Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Not Raccoon spit, guts, or blood. Change the name to suit yerself, I'm vapin the whole dang critter. I'm part Ogre.

Timeline is early in my journey 'cause of flavors 2, 4 and 5 together, and last 6, for obvious reasons to most diy people.

I had an Aunt that lived in the Atlanta area. In the early 80's I'd go visit. They had this cozy family room with a fireplace, books galore, fancy pictures on the walls, and large sliding glass doors opening to a large brick floored porch to the back yard.

Every evenin' at dusk they'd fill a tin foil tray with dog food and a family of Raccoons would come to feed at dark. They didnt even pay no nevermind to the toy poodle through the glass. You could lay right up against the glass and they'd just feed.

The 'Possum was a different story, he didn't like Jumper, the poodle. He would hiss at ya too.

I also used Black Bear, Copperhead, and Rattlesnake. The snakes couldn't afford a ticket to the ballgame.

This recipe bought a ticket from a stranger outside the gate. At the entrance the ticket taker is giving mt ticket scrutiny, and a lookin' at me once over. Its not his first rodeo. About now I'm a wondering if I can find the fella that sold me the ticket. The ticket man let this recipe in the stadium, up in the cheap seats.

The workaround flavor was Cranberry, ingredient 2. I know for a fact it goes good with apple, even diluted, umm, nevermind. It's healthier to drink it straight.

Putting Apple with Cranberry was a no brainer for me. Maybe this is why I enjoy feeding the squirrels.

20140507_100027.jpg

Another date of this recipe is working with the Grape flavor. Both used in this recipe were from Flavor West (blue and white). I really didn't care for either separately, but a combo blend made me happy. I ended up combining the two down the road as a one shot flavor. Ratio would be to your tastes.

Last, the 6th ingredient is EM. Ethyl Maltol. You buy the crystals, dilute them in pg and use as a sweetner. The first sweetner i learned to use.

Don't ask me why the middle ingredient is blueberry, 'cept i like it. Cheap seats.

Raccoon

Tpa Apple. 4%
Tpa Cranberry. 4%
Tpa Blueberry Xtra. 4%
FW Blue Grape. 1%
FW White Grap . 3%
Ethyl Maltol. 2%

I can only surmise the recipe needed some sweet. I don't remember what it tastes like, but i bet a Raccoon would like it.

A 'Possum probably would too, if there werent something worse to eat first.

Good luck.

Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread