Status
Not open for further replies.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I have very numb hands that make it hard for me to hold onto things. I am starting out using an itaste vv with a kanger unitank, chosen based on the recommendations I received here for a setup that would work well for me, and so far it is working out great (thanks again).

The problem is that I am having problems finding a juice that I like, and am looking at trying some, like cinnamon, that may be a problem with the unitank since it is polycarbonate. Part of what is great for me about the unitank is that I don't have to take it off to fill it, and I haven't seen any others like that.

So my questions are what would be the easiest glass tanks to fill, and how breakable are they? (Holding on to small objects is not one of my strong points.) Would it make more sense to get one better glass one or a set of cheaper ones? Or should I just give up for now on the "difficult" flavors?:blush:

TruckDrivinMama

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2013
CA, USA
Hi amoret,
I just bought myself a Vision Vivi Nova V fate tank. Easy to fill just like the itaste, which i also have. The V fate is glass enclosed by metal outside for durability if you are worried about breaking it. Found the taste to be awesome. But for some clear liquids it can be tricky to see because of the metal casing outside. My liquid is dark so its no problem for me. Even though my hubbys menthol liquid is clear, i had no problems with refill seeing the liquid level from the top.

They sell large and mini versions of the v fate. I bought the mini version because i thought the side port looked larger therefore easier to see and it was slim and sleek.

03FXDWG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2013
East Central, Missouri
You could use cartos instead. They are cheap enough to throw away if the cinnamon starts to be a problem. I've been running a cinna-mint and an apple-cinnamon for 2 months through Kanger EVODs and have had no problems at all. Most of the people that I have heard talk about tank crackers were using Vivi Novas. I originally had an iClear 16 with my apple cinnamon in it and it did etch the plastic but it didn't leak or crack in the 6 weeks I had it before I accidentally killed it.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Protanks have pretty thick glass and so much of it is metal, it's pretty durable. If you filled it on a table over a carpeted floor you shouldn't have a problem. I've dropped mine on hardwood many times without issue.

You fill Protanks upside down and sometimes I will get a juice bottle that is so hard to squeeze I can't do it with one hand. This is what I do is:

1) Put some paper towel in an empty medicine bottle.
2) Turn the Protank upside down and take off the base.
3) Slide a Q-tip up the center air flow tube, which blocks any liquid getting down it.
4) Put the upside down tank into the medicine bottle for stability, then I can use both hands to squeeze the bottle.
5) When it's filled up just to where the metal part starts at the bottom, I take it out, remove the Q-tip, use the clean end of the Q-tip (or paper towel) to wipe off the bottom.
6) Screw the base back on and I'm done.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Smoktech makes giant sized cartomizers that can hold 4.5 ml of juice. They have a large rubber whistle-shaped drip tip like the cigarillo's have that should be easy enough to twist off to fill. Not glass but stainless steel (with black covering).

xxxxldualcoilcartomizer.jpg Smoktek XXXXL (4XL) 510 Dual Coil Cartomizers - AltSmoke

Smoktech Pyrex Glass Vivi Nova Tank

Pyrex (glass) ViVi Nova tank holds about 3.5 ml of e-liquid so you can vape any type of liquid (cinnamon, lemon etc).

The Vivi Nova tank comes with a 2.4 ohm Single coil heating element installed. Replacement Coils available in different resistances.
Pyrex glass tank is covered by Metal sleeve with Viewing window to guage liquid level. Threaded ends on tank tube are non-removeable. Top, and bottom caps unscrew from tube for disassembly.

3) Slide a Q-tip up the center air flow tube, which blocks any liquid getting down it.

I don't know why I never thought of this. Awesome tip.

For a long time I used a carto tank. I can get pre-punched and flanged Smok brand cartomizers locally for $11 per box of 5. Fairly cheap and I only had to replace them about once every two weeks. Smok also makes a pyrex glass DCT tank for the punched cartos, I picked up mine for $15.

I also second the Protank. A bit more expensive but it will also serve as a good segway to RDA and RBA atomizers as you can start rebuilding your coil heads instead of just replacing them. I was never a fan of the stock coil heads on the protanks, kept burning the wick, but after I learned to rebuild and did one with 2mm Ekowool and a 28g Kanthal micro coil I could see the appeal. The new Protank2 also has a replaceable drip tip so you're not stuck with the chrome mouth piece. One person I knew always complained that he could taste the chrome and didn't like it.

Scarey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2013
Lafayette, IN, USA
I don't know why I never thought of this. Awesome tip.

For a long time I used a carto tank. I can get pre-punched and flanged Smok brand cartomizers locally for $11 per box of 5. Fairly cheap and I only had to replace them about once every two weeks. Smok also makes a pyrex glass DCT tank for the punched cartos, I picked up mine for $15.

I also second the Protank. A bit more expensive but it will also serve as a good segway to RDA and RBA atomizers as you can start rebuilding your coil heads instead of just replacing them. I was never a fan of the stock coil heads on the protanks, kept burning the wick, but after I learned to rebuild and did one with 2mm Ekowool and a 28g Kanthal micro coil I could see the appeal. The new Protank2 also has a replaceable drip tip so you're not stuck with the chrome mouth piece. One person I knew always complained that he could taste the chrome and didn't like it.

I also love the Q-tip idea. I'm not entirely sure how well a person with dexterity issues would fare in the rebuild field, though.

30calSolution

Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Austin,TX
Let me start off by saying I'm a dct carto tank guy. I vape a strong cinnamon juice and even add some cinnamon oil to my remade cinnacide.

If you intend on using a cinnamon juice then I would go with a dct carto tank, just pull out the drip tip..twist the tank up a bit and refil.
I now love my Protank 2's, both the full size and mini, but to refill you will need to remove them from your PV and unscrew the bottom portion then fill and place back on the PV.

If your not going to do the cinnamon or other juices that will etch/melt/crack and weaken polycarbonate tanks then I would suggest the iclear 16. Great vape and just unscrew the top portion and fill, no need to remove anything.

Those are the least expensive options. There are other more expensive options that are smaller and made of Pyrex or polypropylene and are easy to use as well. Like the vivis etc.

I may have a record for being a member the longest time without posting-2009. One of the reasons is numbness in my hands. I drop everything. In spite of this I do build coils and spend a great deal of time searching for and retrieving dropped screws, etc. I just got the Russian 91% and I love it. To answer your question, I think the Protank 2 is pretty easy, and is glass. As far as juice, for me it has been trial and error. There are great ones and many not so great. I have bought no less than 500 bottles over the last four years.

Have you tried the Davide? It has Kanger style heads and is easily fillable from the bottom with two holes for ease of filling.

I just ordered the "Special Edition" gold Davide from Viper-Vape. I expect it to be almost the same as the Kanger. I didn't know it had two holes for filling.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Thanks, the medicine bottle idea might make using a bottom fill doable. It is really hard for me to hold anything small in my left hand. I'll also look into cartos, if they are just pretty much fill and go it would work, but anything that takes much fiddling is kind of out.

The medicine bottle would work with top coil clearos too, basically anything you want to put down and keep in place - you just add more paper towel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread