Not open for further replies.

CJsKee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2009
Oklahoma
I thought it was the other way around. :confused:

Overall good interview.

I kinda agree with this, BigJim...I thought Cunningham's comments were excellent. Just seemed to me like the ECA was sort of...not exactly non-commital...but hesitant to really speak out for e-cigs. I realize there is not a lot of science yet, but there is a lot of logic. Overall it was great positive publicity.

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
Really? Why? (I ask so that we can definitely take your comments into consideration considering there are at least two more of these coming in the next week!)

Well, overall the ECA guy did a good job, but to me, he skirted around a few hard questions. Cunningham stated obvious facts and the ECA guy took the middle of the road route, and he sounded very uncomfortable. He stuck with the "vapor vs smoke" theme and Cunningham got bored with it and went off on his own pro-ecig tangent.

Cunningham sounds like ME. :D

If I were this guy, when confronted with the questions, I would have simply said "Well, there are scientific studies that conclude that the vapor from the electronic cigarette is far safer than a conventional cigarettes. While it is still an unknown, what IS known is that they are far safer than real cigarettes, with virtually no risks regarding second hand smoke." I would have owned the interview at that point. ;)

I would have been likely confronted with the question "Why do you believe that?" and would have answered, "The FDA report listed the trace carcinogens in the electronic cigarette yet failed to list the carcinogens in the real things, which far exceed the list and amounts found in the e-cigs. You do the math."

Interview over. I would have gone in as a tiger. Cunningham is a staunch critic of the government, and I am glad to see him on our side. ;)

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
I kinda agree with this, BigJim...I thought Cunningham's comments were excellent. Just seemed to me like the ECA was sort of...not exactly non-commital...but hesitant to really speak out for e-cigs. I realize there is not a lot of science yet, but there is a lot of logic. Overall it was great positive publicity.

Yes, this is the exact point I was making.

When one hesitates in battle, you lose. :(

BigJimW

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 17, 2009
Warwick, RI
www.moonport.org
BigJim -

Thank you for the honest observation. I would certainly expect nothing less from you ;)

I will make sure that the ECA views your comments and reviews for the upcoming interviews.

Thanks Lacey. I just don't want ya all to take it the wrong way. ECA did a good job, but there were so many opportunities.

I wish I were interviewed by Cunningham. Both of us would have gone for a beer after. :D

Last edited:

nojoyet

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2009
Canada, near Vancouver

Agreed.

Thanks for the link; and as Kate51 says it was a great step up the ladder and Bill Cunningham came on strong for us.

Had I been the person interviewed I likely would have been too nervous to speak. That being said, the ECA spokesperson does need to sound certain and informed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread