had me 'smoking' outside anyway... what a wuss!
A few pints later, and some courage appeared from nowhere... ;) I smoked at my table with not a word but a few looks of shock horror. I pushed my luck by 'smoking' at the bar, and even with an explanation, we were asked to move on.

Which we did... Pub 2 - no problems at all. Top bloke at the bar was pretty interested and had no qualms with my 'e-smoking'. Next we went to the local pool hall. Absolutely no questions asked by the staff there. Not a worry, and by this time I was pretty blatant about it all! I'm not even sure they knew there had been a smoking ban... lol

Day 2 - back to work. Not recommended. You can argue the health benefits until you're blue in the face, but that realistic smoke effect has everyone paranoid! No smoking my e-cig at work (cept maybe when no one's looking - its not as if they'll smell the smoke! haha! victory is mine!)

Thank you for joining me in my first e-cigadventure.

Coming soon... e-cigging in the restaurant, on a bus, in a cab and anywhere else I can think of...
Ches :D

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
Hi Ches,

Good man - very intrepid of you! It took me a while to work up to your level of unashamed, blatant e-smoking. Still don't like to puff in unfamiliar places though. We've actually got three regular e-smokers at my local now - turned on to it by my good self of course!

SJ

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
My experience has been opposite some here. I took my first e-pipe to work and proudly showed it off to anyone who cared. I worked for a newspaper, where large numbers smoke. The newspaper property went "smoke free" so cig smokers had to retreat into nearby woods. Nice, huh? And smokers had to "clock out" for smoke breaks. I then got my e-cigar and began using it at my desk. I suggested the company would save money by just buying these things and letting smokers stay at their work station. That got just a laugh.

But I still don't pull out any e-smoking device in public. My home county has the oldest population percentage in the United States, since many retire here to Paradise. I'm afraid of mass heart attacks if I "smoked" at the Early Bird Special suppers. Guys in Bermuda shorts, black socks and white shoes would keel over. Bouffant-styled blue hairs would grab their chests, or what's left of them. At a minimum, some granny with an umbrella would whack me.

The wuss I am causes me to pop a snus or Stonewall hard snuff for public appearances. Those keep me contented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread