E2 510 Cartomizer 2 out of 5 bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

br5495

Old Man Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Liberty, Texas
I love the E2s, but out of my 5 pack two of the cartomizers have no airflow. Can't get any air to flow through. The little holes in the top of the threads must not have been open.
I hope there is not a high failure rate on these.

I have not seen something like this happen with any of the later versions, but it has happened with a few earlier versions. Therefore, I do not know if the same thing applies to your version. If you are willing to give it a try, I'll tell you a fix that may or may not work for you.

First, screw the cartomizer all the way down on your battery, then back it off a turn or so. Then remove the usual parts for filling it with liquid. Now, use the eraser of a wood pencil or something about that size and push down firmly on the assembly inside. This should force everything down far enough for the battery to make an electrical contact. If by chance this is successful, there will be a gap between the two devices. When using this cartomizer in the future, don't screw it down far enough to close the gap.

One other thing. It's best not to try this "fix" with the battery removed. If you do, the assembly may pop out of the threaded fitting. It can usually be pushed back in, but any liquid inside will be lost.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I just got mine cov 510 ce2 r4. Filled all 5. 3 of them taste like I'm vaping hot plastic after 1 or 2 normal hits. So i figure its the PG because the 2 that are working phenomenally have 100% PG in them....one liquid express PG honey flue tobacco lasted 2 days med/heavy use. Just topped it off (started getting that hot plastic taste)come to find it was only down 1 ml .....back to normal TURNING INTO TOO MUCH WORK AGAIN. 2 OF 5 IS BAD BUT BRUCE SAID HES SENDING OUT 5 MORE. Great customer service! ! HOPEFULLY I COULD GET 5 OUT OF 10 TO WORK. I did notice that the inner part of the battery contact was sticking out further than flush .....when screwed into my ego Mega btw the insides pushed the mouth soft white mouth piece raised up? Only with the bad 3 *FILLED .....6 ml OF JUICE IS ALOT OF WASTED QUALITY E LIQUID..... Wtf?

Last edited:

eikon

slave to the comma
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I had 3 of 5 510 e2 v3s with the same problem. after pulling one of them apart i found that the rubber gasket between the center tube and the housing was blocking the air holes. bad manufacturing. the other two were fantastic!! except for the nasty taste, that is due to IMHO the bane of the vaping world, ATTY PRIMER... Why the factories can't just use PG or VG is beyond me, especially in a fracking carto.

after a through cleaning and painstaking reassembly of the cartos they are absolutely awesome!! the best flavor i have ever had...

i have cleaned and used both the 510 E2 v3s and 808 v4s, i prefer the 808s because airflow is a function of the battery, not the carto.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
I had 3 of 5 510 e2 v3s with the same problem. after pulling one of them apart i found that the rubber gasket between the center tube and the housing was blocking the air holes. bad manufacturing. the other two were fantastic!! except for the nasty taste, that is due to IMHO the bane of the vaping world, ATTY PRIMER... Why the factories can't just use PG or VG is beyond me, especially in a fracking carto.

after a through cleaning and painstaking reassembly of the cartos they are absolutely awesome!! the best flavor i have ever had...

i have cleaned and used both the 510 E2 v3s and 808 v4s, i prefer the 808s because airflow is a function of the battery, not the carto.

Well I pulled the wick(s) out, enuf to inspect one of my r4s and the wick was completely dry no primer or smell . Its a hot plastic taste after 5-6 hits. One was great til I topped it off and that Ind suddenly went to crap. Update ...All 5 from cov have had that plastic taste. I'm thinking these are 3plus ohms get way to hot. I SERIOUSLY THINK ***BRASS BATTERY CONTACT*** POST WOULD FIX THE PROBLEM IMOO.

Yiorgo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Chicago, Illinois
And I thought this 510 CE2 r4 "newest,newer".etc etc version wick was supposed to be wrapped around the post (in the juice well) mine came out half shredded POOR WORKMANSHIP! ...as I've read are working properly ..........oh and the instruction card says version 2 nothing about revision 4 ! Just received 5 new ones from (Bruce/clouds of vapor) at least he's standing behind what he sells .........any suggestions from anyone who's had luck With these? I'm actually scared to fill them at this point? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread