Easy to use setup for my Aunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Melton

Apr 27, 2016
For a person who isn't vary tech savvy, I would personally recommend the ego AIO. Or at least a variable wattage device. Coupled with a nautilus mini or possibly a subtank mini if that isn't too complicated. You can buy kangertech coils from pretty much any B&M store. Best wishes and happy early birthday!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Between the iStick Basic and the AIO...I'd choose the AIO personally. I'm female, and probably about your aunt's age, and I smoked for 42 years. The style, size, simplicity, etc. of the AIO seems better to me. It's also now the most highly recommended device for giving a more smoking-like experience for new vapers!

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
OH, I don't know if you've even considered this one, but I bought a Kanger Evod Mega Kit this past week because a friend mentioned it was good and pretty inexpensive! I'm liking it so far.

I still have and use a variety of set-ups at different times and places. Styles/types include all kinds of set-ups, from my old JoyeTech 510 starter kit to a couple Sigelei 50w mods...with some MVP 2.0 box mods, some iStick Mini 10w mods, Innokin 16D clearos, Mini Protanks and Aerotanks, thrown in there in between! The new Evod Mega Kit looks nice and sleek with its matching tank, the battery is 1900mAh and holds a decent charge, coils are easy to change, etc.

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
For a person who isn't vary tech savvy, I would personally recommend the ego AIO. Or at least a variable wattage device. Coupled with a nautilus mini or possibly a subtank mini if that isn't too complicated. You can buy kangertech coils from pretty much any B&M store. Best wishes and happy early birthday!

She seemed pretty against the adjustment factor of the vv/vw devices when I last talked to her. I'm not sure the Nautilus or subtank would work with a fixed battery unfortunately.

The AIO wouldn't be my first choice as I have a couple, and though the concept is awesome the coils can be rather finicky and don't always wick well (depending on juice) and if she gets dry hits it may turn her off completely. The istick with a Nautilus mini would be and awesome choice IMHO.

Thanks for bringing up possible wicking issues with AIO. She doesn't like the idea of having to adjust the iStick unfortunately.

E-grips work extremely well too

I haven't seen the E-grips before, I'll check them out.

Between the iStick Basic and the AIO...I'd choose the AIO personally. I'm female, and probably about your aunt's age, and I smoked for 42 years. The style, size, simplicity, etc. of the AIO seems better to me. It's also now the most highly recommended device for giving a more smoking-like experience for new vapers!

OH, I don't know if you've even considered this one, but I bought a Kanger Evod Mega Kit this past week because a friend mentioned it was good and pretty inexpensive! I'm liking it so far.

I still have and use a variety of set-ups at different times and places. Styles/types include all kinds of set-ups, from my old JoyeTech 510 starter kit to a couple Sigelei 50w mods...with some MVP 2.0 box mods, some iStick Mini 10w mods, Innokin 16D clearos, Mini Protanks and Aerotanks, thrown in there in between! The new Evod Mega Kit looks nice and sleek with its matching tank, the battery is 1900mAh and holds a decent charge, coils are easy to change, etc.

Thanks JCinFLA is seems to me that she definitely wants simple. I think she was haones a hard time invisioning the differences when I talked to her about the different ones but it would surprise me if she picked the iStick basic at this point honestly. I'll check out the Evod Mega kit as well, I don't think I've seen it before. Are the coils the same and the kanger pro tanks/EMOW?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I'll check out the Evod Mega kit as well, I don't think I've seen it before. Are the coils the same and the kanger pro tanks/EMOW?

It takes the new dual coil (with the totally enclosed wicks) for Aerotank series/Evod Mega/Protank3/ Mini Protank3/EMOW series/Genitank series.

By the way, it's very well-made & has a solid feel to it. I just measured & weighed it with the empty tank on top to give you an idea of its feel in the hand. It's: 6 1/2" long, 3/4" in diameter, and weighs 3.8ozs. It's definitely something she'll know she has in her hand, so I'm wondering now if it may be heavier/slightly bulkier than she'd like as a starter. For me, since I'm used to box mods as well, it's fine.

You'll want to check several vendors for the kit if you decide to go with the Evod Mega Kit. There's a pretty good price difference among the various websites. Some also have coupon codes in effect now, too!

Something else to consider that wouldn't be nearly the size nor weight, but still gives a decent vape & to let her see if she even likes vaping...would be one of the Evod 650mAh Starter Kits. I've bought about a dozen of them for friends, relatives, etc. that I've been helping to switch from smoking to vaping. Got them from VaporEngine.com on sale about 4-5 months ago. They're a wonderful company to deal witth, too. Always great Customer Service, fast shipping, great products, etc. Now...they have the Evod kits on an even better Blowout Sale!

Whats in the box:

2 X ego style batteries 650 mAh
2 X clearomizer
5 X heating coil (2.2ohm)
1 X USB cable
1 X AC Power Adapter (US/CA)
1 X manual

Kits are still available in 6 different colors...for $8.99/kit + S/H! Just a box of the 5 coils are that much from many places!

KangerTech Evod Starter Kit

Reactions: glointhedark

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
Got an email from VaporEngine this afternoon...reminding people their Blowout Sale prices end tonight at midnight, in case you're interested in the above Evod Kit.

Thanks JCinFLA,

I talked to my aunt and she likes the idea of the Evod kits at least for now, she likes that they are so small and easy. I actually ordered one a few mins ago. :)

Also with the low cost I'll be able to get her a $50 gift certificate for the local store so she'll be able to get juice/coils for a while. Or use it towards a better set later if she decides she needs/wants it.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
@frizzy_tyger - Glad she decided she'd like to try the Evod Kit. Based on my personal experience, and with getting other local 50+ yr. old people to at least try vaping...the smaller form factor is usually more preferred. I think your Aunt will be pleased with it, too.

It was a super deal, wasn't it? Not only the low price...but it provides her with a backup while 1 is charging, as well as the 5 coils! Even if she does get an upgrade later, the Evods can always be dependable backups for her.

Your gift card idea sounds great, too. What a thoughtful, considerate niece you are...to help your Aunt out like this!

:)

frizzy_tyger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2015
North Carolina
@frizzy_tyger - Glad she decided she'd like to try the Evod Kit. Based on my personal experience, and with getting other local 50+ yr. old people to at least try vaping...the smaller form factor is usually more preferred. I think your Aunt will be pleased with it, too.

It was a super deal, wasn't it? Not only the low price...but it provides her with a backup while 1 is charging, as well as the 5 coils! Even if she does get an upgrade later, the Evods can always be dependable backups for her.

Your gift card idea sounds great, too. What a thoughtful, considerate niece you are...to help your Aunt out like this!

:)

Thanks JCinFLA!

It was a great deal. My aunt has been like a second mom to me so I hope she's arround for a long time still, and I hope vaping will help make that happen. :)

pokemom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2014
Lauderhill, Florida, United States
Thanks everyone after talking to my aunt she doesn't want to adjust things really, and the local shops don't carry the endura coils (she'd rather buy them in person than online).

So we are down to the iStick Basic and joyetecg ego AIO. I think we might just head over to one of the shops thid weekend so she can look at them and see which she likes and also try some juices.

If there's anything with either I may not have thought about or another that might fit the bill thoughts are still welcome.

Thank you everyone for you're help.
Then go for the joytech ego aio. It takes joytech's "Cubis" coils, which is a pretty popular tank, so check with your vape shop, but they still be readily available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread