ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Eastmall Riva Ego Impressions

Eastmall Riva Ego Impressions | azzx.org

Fri, Apr 30, 2010
Earth, Hardware, Life, Me, issues

Yesterday I received my Eastmall Riva, so I haven't had much time with the device but so far I am actually quite impressed. Considering the price in comparison to other Ego models, the EM Riva Kit would make a great impact for anyone wanting to give up traditional tobacco smoking and has struggled using the old 501 ecig brands.
The EM Riva is Eastmalls version of the ever popular EGo with similar but slightly improved specs, most notably the battery which has been going for 8 hours of normal use so far:
Riva Specs

M-Riva is a specially made product for Eastmall .

• No issues with the manual button .
  • Better battery quality
  • The shape for Riva is better looking than similiar ones.
  • You saved at least $18 from any other sellers
Starter kit includes:

• 2 pcs of 510 atomizer
  • 2 pcs of 750mah battery
  • 1 pc fast charger (only takes 2 and a half hours to fully charge the batts) plus Wall charger
  • 10 pcs blank cart
  • 1 pc cone
Eastmall will give 6 months on warranty for the RiVa kit and 3 months on the battery.
Compared to my HG 501's the quality of the Riva is substantially better, it doesn't feel cheap at all.
Thank god it doesn't have the LED at the end – just the button glows blue making stealth vaping a whole lot easier. It also stands upright with no issue because of the flat tip.
I couldn't calculate charge time as the two batteries only took 10 minutes to charge indicating they were pre-charged at the factory though I will post more thoughts on this device after some more use.
Obligatory Box Shot

Front of the Riva Box, it is magnetic.

Inside the Riva Box, nicely packed!

All the contents of the EM-Riva with bonus Large Atty

The Riva Blue Led Button

The EM Riva assembled

Aaron's comment --
It is a fantastic product that I would highly recommend to anybody.

thank you so much Aaron for this, -- Di ........:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Originally Posted by badkolo
Ok the riva is in and tested. I even have its counterpart for the day to compare it too.

Heres the only difference so the controversy can end once and for all. One has gold bands and one has silver. one has a more of a rubber coating on the cone and one has less.

THATS IT, that's the difference.

The 2010 Riva Comes in a nice black box, inside of it is the Riva(Mr.Slick) in a black velvet tray with 2 Riva batteries , 1 cone, 2 Atomizers plus the USB charger and tips.

The design of the RIVA is identical in shape, look, function, design and overall feel, the only difference is what I stated above, thats it.

The RIVA has a blue led that glows when you press it and it goes away when you depress, Its a nice little effect.

I prepared a LR 510 atty and screwed it on a fully charged Riva battery and dripped my juice and cranked the RIVA, plumes of smoke, it hits exactly like it should, the draw isnt as stiff as I expected to be which is a good thing.

The battery has lasted all day and works flawlessly, it vapes perfectly and I will be honest here, I like it as much if not more then my indulgence, but i say that for every new PV that I really like.

And yes, I really like the RIVA, A sturdy reliable product so far. I approve.

thank you so much BK, --- Di ......:)

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Originally Posted by Scottbee
I am not one to give reviews on products until I have had the opportunity to really put them through the ringer.... but all ow me to make some observations regarding the Riva:

1) The packaging is quite nice. Consistent with the type and style of packaging that we have come to expect from this class of product.

2) The batteries are quite attractive and nicely finished. The gold accents (in lieu of chrome) really turned out nice.

3) The button has a rubber/silicone texture and feel. Nicer than the hard plastic units found on similar devices. It has a good feel and a nice action. It is probably a little less prone to "accidental pocket firing" due to the lower profile and slightly smaller size. It is also probably less likely to get "stuck on" due to contamination and molding flash.

4) The LED underneath the button is blue. Looks good.

5) I was expecting these batteries to be "longer" due to the stated 750mAH. They are the same length as the 650mAH class units.

6) As noted in the advertisement, it comes with the "rapid" USB charger and a mains (115VAC) adapter.

7) The "effective" output voltage of the battery is 3.1V... same as the similar units (dern!), and all Joye 510 class batteries.

8) The atties that came with the unit are quite nice. I've never used an Eastmall 510 atty, so I didn't know what to expect. They are in the 2.3Ω range and have an excellent supplemental wick. They are of the "wide band" variety. No internal washer.

More later I'm sure....

Thank you Scottbee, we look forward very much to your firther insights, -------- Di .... :)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
just wanted to pop in and ask di if they plan on changing the name of the riva with a 510 cartomizer and call it

THE CLOUD MACHINE, becuase thats whats going on over here, I have created my own little weather system over here, tons of clouds with a chance of rain.

I think i need another machine to suck up all these clouds of vapor.

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
I hope not, it's a very special name given by Di :wub:

On the point, yes, I see that the thing pukes out as much vape as almost any higher voltage unit out there, those that have it, know this to be true.
just wanted to pop in and ask di if they plan on changing the name of the riva with a 510 cartomizer and call it

THE CLOUD MACHINE, becuase thats whats going on over here, I have created my own little weather system over here, tons of clouds with a chance of rain.

I think i need another machine to suck up all these clouds of vapor.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
I hope not, it's a very special name given by Di :wub:

On the point, yes, I see that the thing pukes out as much vape as almost any higher voltage unit out there, those that have it, know this to be true.

The RiVa was named by me, with a lot of Love,:wub:

it will always be called RiVa,

it will always be loved muchly, -- :wub:

and yes, is it ever smokin', -- hahahah
like a freight train
you dont need HV or LV attys with this lil baby !! :shock:

mudmanc4

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2009
In The Plex
kb.lime-it.us
Hehehee, yea, well hey, what can be said, i am the master , that I not only allow you to visualize my thoughts, but actually experience such as the warm lump of a mixture of bile tethered with yesterdays nacho's burbling up behind your chest plate as if ready to spurt from that old aluminum pressure cooker grandma used to blanch the fruit before canning , yea, that good !!!!!

But aar, the RiVa rocks , enjoy :D
...WOW mud, I can't BELIEVE they haven't put you in charge of writing the marketing materials yet!! That is some visualization right there... uh, yum yum..??? 8-o:shock:

:lol::lol::lol:

miss MiA

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2009
Chicago, IL
If it is a really good date, I'll often do both...

Oooops.. sorry, OT.

2qx0ynl.jpg

(...I was going to spank you instead, but I think it goes without saying why THAT wouldn't have been effective as 'punishment' in your case... Then again, you may have other uses for soap too...)

BartS

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2010
/\/¯¯¯¯\/\/ South Africa
I would have liked to do this review on Video, but unfortunately I have some puter problems, that are taking longer to sort out than anticipated. For that reason, I will include some photographs.

Just to clarify, I do not own a multi meter, so all my observation and purely based on the experiencing the device and not any scientific testing.

EM-Riva1.jpg

In the box:
In the very nice gold and black box, I got two 750 mah batteries, a cone (the portion that covers the atty) two 510 atty’s, a USB charger, a wall socket adapter for the USB charger and 10 cartridges. Inside the box, I also got a very nice little manual. I know some guys on the forum did say that they did not receive the manual. In that case, the manual can be downloaded from the East Mall Web site in PDF format. I hardly ever read manuals, since I normally see manuals, just as a way for the manufacturer to cover him self. This one I did read, and I was amazed by the amount of really useful information contained in it. The manual contains useful information from conditioning the batteries the correct way, to maintaining your atty’s.

EM-Riva13.jpg

First Impressions:
I received my white EM-Riva, 17 days ago. My first impressions on the white were: white and me do not go together well. I thought within days, the device would most probably be brown. Not true. The colour is very sturdy, and after 17 days of continues use it still looks like new. The colour seem to be sprayed on, and I also though that it would chip and scratch easily. This was also not the case. Over the last 17 days mine was either in my pocket, or standing on my desk, or my cars ashtray (where it does bounce around), without a scratch or mark on it. The colour is not a gloss white, but a silky kind of a white.

EM-Riva5.jpg

The Cone:
The cone I also quite like. There are guys on the forum saying, that the cone does make the draw a bit more difficult on the device. This is not my experience at all. What I did find though, is that without the cone, the 510 atty does have a rather load whistling sound, where if I put the cone on, there is absolutely no whistling. In the case if you do drip, and you might miss the atty a bit, the messy portion stays within the cone, and is not all over the device. The time when I find the cone does stiffen the draw is when using a 510 cartomiser. I have not tested this yet, but I thing if you remove the sticker from the cartomiser, this could solve it though. I am so in love with the Riva 510 atomiser that I have not really got around to fiddling with the cartomiser.

EM-Riva4.jpg

The Battery:
Wow. I was totally flabbergasted with the battery life on this device. I am a really heavy vapour, and I had to do one maybe two-battery changes on a day. That would be in an average 17-hour day. I do not even use my pass trough at the moment. The switch is located in a gold band on the battery. It is a tactile silicone switch that glows blue on activation. The switch is superb. There is absolutely no problem it pressing it, the touch is soft, and it fires every time on both batteries that I have. The switch is also of such a nature, that I put the device in my pants or shirt pocket without any concern that it might go off accidentally. Pressing the switch is a precise, yet not difficult operation. The other part of the battery, that really impresses me, is the fact that the battery does not seem to lessen the vapour as it wears down. The vapour is constant, until the time that the blue light flashes continuously, telling you that the battery needs recharging.

EM-Riva7.jpg

The Atty:
The atty is a 510, with a gold band at the bottom. As far as my information goes, it is a normal atty, but somehow it just feels better than a normal 510 atty. I have not played around with the atty on other devices either, but it just seems to hit the sweet spot each and every time. Whether that is the atty, the battery, or just the combination, I do not know. I have been using the device with EM peanut butter 24mg diluted 50/50 with PG and VG. I also did use the EM LR atty’s, and it works perfectly on the Riva, with a TH to die for.

EM-Riva12.jpg

Overall view:
I think this device would be equally suited for newbies and experienced vapours. I quickly moved from the normal Minnie kind of devices to mods, since, the normal Minnie e-sig devices was just not doing it for me. Whether this device is to be classified as a mod, I do not know. In my classification, it is between a normal
e-cigarette (Minnie) and a Mod. After 17 days of continual use, there is nothing negative that I can say about this device. I was totally amazed by its vapour production and reliability.

I can not wait for the Riva PT.

smokelots.gif

dskarpus

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
Manhattan Upper West Side
Ok - let me talk about the Riva after using it for two months.
1) Charging: Always charges quickly. I don't check how long, but when I pass by the charger it's green and fully charged. Not a fake green (needs more time) but fully charged. I bought a Multimeter and checked it a few times so I know this for a fact.
2) Carrying around: I bought a nice neck lanyard which fits well and looks good. But most times I just stick it in my pocket with the change, bills and loose credit cards. It never goes off, never burns a hole, gets hot, leaks or abuses me in any way. I can put it in the pocket of my white pants with no fear. Does not discharge at all.
3) Vaping: I used to carry several batteries, models, atomizers and juices. I was afraid that one or more would die on me. The Riva lasts a long time. How long? I can't tell you, because I change the battery 2-3 times a day. Never 4. It rarely dies on me. When it dies (fatal blinking) it's dead. No burning, no foul taste. My backup is always ready. I can go with confidence. 1 extra battery, 1 extra Atomizer and juice. No fear.
4) Durability: Yes, I abuse my Riva. I drop it. I put it down and sometimes it will roll off the table. Rarely fall off because the button stops the rolling. The finish is excellent. No chipping, just a few small scratches. The threads still look original.
5) How do I vape thee, Riva: Atomizer, LR Atomizer, Cartomizer. All good, strike that, all excellent. In every way. I DO NOT CLEAN MY RIVA MIZERS. They last so long, I don't care. My belief: they don't die because the battery fully vapes, then quits suddenly. I think vaping on a semi-charged battery is what kills mizers. Of course I try to keep them wet. They also don't drip out, due to the cone construction. All I know is, I bought bunches of all three mizers and I still have bunches. My pile of questionable mizers has not grown.
6) Cleaning the Riva: when I change batteries, I clean the cone and battery indentation with a dry cue tip. I leave a half wet (one half is wet) rag to wipe the outside of the pieces, and dry with the dry side of the rag.
7) Vape quality: BIG, even after two months.
8) Recommendation: For a veteran user, a must have. Especially while walking. For a newbie heavy (pack or more a day) smoker it is perfect with little fuss or muss. If a newbie is a 3 pack a day, once they get used to the Riva, the Indulgence is perfect.
9) Miscellanea: I did the charge instruction. Couldn't hurt. I use my Indulgences when I'm stationary. I have more mods to compare them to. This is not a comparison but a straightforward review. Button works everytime, everytime. For its' size it has great power. Brings out the taste of whatever liquid you use. For the Riva I like USA MIX, DK-TAB, CHOCOLATE CREAM, and RY4, in that order. No drawbacks.
10) Anything I left out. Oh, the box is nice.

Ok - let me talk about the Riva after using it for two months.
1) Charging: Always charges quickly. I don't check how long, but when I pass by the charger it's green and fully charged. Not a fake green (needs more time) but fully charged. I bought a Multimeter and checked it a few times so I know this for a fact.
2) Carrying around: I bought a nice neck lanyard which fits well and looks good. But most times I just stick it in my pocket with the change, bills and loose credit cards. It never goes off, never burns a hole, gets hot, leaks or abuses me in any way. I can put it in the pocket of my white pants with no fear. Does not discharge at all.
3) Vaping: I used to carry several batteries, models, atomizers and juices. I was afraid that one or more would die on me. The Riva lasts a long time. How long? I can't tell you, because I change the battery 2-3 times a day. Never 4. It rarely dies on me. When it dies (fatal blinking) it's dead. No burning, no foul taste. My backup is always ready. I can go with confidence. 1 extra battery, 1 extra Atomizer and juice. No fear.
4) Durability: Yes, I abuse my Riva. I drop it. I put it down and sometimes it will roll off the table. Rarely fall off because the button stops the rolling. The finish is excellent. No chipping, just a few small scratches. The threads still look original.
5) How do I vape thee, Riva: Atomizer, LR Atomizer, Cartomizer. All good, strike that, all excellent. In every way. I DO NOT CLEAN MY RIVA MIZERS. They last so long, I don't care. My belief: they don't die because the battery fully vapes, then quits suddenly. I think vaping on a semi-charged battery is what kills mizers. Of course I try to keep them wet. They also don't drip out, due to the cone construction. All I know is, I bought bunches of all three mizers and I still have bunches. My pile of questionable mizers has not grown.
6) Cleaning the Riva: when I change batteries, I clean the cone and battery indentation with a dry cue tip. I leave a half wet (one half is wet) rag to wipe the outside of the pieces, and dry with the dry side of the rag.
7) Vape quality: BIG, even after two months.
8) Recommendation: For a veteran user, a must have. Especially while walking. For a newbie heavy (pack or more a day) smoker it is perfect with little fuss or muss. If a newbie is a 3 pack a day, once they get used to the Riva, the Indulgence is perfect.
9) Miscellanea: I did the charge instruction. Couldn't hurt. I use my Indulgences when I'm stationary. I have more mods to compare them to. This is not a comparison but a straightforward review. Button works everytime, everytime. For its' size it has great power. Brings out the taste of whatever liquid you use. For the Riva I like USA MIX, DK-TAB, CHOCOLATE CREAM, and RY4, in that order. No drawbacks.
10) Anything I left out. Oh, the box is nice.

i agree totaly, awesome product. great hits and never fails to amaze me. i too love the usa mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread