Easily the biggest switch from cigs to e cigs has got to be as an i.e. vanilla custard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
When I smoked I could never imagine smoking vanilla custard flavour cigarettes yet here I am vaping away on Bazilla Custard. There are so many flavours I can never settle on one as there are so many to try and I'm always thinking the next one might be 'the one'. Yet I always go back to the traditional tobacco flavours.

The agony of choice. Yes, I am actually moaning about the huge variety of choice in flavours it makes it difficult to settle on one and just be happy.

Bah humbug!

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
makes you wonder how we got by with regular or menthol as our only choices for so long with stinkies

I suppose switching from regular to menthol, Marlborough or Camel was as close as we got to trying new flavours.

I was on a forum earlier where someone posted a link to a Christmas cake flavour. Really? I can't even begin to imagine vaping that lol. Though I bought a 'premium' tobacco flavour that was advertised with a hint of caramel and unsteeped the caramel was just gorgeous. And there I was searching for a good caramel vape for two months.

Wacky and zany, that's what vaping is, I tells ya.

finney

Dec 14, 2013
Minnesota
I vape a lot of "strange" flavors. 777 makes a sugarplum that I'm a little obsessed with, and I currently have mojito and a peach somethingorother in my stash.

But like you, I generally seem to gravitate back to tobacco flavors, or tobacco flavor blends (like apple tobacco, RY4, etc). While I hate the taste of analogs, and am definitely not looking for a taste-alike, I have found I like the complex, earthy taste of the unburnt tobacco. *shrug*

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I vape a lot of "strange" flavors. 777 makes a sugarplum that I'm a little obsessed with, and I currently have mojito and a peach somethingorother in my stash.

But like you, I generally seem to gravitate back to tobacco flavors, or tobacco flavor blends (like apple tobacco, RY4, etc). While I hate the taste of analogs, and am definitely not looking for a taste-alike, I have found I like the complex, earthy taste of the unburnt tobacco. *shrug*

Yeah it's so weird. I mean, they taste nothing like tobacco but they have that kind of calming effect that you're tasting tobacco. How do they get tobacco flavours anyway? I know you can get just about any flavour in concentrates but where does tobacco come from if they're not steeped from tobacco leaves?

I don't care really. Just as they are happy to fool me into thinking it's a tobacco flavour with a hint of something else, I am perfectly happy to also fool myself into thinking the same thing :)

The caramel tobacco flavour I was talking about above is a RY4 variant but OMG the caramel taste was amazing. No hint of tobacco at all in it lol.

Johnny Popular

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2013
New Mexico
I remember the Camel exotic blend cigarettes that came in the little metal tins with names like "Twist" (orange) "Izmir Stinger" (apple) and "Summer 2004 Margarita Mixer" (self explanatory). I smoked those tasty tobacco-confections until I wheezed and nearly choked to death, they were delicious, or at least, they seemed to be at the time. I think my love for these helped ease me into vaping non-tobacco flavours.

finney

Dec 14, 2013
Minnesota
I've noticed my taste in juice has a lot to do with my mood. During the week I prefer something more "traditional", but on the weekends I'll gravitate toward more "adventurous" flavors.

Which is weird, really, since I'm about the biggest introvert who's ever hid behind a keyboard, so it's not like I'm in a "party mood" on the weekend or anything, and the choice definitely wasn't conscious, but it made me go "hm" once I noticed it.

Silent Scream

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2013
Aylesbury
I remember the Camel exotic blend cigarettes that came in the little metal tins with names like "Twist" (orange) "Izmir Stinger" (apple) and "Summer 2004 Margarita Mixer" (self explanatory). I smoked those tasty tobacco-confections until I wheezed and nearly choked to death, they were delicious, or at least, they seemed to be at the time. I think my love for these helped ease me into vaping non-tobacco flavours.

Tasty tobacco confections without wheezing or choking to death yes I think I'm on the verge of sussing what turned you on to vaping :)

I've noticed my taste in juice has a lot to do with my mood. During the week I prefer something more "traditional", but on the weekends I'll gravitate toward more "adventurous" flavors.

Which is weird, really, since I'm about the biggest introvert who's ever hid behind a keyboard, so it's not like I'm in a "party mood" on the weekend or anything, and the choice definitely wasn't conscious, but it made me go "hm" once I noticed it.

I have my 'tester' tanks for new juices and always one tank filled with a RY4 or tobacco variant which I can happily vape all day. I experiment a bit more at the weekend too but always wonder why I do it. Every week I think no that blueberry and cream coffee rum explosion didn't work for me at all I'll go back to what I like.

Variety is not always the spice of life it's just a temptation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread