• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

East Coast Meet Up. Which date works best for you?

Which weekend works better?

• March 13, 2010

• March 20, 2010

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Please vote in the poll above so we can see which weekend works for the most vapers. Some will be going for the weekend (Friday and Saturday night) and some will be there for Saturday night only. I have spoken with a few ECF members and March 5th and 27th have been ruled out. If Spikey can't come, what's the point, right?
smile.gif

As I said before, the meeting will be in Fredericksburg, VA. I know there isn't much of a nightlife there, but the point is to get together, meet each other, hang out and get the word out about PVs.

The hotel that we will be staying in has not been built yet (so it will be brand new!). I will call and speak with the sales manager to block off the rooms in January when I have a CONFIRMED list of who is coming.

I hope that this poll will solidify the date so those of you needing to make travel arrangements may do so.

I am so excited! I can't wait!!!
jumping-smiley-015.gif

Please, only vote if you plan to attend!!

Spikey added this on another forum....

Ok... I want to see if we can get enough people there early enough on Friday to plan some sort of protest and get some national attention... we have some vapers flying in for this... and I expect it will be pretty big. I was going to plan the protest for Mon... but I think Fri will work better for that.

If you guys can only make one day or the other... Sat is prob better... since everyone will be there by then. Please spread the word and if any of you care to... please bump up the thread on ECF so more people will know about it... as soon as we have a date... I will post it on VapersClub and start letting everyone possible know including all the suppliers if they want to let people know about the meeting or the protest.

Last edited:

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
We are working on the accomodations now. We will be setting the date and booking rooms soon. I will also be looking for an idea of how many are coming for sure by early-mid Nov. We are trying to book a meeting room for all of us to hang out and I need an approx. head count so they can give us the right sized room.

Last edited:

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
Hiya squid- Thx- I see you are exactly where my Mom is! Well, maybe not exactly but in the area? LOL We are supposed to be up that way ina few weeks and then again Thanksgiving week! I will check schedules on the meet in March Queen- Thx!

Hi, Luv. I am in Charlotte, near Matthews. Let meknow if you are ever in this area. I'd love to meet up!

That's great, ctourtelot!

TnA

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2009
Fayetteville, NC
How fun! I'm in Richmond, VA myself and considering my bf and I are the only 2 vapers I've come across, It would be fun to meet and swap stories with others!

ctourtleot, there's a young (well....maybe "young" in my eyes :p) lady in this forum who is up near your area who has lamented at the lack of vapers around her. I'll try to dig around and remember who she is and where she is located. Who knows.....maybe the two of you can start up a vapers club together! :thumb:

Queen, since I'm not being extradited from this country like originally planned :rolleyes:, I might be around for the future vape gathering :w00t::thumbs:. Defininely count me in if I'm still in the country!! I'll see you on the 14th of the month! :D

QueenInNC

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2009
Charlotte, NC USA
There have only been a few votes here so we are going with the forum with the most votes. The date will be March 13, 2010!!!!!

Here is the deal for the hotel guys...

We were originally going to stay at the Holiday Inn but it isn't built yet so I decided to look around and find something else so we could get the ball rolling. I contacted Wingate by Wyndham http://www.hotelfredericksburg.com/

They have given us a rate of $76.50 per night.
If we book 25 rooms (or more) we get a meeting room free.
If we do not book 25 rooms the rate for the meeting room is $450
I have it set up so everyone will call and book thier own rooms. It will be easier than a master account. The name of our group is "Vapers". Creative huh? ;-)

If we have to pay for the meeting room, we will all need to chip in to pay for it. This gives us a place to hang out other than the halls I am sure that, that will happen anyway though

We are going to get at least a few adjoining rooms for the night owls. :)

If you look at the website, there is a "things to do" tab so you can see what's around. The guy from the hotel said that there were lots of restaurants in the area.

I am going to call this week and block off that weekend so you guys can start making reservations!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread