Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Im about to give advice to the new mixer, or wannabe mixer.

This recipe is amost two recipes in one, see tweaks.

"Start with what you know". For me it was fruits. It wasn't desserts, or creams, or tropicals. Anyone can measure correctly and make a clone, or even use anothers recipe.

Back in 2015 when I started it's what I did, and I have two examples to share.

This is my alpha, my genesis mixing path. I read everything, and talked to the experts found on this forum. Two recipes opened my eyes to diy and gave me confidence.

One was named "Mustard Milk". (Sounds yummy huh?) It's a simple two ingredient recipe of strawberries and ice cream.

The other was the one I adjusted to make Hillbilly juice.

When I was going through my recipe list, I fought a little over the fact I had taken someone elses recipe and tweaked it to my tastes, and should I publish it. The deciding factor for me was the tweak, I rated it high according to my tastes. It's an unfinished recipe, again.

I remember the day I found it and wrote the recipe down. Three simple ingredients and i liked all three. "I'll have to try this". They were all Tpa, the brand I started to learn with in the flavor chase.

I had to do a double take at the name though, cause something wasn't right, or normal. Then I laughed.

The recipe was named "Crispy Georgia Pear". Now just hold on a second. Everyone 'round these parts knows Georgia is the peach state. I'm a sensin' a feud. Georgia ain't the Pear state.

Three ingredients to the recipe. Crispy (Apples), Georgia (peaches), and Pear. I liked all three so I decided to give it a go.

Both Mustard Milk and Crispy Georgia Pear gave me "wow" moments. This (diy) really is possible.

Fast forward a century in my diy experience. I was looking around at my list wanting something different to make and found this three ingredient recipe.

"I'll play with that".

So I did.

By this time I had experienced different flavor manufacturers and their nuances.

Pear is a strong flavor, and can ruin a mixing syringe. I played with this flavor some but its best use for me was in small doses to make another flavor pop. In this recipe it got almost a full dose. Pear appeared to me at the time to be the same regardless of who made it.

Apples are my favorite of the three ingredients in this recipe. I really enjoy the combo of two different flavor manufacturers to make my apple. Its a trend for me.

While I have lauded white peach, dont overlook juicy peach. Both are here.

So now what I've done is take someone elses recipe, change it to make the same, and then change the name to claim it as my own.

Is it better? That's a matter of taste. The unfinished tweak is different for sure, 'cept I figure it's probably already been done by somone else and I just never stumbled across it.

I decided to post this recipe as a teaching tool as to what is possible for anyone to do, even with my recipes that I have publicly posted. It's diy.

From "Crispy Georgia Pear"

Hillbilly juice

Tpa Pear. 3.5%
Tpa Apple. 4%
FA Fuji Apple. 2%
Tpa juicy Peach. 4%
FA White Peach. 1.5%

Looking at my recipe it feels a little out of balance as I haven't tried it in years. I know it's in the ballpark.

I made this recipe and then wondered what I could do with it.

Tweak : Hillbilly Custard.

I started adding a ton of flavor, with 4% FA Custard. Meh.

Then I doubled the Custard to an ungodly 8%, putting the juice way over my personal (and industry) flavor limits.

But WOW! It was really good. (To my tastes).

I wrote my notes down and planned to revisit the recipe, and never did. The recipe needs balanced. I know if I took the time I could do it, but that ship has sailed to an extent for me.

You can substitute the Custard with your own personal favorite, i was using FA at the time so this is late in my diy journey.

It's almost a mix like i used in my FROOT recipe.

Read everything you can find about diy if you're serious about the hobby.

While most mixers probably dream about making a juice that is the next big thing, the best part is having it in your vape. I have a few recipes I'm proud of.

I have many more recipes that need work.

A couple years later I revisited an old favorite and this post is about that journey.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread