Ecig question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Hey all, I am in the process of cleaning all my old evod, pt mini coils, and getting ready to rebuild/rewick them all, in hope to re gift them and some ego batteries to a smoker. Question is. it's been so long since I've used an ego battery, what is the best ohms the coils should be at for a decent vape that will work on the ego battery? I have an Ego C-twist,not sure on the mah size it's a long one, a very old I think 650mah ego from cignot (wow that was when they first came out) and a evod style battery not sure on the mah size it's a little bit bigger than the 650mah.

Not sure if this post should of gone in the coil building area, if so I'm sorry.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Thanks for that info Sue, I think I'll build a couple at 1.8 and 2.0's to be on the good side of things. Who ever I give these to I want them to have a good experience with vaping.

(ps. your name through me off. I saw Susan~S and said wait a min thats not me...lol my last name is with an S too...)

Now I understand; you are going to wrap the coils yourself;
well it that case you have to know what wire you are using.
use steam engine coil calculator, and assume about 5 watts from those ego batteries.

if you have 30 gauge kanthal, then about 1.5 ohms I think.
32 gauge you should be able to make a 2 ohm coil

If you have 28 gauge, that might be too thick to run a coil off an ego batt

Sue1971

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2010
Mass
Now that I'm talking about it and you guys suggestions it's starting to come back to me. I always used a little yellow handle screw driver (have no idea the size) but it fit in the slots of the base, just couldn't remember how many wraps I did. I am never one to write things down. And I'm learning very quickly now dabbing in diy, that one should always write recipes down..lol

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Try a rounded toothpick with the 32g. I use one and 5 wraps gives me 1.8ish. It is what I put in my PT heads.

I never write my diy down. Always a different liquid that has everything I like in it with just a slight difference to keep it newish. I eyeball everything. How many chefs use a recipe book? If you know what you like it is pretty easy not to mess it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread