Ecig carcinogenic article

Status
Not open for further replies.

onoua

Aug 7, 2008
Any thoughts on this?

It seems to be undocumented. What does it mean by alkaloida?

nationmultimedia.com/2008/08/25/national/national_30081338.php

Electric cigarettes in killer shock - doctors

By The Nation
Published on August 25, 2008

Using electronic cigarettes to quit smoking is hazardous to your health and nervous system. They cram too much nicotine into your blood, a study reveals.

Mahidol University dental school researcher Dr Varanant Buejeap says electronic cigarettes contain nicotine and 28 carcinogenic substances, such as alkaloida, which releases substances that have amphetaminelike effects.

What could happen

This increases blood pressure and lipids in blood vessels. This makes the heart work harder and can lead to heart failure and sexual dysfunction.

She said nicotine released by the electronic cigarette is absorbed into blood vessels faster than regular cigarettes and will stay in the body longer than nicotine chewing gum.

So, the electronic cigarette is not recommended as a tool to quit smoking.
"It is better to just stop smoking or do not smoke an electronic cigarette if you are using nicotine gum. They will not help much. Instead it will cause lung, liver and mouth cancers," she said.

icemanmaz

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2008
U.K. Halifax West Yorkshire
Any thoughts on this?

It seems to be undocumented. What does it mean by alkaloida?

nationmultimedia.com/2008/08/25/national/national_30081338.php

Electric cigarettes in killer shock - doctors

By The Nation
Published on August 25, 2008

Using electronic cigarettes to quit smoking is hazardous to your health and nervous system. They cram too much nicotine into your blood, a study reveals.

Mahidol University dental school researcher Dr Varanant Buejeap says electronic cigarettes contain nicotine and 28 carcinogenic substances, such as alkaloida, which releases substances that have amphetaminelike effects.

What could happen

This increases blood pressure and lipids in blood vessels. This makes the heart work harder and can lead to heart failure and sexual dysfunction.

She said nicotine released by the electronic cigarette is absorbed into blood vessels faster than regular cigarettes and will stay in the body longer than nicotine chewing gum.

So, the electronic cigarette is not recommended as a tool to quit smoking.
"It is better to just stop smoking or do not smoke an electronic cigarette if you are using nicotine gum. They will not help much. Instead it will cause lung, liver and mouth cancers," she said.

There is already a post by tropical bob on this have a look at it

epoxi

Supplier
Sep 24, 2008
Switzerland
every time a such non developped article come out, I think it's maybe some kind of indirect disinformation/manipulation from the cigarette industry...

As by the past (first come of medical warning on cigarettes in the 50ies for exemple), the cigarette industrials are the more interessed in making research on the danger (and only the danger) of electronic cigarettes, it represent a small investment for them to scare and make the people doubt... And the media will obviously relay those given information widely.

Be sure that they are aware of the expansion of the e-cig in the world, and since it makes a menace for them they will do or try to do somethings... And they have much more money and power than the e-cigs fabrics and marginal customers if I can say ;)

That said I'm aware and preocupated of all those e-cigs unknowed consequences, PG and others chemicals... But as some have said there, what compared to an industrial regular cigarette ?!

DeviLFisH

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2008
:oops: e cig I should said is mean for easy puffing at home and indoor?

for my case is like another alternative to smoke.another hobby?

but after e cig my nicotine intake is high ,

why?because i used to smoke low tar , low nicotine real cig,

after e cig , I switched back to marboloro red.which contain higher tar and nicotine..! shame on me I should said.

gotto control my mind and soul ....:oops: not to smoke too much..on real cig and e cig .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread