Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Please fill these online questionnaires on ecigarettes and other methods of smoking cessation:

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VZPCPWX - This is CASAA's survey

Stop-tabac: Questionnaire for current and former users of electronic cigarettes

This is part of a project being run by the University of Geneva, Switzerland and the results will be published.

We looked at the circumstances surrounding the request, and it appears that the research is independent, connected with social / medical research into smoking cessation methods, therefore ECF supports this research project.

_______________________________ _________________________________

PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A MULTI-PAGE SURVEY
Each page's answers have to be submitted before you can progress to the next page.
If you did the survey and it only consisted of one page, then it DID NOT COMPLETE and is not valid. It will not have registered.
When the survey is complete, you do get a "Thank-you" message.
You should retry, and this time complete all pages - please.
When complete (and not until then), you will see the completion message as in the image below.

_______________________________ _________________________________

Attachments

• surveycomplete.jpg
    surveycomplete.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 56
Last edited by a moderator:

voltaire

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2009
Florida
I just completed it. The design of the survey is a little lacking and could lead to mistakes. Take extra care in the section asking about ecigs where there are multiple choices (Strongly Disagree, Somewhat Disagree, Neutral, Somewhat Agree, Strongly Agree) - because once you scroll down, you can no longer see which check-box means what. If I hadn't gone back to check my answers in that section, I would have answered the exact opposite of what I intended for a bunch of questions.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Looks as if there is a glitch on that survey, the fact that it is a multi-page survey is not clear, many people will assume that hitting the submit button is the end of it - but that's only the first page. It means that a percentage of the entries will fail.

I emailed the people running it to tell them.

@Kristin - sorry if this conflicted with a CASAA survey? Let me know what's running there and I will try to sync better in future.

As regards the climate of opinion on the forum at the Stop-Tabac site, it seems fair to assume that on a stop-smoking site run by medics there may well be a number of participants with links to pharmaceutical companies. It is up to the ecig community to publicise the fact that on anecdotal evidence, ecigarettes are far more successful for quitting smoking than any other method, and also far less harmful than some pharma products. This being the case it is hardly surprising that pharma-employed medics are not big fans. Look at what happens when research grants and funding mean that a scientist has to promote the global warming case or lose their job.

In general the ecig community has been too quiet for too long and therefore risks being marginalised or defeated since the opposing forces have unlimited funds. The only thing we have going for us are the facts, and they have no vote.

Last edited:

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
My French is a bit rusty, but it appears to be connected to a forum to help people quit smoking and to offer them support after they have quit. I was wondering why they asked so many questions about forum participation.

I will fill out the form later today. Thanks for the caution Voltaire, I will be careful with my answers.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
@Papagoatee
I believe the answer for non-smokers is 'no' to both questions.

As you say, it is not clear, because those questions should be in the 'Smokers' section, not in a part of the survey where those who already quit may be confused and answer either way.

Perhaps they should have placed the survey in front of ecig users first, for a test run.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
As a person who tried over many years many stop-smoking meds and hypnosis, I see a lot of those questions are moot to my situation, and filling out the survey would not be accurate. Mostly on the 'meds' subject. I didn't finish the survey, found some answers to some questions problematic to answer truthfully, the right answers not available or poorly worded. This looks like another ASH questionaire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread