Sep 25, 2009
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

boxhead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2009
Chico, california
mtndude, i have gotten e-cigs ( except my SDs ) with atty attached in the 13 901 kits from china, the 901 from TW england, the TW 901 from florida, the 510 came attached but not tight, the 801s came bubble wrapped in three seperate bags from dietsmoke( had fun cutting em open).

the airline pilots asso. went way overboard on their response on li-po and batterys in saying all battery power device should be banned from flights, i laughed out loud for many minutes back in aug, until i realized that if anything, those guys could do alot of damage about anything going on a plane...

Li-po batteries scare me senseless. They have an uncanny knack of flaming self destruction. At least on un regulated chargers.

Li-on on the other hand have an uncanny knack for exploding. I have not seen one first hand do this, but mainly it is straight up battery abuse in cellphones that cause this explosive reaction.
I have only ever seen and smelt one battery that cracked open and leaked.
I do however see tons of cell batteries that have been worn through the contacts, have corrosion on them and bubbled nearly to the point of bursting.

So I could see if this was possible in some remote, small freakish mishap.

unknwn

Jul 7, 2009

scrooby

ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Florida, United States
mtndude, i have gotten e-cigs ( except my SDs ) with atty attached in the 13 901 kits from china, the 901 from TW england, the TW 901 from florida, the 510 came attached but not tight, the 801s came bubble wrapped in three seperate bags from dietsmoke( had fun cutting em open).

the airline pilots asso. went way overboard on their response on li-po and batterys in saying all battery power device should be banned from flights, i laughed out loud for many minutes back in aug, until i realized that if anything, those guys could do alot of damage about anything going on a plane...

I am assuming this issue must have been taken care of sometime ago because I ordered 6 510's from 3 different suppliers and not a one had batteries attached to atty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread