Eastmall Advertisement ...check it out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Hi eastmall people :)

I did this little Advertisement for David and i worked very hard on it ...i will be posting it anywhere and everywhere i can haha ...Tell me what you think of it :)

David is a good person and a very good friend of mine and me being stuck in bed all day with not much to do this took my mind off my life problems atleast for awhile lol

anyway here it is: give us your opinion

MyPhotoshopAdvertisment11.jpg

Last edited:

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Rickstar,

this is wonderful :shock: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I am sure David will be thrilled when he sees it

I know I am --------

wonderful, well done -- very nice indeed, ---

I have sent to david some business card layouts, so these will be available for anyone who wants them- in a week or so --

free with your orders

if you feel you would like to help promote eastmall, please ask for some in your next order- we will be happy and grateful for the help.

I have also asked David to do T-shirts for us as well
perhaps Rickstar you would like to do some designs for our eastmall t-shirts for us ?????

I am thinking black and gold t-shirts, what do you think ????
:laugh:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
My opinion, it looks sleazy. Sorry but you asked. Nictoine addiction is not sexy. I think if we want to legitimize our cause we need to be careful of the image we present. Just my 2 cents worth.
Thanks for your opinion frisco, while i don't agree it is still very appreciated :)

I personally think it looks classy but we all have are own tastes i guess, its not over the top but still a little sexy i suppose lol ...but its e-cigarettes and i guess if it was advertiseing normal cigarettes it would be tasteless

sex does sell :/ its a fact sadly lol ...but i understand where your coming from

My next poster/advertisement will be a little more conservative, i promise

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Rickstar,

this is wonderful :shock: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

I am sure David will be thrilled when he sees it

I know I am --------

wonderful, well done -- very nice indeed, ---

I have sent to david some business card layouts, so these will be available for anyone who wants them- in a week or so --

free with your orders

if you feel you would like to help promote eastmall, please ask for some in your next order- we will be happy and grateful for the help.

I have also asked David to do T-shirts for us as well
perhaps Rickstar you would like to do some designs for our eastmall t-shirts for us ?????

I am thinking black and gold t-shirts, what do you think ????
:laugh:
That sounds great Di, count me in, i'd be more than happy to design a tee shirt picture for David and yourself

Just give me a guide of what you want and i'll get busy.

I've got nothing better to do these days but stare at my roof all day long while stuck in bed so it would be my pleasure mate :)

David has already seen this Advertisement below and he fell in love lol

PM me :)~Rick

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
That sounds great Di, count me in, i'd be more than happy to design a tee shirt picture for David and yourself

Just give me a guide of what you want and i'll get busy.

I've got nothing better to do these days but stare at my roof all day long while stuck in bed so it would be my pleasure mate :)

David has already seen this Advertisement below and he fell in love lol

PM me :)~Rick

I did PM you ---- hahahahahahahahha :laugh:

I will again with my ideas for the T shirt design

frisco

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Asheville
I'm glad you didn't take offense. I was a little worried that I sounded harsh. I'm not a prude by any stretch. Thanks for your response and you are right. Sex does sell.

It's just that some of the critics use the argument that e-cigs are aimed at children and adolescents as their amunition and I hate to see us give them any more cause for that.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I'm glad you didn't take offense. I was a little worried that I sounded harsh. I'm not a prude by any stretch. Thanks for your response and you are right. Sex does sell.

It's just that some of the critics use the argument that e-cigs are aimed at children and adolescents as their amunition and I hate to see us give them any more cause for that.

It takes alot to offend me :p ..so its all good frisco

I hear what your saying and i respect your opinion and your feelings on the matter, i have a little different take on it however, as long as its tasteful and not to provocative a little sexiness in advertising can't do to much harm, in normal cigarettes that kind of advertising can be bad because normal cigarettes can actually! kill you and are young ones ..seeing that e-cigarettes are a heck! of alot safer and there is an age limit on who can buy e-cigarettes that makes me alot more relaxed about it.

As long as there are checks and balances which there seems to be from everything i have been reading then i don't see the harm in a little sexy advertiseing without going over the top as far as e-cigarettes go

it's better than sucking down a cancer stick you have to admit and its the parents responsibility to look out for there kids and watch what they do and get up to.

anyway, good talk :)~Rick

Last edited:

frisco

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Asheville
I do see your point. I wasn't going to say that about it being the responsiblity of the parents but I'm glad you did! I'm not a parent but I was a child with my a mind of my own. We can only make the world so safe. If a child or teenager is going to decide they want to get addicted they will use what is available. I know I did and it would have been nice to have had a safe alternative.

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I do see your point. I wasn't going to say that about it being the responsiblity of the parents but I'm glad you did! I'm not a parent but I was a child with my a mind of my own. We can only make the world so safe. If a child or teenager is going to decide they want to get addicted they will use what is available. I know I did and it would have been nice to have had a safe alternative.
I think thats the point i am trying to make in a round about way frisco, I'd prefer that kids don't do anything harmful to themselves, neither cigarettes or take any other kind of dangerous substances but if they are going to anyway and you can't stop them then i'd much rather it was an e-cig than a 400 odd dangerous chemical filled object like a cancer stick

again!! i prefer they all sustained from doing anything stupid but i remember my childhood and to stop them is 1. very hard to do and 2. near impossible

all i am saying is if there where better parenting skills in this world then it would go along way to guiding children in the right direction, but sadly this is not the world in which we live in today ..its an imperfect planet ...at the risk of getting to deep or philosophical i'll just say its all about education and guidance and not so much about if a picture advertising one product or another is too sexy or not.

anyway we could talk about it all day and go back and forth, but its a complicated subject and those who criticize the advertising on e-cigs will realize soon enough one thing one day soon ..and that is that normal deadly lung killing cigarettes are the real! enemy here :)~Rick

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
Oh My --- some sensible talk happening here --

I will just sneak out quietlly before I say something silly ----- :unsure:

* sneaking , sneaking, tippy toe , tippy toe , -- ssssshhhhhhh *
oh! pleaseeeee Di, your a clever cookie, so join the party ..I'm sure you have something construtive to add to the conversation, you can't sneek out of here that easy :p heh~Rick

bluesuede

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Central PA, USA
I think maybe a smoother background. Was a little hard on my eyes but then I'm older than dirt.. hahaha! :p

Edit: I meant the black pebbly background.

I would probably tweak the wording in "But Korea and Japan etc" and instead say something like Shipping to Korea and Japan will be based on weight. Not nitpicking or anything. I think you did a fabulous job!

Last edited:

rickstar009

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2009
Deal-extreme Enthusiast
I'm sure Di won't admit it but that's a picture of her sister in the advertisement. Di has always been jealous of her.

hahaha
Lol, thats not very nice :p ..but funny heh~Rick

I think maybe a smoother background. Was a little hard on my eyes but then I'm older than dirt.. hahaha! :p

Edit: I meant the black pebbly background.

I would probably tweak the wording in "But Korea and Japan etc" and instead say something like Shipping to Korea and Japan will be based on weight. Not nitpicking or anything. I think you did a fabulous job!
Thanks for the constructive criticisms, I'll work on it next time ..ya nitpicker you! ;) hehe~Rick

No offense, but I really should start doing Graphic Design again. My Illustrator skills are awesome. I'm just not a fan of this ad at all. I'm more of sleek and basic kind of person. A touch of elegance and class.

FYI - Black background w/ white text is the easiest to read on computer monitors.
thanks for the not! so constructive criticisms :p

Ok Mr Illustrator , lets see what you got!? Lol

I think the point mainly is: David at Eastmall has great quality bargains that he sells very! cheap:)~Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread