ecig commercial on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
Just saw on TV (Weather Channel) a commercial for ezsmoker.com. Too bad it's one of those overpriced subscription deals.

"We are going to let you try the complete Ezsmoker system, which includes the Charger, re-chargeable battery, atomizer and filter, a $130 value. (Each cartridge is equal to about a pack and a half of cigarettes) When you see the great results and want to continue to use Ezsmoker you will need more filters for your unit, so starting today and every 30 days thereafter we will send you a fresh supply of 15 filter cartridges (roughly a month supply) at the promotional price of just $69.95 billed to the card you used today, and all we ask is that you cover the $9.95 shipping and handling. Which you can customize or discontinue anytime just by calling the Customer Care at 1-877-5-FLASH-1."

Eddie.Willers

ECF Wiki SysOp
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
Prairie Canada
Well, one has to applaud the cojones of the businesspeople behind it for trying to make money. The mark-ups, however, are only possible due to the widespread ignorance of the true value of these products - but what they are worth to someone trying to quit regular tobacco cigs? Who can say...

Vap0rJay

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Maryland
I wonder how many people jumped on that not knowing what we do. THAT'S the kind of advertisement that should be banned. ECF should make a commercial and get people to join or at least become more educated.

There's already great stuff on youtube. Problem is 1, $$$ to air the commercial and 2, getting a station that isn't in the gov't pockets to air it...

Boodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2011
Las Vegas, NV, USA
altcig.com
Paid $190 for my e-cig at the mall, a 51 Trio. I assumed they could be found cheaper online but they got me with the lifetime battery warranty and being local. I exchanged batts 3x in 2 weeks, ha. Yeah, I paid too much but haven't had an analog in 4 and a half months. So far that trio kit has helped 3 people quit analogs. Deal!

Critter Man

ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2010
Minnesota
Just saw this commercial today. Okay, so question...isn't advertising tobacco products on tv banned or is that just cigs? If so, how does the tobacco product ruling affect this commercial being aired?

Advertizing companies have lots of lawyers to make sure they don't get into trouble. They're in a pretty grey area, so until a judge says otherwise, they can advertise.

ChipCurtis

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2009
Hey, my first e-cig was through a "free trial" scam, but hey, live and learn. At least the exposure got out to me, it was the first time I heard about e-cigs. In fact, as I sit here right now, I am puffing away on a Super-Mini using an atomizer that I first bought with that kit (Nov 09). Still works! Nice throat hit too, from what turned out to be a run-of-the-mill RN4081. It sat in the drawer for almost a year after trying out some 3 or 4 other models. Sure it was overpriced (paid $100 for what should have cost $30) but it still works! Can't say I didn't get my money's worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread