Easy way to up VG ratio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
I don’t make my juices myself, but I’ve bought two 60 ml of 50/50 VG/PG juices that I really like, but I had forgotten that I’m a little bit allergic (or sensitive) to PG. I immediately started to feel it again, so I wonder if there is way to get something to mix it with, to up its VG ratio? I guess I wouldn’t mind loosing some of its flavor, because as it is now, I’m not enjoying it.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Pop into the local Boots and pick up some VG
fmm53t.jpg

Cheers
I

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I don’t make my juices myself, but I’ve bought two 60 ml of 50/50 VG/PG juices that I really like, but I had forgotten that I’m a little bit allergic (or sensitive) to PG. I immediately started to feel it again, so I wonder if there is way to get something to mix it with, to up its VG ratio? I guess I wouldn’t mind loosing some of its flavor, because as it is now, I’m not enjoying it.

Why don't you just buy the Same Flavor e-liquid in the Same mg/ml as what you have, but in 100% VG? Then Mix what you Have with what you Bought.

No Loss of Flavor.
No Decrease in mg/ml.

KurtVD

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2018
Switzerland
Why don't you just Buy the Same Flavor e-liquid in the Same mg/ml as what you have, but in 100% VG? Then Mix what you Have with what you Bought.

No Loss of Flavor.
No Decrease in mg/ml.
One of these is homemade from a local shop, only available in this one ratio, but the other one is from a larger brand, I will check.

And I’ll add my location:)

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
One of these is homemade from a local shop, only available in this one ratio, but the other one is from a larger brand, I will check.

And I’ll add my location:)

If it's Homemade by a Local Shop, you might ask them if they could make you a Batch that has No Added PG.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Yep, unflavored same level nic in VG is going to be your best choice, probably. Depending on how much you want to up your level, well yes you may have slight flavor loss but depending on how strong it is, you may be okay.

If made locally they may be willing to sell you a flavor shot, which means you could add more flavor too. Not sure if it's worth it depending on how much juice you have.

Alternately, you could just take ALL the juice to the store and ask them to make it higher VG. If they're mixologists, they can probably do that for you for less than starting over with a whole flavor.

Best of luck,

Anna

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015

About the one that's homemade at a local shop...maybe a short, honest, conversation with the shop owner would have good results, for both of you. Most shop owners want people to be repeat customers.

I'd start off with a compliment...by telling him/her that you liked their eliquid and that you're interested in possibly regularly buying it. Then explain about your PG sensitivity, and that the 50/50 ratio is bothersome when you vape it. Ask if it's possible to have what you buy made at maybe a 70VG/30PG ratio (or at whatever ratio you know doesn't cause you problems). Maybe you could even say you'd call them a day or so before you wanted to buy it, so they can have it ready ahead of time. (Some shops here don't do custom eliquids simply because they don't always have the time nor enough employees each day, to custom make eliquids while also waiting on customers.) He/she just might be agreeable to do it, if it means they'd have a happy, repeat customer.

Just a little info for you here - It doesn't take any longer to make eliquid at 1 ratio or any other, nor is it any more difficult for the maker to do it. There's no real cost difference for the ingredients to do it, either. IMO, they may just have all 50/50 eliquids because of what I mentioned above, about time and manpower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread