The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

East Tennessee- Smoky Mountain Vapers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Vapinteers' started by Dougiestyle, Apr 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Dougiestyle

Dougiestyle Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    We had a great Vape Night at Bailey's this past Saturday. I wanted to check-in, here on ECF, for any members who are not on our FB page.

We will be having the bi-monthly Smoky Mountain Vapers group meet on May 18, from 2-6, at Bailey's Sports Bar & Grill in Knoxville, TN. Nine vendors have confirmed attendance with wares available for purchase. We will have a CASAA basket raffle. Tickets $2/ea limit 5. All proceeds go to CASAA.org. Premium hardware, gift certificates, vendor shwag, etc included.

There will also be our regular attendance raffle. Free ticket upon entry and sign-in. Anything vape related under the sun is given away every meet to lucky attendees. *Must be present to win.

Last month our members contributed over $1600 for CASAA! Rather than hawking donations, we decided to provide some incentive for supporting this worthy cause to our community.

Good friends, good food, good drinks, great staff, comfortable with 100% chance of lingering clouds. If you are within 100 miles of Knoxville, you should have no reason not to attend. See you soon! :toast:

2. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Bumping this for visibility. Check in if you're a member or plan to attend! :)

3. CATastrophe

CATastrophe Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Glad to see this thread. I got it marked. I noticed the front page of Smoky Mountain Vapers was updated with the May date, but on the vape meets link page there was no mention.

Thanks for the heads up for those of us with FB-phobia. :p

4. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
  5. ThargorDraconis

ThargorDraconis Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    sevierville, TN
    Just wondering if you guys post here regularly because I would love to go to a vape meet but don't really want to make a Facebook account just to join the group.

6. ThargorDraconis

Apr 13, 2014
    sevierville, TN
    Answered my own question by looking through the forum duh.
    Guess I will have to reactivate my dreaded Facebook account to join up.
    Hope to meet some good people and join the club soon!

7. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Thargor, I don't use FB either.

You can check here Smoky Mountain Vapers Knoxville
    They have meets every other month. We just had one last Sunday, so next one is mid-July.
    Once I know the date, I'll try to remember to post here.

Lots of good folks at the meet. If you've never been to a vape meet, it's lots of fun. :)

8. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Hey, Doug, when's the June vape night?

Thargor, the vape night is different from a meet. At a meet, there are lots more people and vendors, prizes, raffles. At the vape night, it's just a bunch of folks hanging out and a few give aways - no vendors. Both are good outings.

9. ThargorDraconis

Apr 13, 2014
    sevierville, TN
    Thanks for the replies guys!
    Vape meet, Vape night, either is fine with me as long as there are good people and some fun to be had.
    Will definitely keep an eye on that site and make it to the next get together.

10. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    The next Vape Night is Saturday June 21. Last time they met about 7 or 7:30, I think. It's at Bailey's in Knoxville on 7 Oaks Drive.

The next big meet with vendors is Sunday July 20, 2-6pm, also at Bailey's.

11. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Thanks for updating all this, Janet!

12. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Uh oh! According to the SMV website, the vape night is TONIGHT, Weds. June 18th. Guess they changed it since I last looked.

And that ^^ is wrong. Sure would be nice if I could read. Ha! I guess it's still this coming Saturday, 21st.

13. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
  14. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    :p Yeah, it's been one of those days. Talking or typing before thinking. *sigh*

15. JDeane

JDeane Full Member Verified Member

Jun 12, 2014
    East Tennessee
    I hope to be at the June Meet, Cya all there

16. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Unfortunately, we (husband and I) can't attend vape night on Saturday. But we will be at the July meet. :)

17. ThargorDraconis

Apr 13, 2014
    sevierville, TN
    Went to the meet tonight.
    Met lots of great people, saw lots of great gear, had an awesome time!
    Would like to thank you guys for keeping this posted for us Facebook holdouts, without it I would not have known about this meet.
    Would also like to thank everyone there tonight for welcoming a new guy and making me feel so at home.

Can't wait for the next get together!

18. CATastrophe

Mar 12, 2011
    Purradise (NETN)
    Glad you had a nice time and checked back in here to let us know how it was. The Knoxville folks are always so nice and welcoming. :)
    If you go to the July meet, I hope we get to talk. My husband and I are REO users and there are about 8 of us that grab a table. When you come in to the July meet, a lady named Dana often works the door and always knows where Sam and Janet are. :)

19. Dougiestyle

Feb 5, 2011
    Knoxville, TN USA
    Bumping this to let any E TN vapers know that the July Freedom to Vape meet will be from 2-4p @ Bailey's Sports Grill in Knoxville, tomorrow. If you're a new vaper in the area or a veteran, please come on out! Forecast is cloudy, but us vapers like that. ;)

Tons of free giveaways

Liquid tasting bar

Take it or Leave it table

Free attendance raffle

Paid raffle of premium items to benefit CASAA

If you've never been to a vape meet, you won't believe the fun and excitement

Local, supporting vendors on-site for the latest, greatest items for sale, too!

See y'all there! :toast:

20. TheGiggler64

TheGiggler64 Ultra Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Louisville TN
    Just found this thread! I plan on being there today! I look forward to seeing everyone!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.