ear carrying a e-cig on ear, worry about juice on skin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
If it were ....... or crack that could possibly leach through your skin would you be as nonchalant about it? Nicotine still poses a risk to your body regardless of how it is absorbed into your system. Vaping is a way of controlling and monitoring that in a recreational way to garner a desired effect.

Have fun with vaping, but damn at least do it responsibly. Actually, you know what never mind, please disregard anything I have posted here so far. Keep up the good work. The end results will justify the means.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I really don't believe there is a good reason to be snippy to someone about something so small. Aren't we all here supposedly to be supportive of each other? There are quite a few more civil ways to say the same thing.

Just my $.02

Alrighty! Think it's tough to keep e-cigs on the market now? Wait until there is just one...only one.. e-cig related hospitalization or death case. Would you take a spoonful of e-liquid and swallow it? Leaching through your skin isn't much different and carts can hold 15 - 20 drops. Now add to that it's next to your skull. Still a small issue?

Wait it'll get better. Imagine a guy working feverishly to install his new headers, but he's sweating and the e-cig is getting in the way, it's getting slippery and bothersome. "Here honey hold this for daddy for a second."

Think it won't happen? People do it with beer and smokes all the time. So let's just handle e-cigs with the same nonchalant attitude. It'll all work out for the best.

Sorry if it sounds "snippy" it's called being blunt and telling it like it is. Treat it like it is a device with diluted insecticide inside. Stick it in a case.... or let natural selection play its role in society and win this years "Darwin Award".

I am showing loads of support by telling them to vape safely and responsibly. Would you tell someone not to ask for the keys from a drunk person about to go out on the road... would asking for the keys be "not supporting" them even if you had to do it in a plain spoken or blunt fashion?

Last edited:

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
While you raise valid points about exposure on skin, which I wasn't refuting, I personally believe you could raise the point without being snippy and confrontational with other members. Save your animosity to those that warrant it. We're all in the same boat here, aren't we? I think we owe it to ourselves to be helpful to others here, and to give them information without being rude.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Not gonna happen. LOL. I don't pander and I'm not the best at mediation. If my best friend were being an idiot I'd tell him. I've done the same for every family member and friend throughout my life. Why would I suddenly become a suger filled sweetheart for a stranger? I've seen lack of action, and enabling, kill a person before. If everyone were plain spoken we'd have a lot fewer issues in the world.

I am being helpful and "rude" is a perception. "Confrontational" is a word where the etymology really needs to be researched in today's society. If I see a lady shaking her baby should I not say anything because to say anything would be being "confrontational"... by confronting her or bringing her face-to-face with the issue at hand.

We are NOT all in the same boat. If anything reading this forum highlights that fact many times over throughout any given day. Even on this issue we can see disparity. Some of us are trying to vape responsibly while others through their posting show us they are not. I have seen posts here asking about ingesting the liquid straight, allowing it to be soaked in through the salivary glands, and even if anyone had found a use for marijuana and the PV yet.... that shows a profound separation between use and responsibility. We are all adults and should be acting with the modicum of restraint and forethought it takes to be considered mature in our society. Not that I'm expecting maturity (that's just silly), but I would expect that when telling someone that they are making a bad and unintelligent decision or acting in an unsafe manner, with accord to the e-cigarette, not to have my motives come under fire.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think there are perfectly good ways to inform someone that what they are doing is dangerous, inappropriate, or just plain wrong. But then again, I was raised to be polite and civil towards other people. I realize it's nearly impossible for other folks to do the same, especially over the internet where everything goes because there is no personal accountability, but I will still attempt to hold to my morals.

I just know that if I were to ask a legitimate question and someone were to respond with a snide remark, I would pretty much find myself discounting anything else they had to say. Except if they were a friend of mine and were just having a little fun at my expense, of course.

But it's ok. I can disagree with someone and not get offended. We all have our personal styles of communication on forums. I may not agree with yours, and you may not agree with mine, but it doesn't mean our intentions aren't similar.

Have a great weekend. :)

HaploVoss

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Rogersville, MO - USA
... I would expect that when telling someone that they are making a bad and unintelligent decision or acting in an unsafe manner, with accord to the e-cigarette, not to have my motives come under fire.

I agree... but that's not all you were doing, and I think that was his point. There is a not so fine line between being informative and crossing over into being a jerk. As you also pointed out, that is your perogative - but if that is your schtick, then accept that and don't turn around and start ripping on people that call you on it when you're perfectly aware of the desserts you are looking for.

In response to the question, I do not carry my e-cig that way, but I sure have stuck it behind my ear for a few seconds if there was a need to, but oviously never long enough for fluid to drain out. Have you thought about some of the ink-pen style carrying case mods on here?

I also agree with others along the lines that it is probably not the best for your health although I could not prove that, and if nothing else it would be unwise to carry it all the time behind your ear just because it is an accident waiting to happen.

My .02 - Flame if you like, I'm done w/ the thread.

Take care,
- Hap

Last edited:

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Well, I suppose we'll just have to agree to disagree. I think there are perfectly good ways to inform someone that what they are doing is dangerous, inappropriate, or just plain wrong. But then again, I was raised to be polite and civil towards other people. I realize it's nearly impossible for other folks to do the same, especially over the internet where everything goes because there is no personal accountability, but I will still attempt to hold to my morals.

I just know that if I were to ask a legitimate question and someone were to respond with a snide remark, I would pretty much find myself discounting anything else they had to say. Except if they were a friend of mine and were just having a little fun at my expense, of course.

But it's ok. I can disagree with someone and not get offended. We all have our personal styles of communication on forums. I may not agree with yours, and you may not agree with mine, but it doesn't mean our intentions aren't similar.

Have a great weekend. :)

*nod* I agree. I've still had fun discussing the issue and I believe we still have more to nibble over, but I'll take it to PM's so everyone doesn't have to read through our long winded responses.

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
*nod* I agree. I've still had fun discussing the issue and I believe we still have more to nibble over, but I'll take it to PM's so everyone doesn't have to read through our long winded responses.

Sounds good to me. And just for the record, I have nothing against you personally at all. I've enjoyed many of your posts and found them quite informative. I hope that you don't feel otherwise.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Sounds good to me. And just for the record, I have nothing against you personally at all. I've enjoyed many of your posts and found them quite informative. I hope that you don't feel otherwise.

Hehe nah. If you ever hung out with my family you'd realize how tough your skin has to be to survive in that environment. I think we're both people who come here to help, each in our own way. PM sent BTW. I apologize in advance for the small novella I sent ya.

nocomply

ECF Veteran
Aug 19, 2009
Princeton, Indiana
my apologies for not being OG, double OG, triple OG as some of you guys...I never once thought, asking a simple question, would bring out comments like I seen.

You know, I asked the question for a reason, because I did not know....logically, why most people ask a question.

I hear some people saying the juice is not good on skin contact, some say it's no big deal....

You tell me...

Mods can close/delete the thread, and sorry my simple question caused people to have a pink panty melt down...8-o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread