Ecigs have changed so much since I last had to buy one I am completely lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia Gibbs

Moved On
Mar 22, 2018
I use to just go to my usual website and purchase my ecig. Now it is a night mare.

I had a Kangertech that I bought local and it has lasted 3 years, needless to say I loved it.

It was about 8-9 inches long over all. and about the size of a dime around. Had a large tank of the top. The battery being large stayed charged a very long time. Now I can find nothing even close to it.

I have even looked at other brands, NOTHING. I know the tank was a T3"D and they have those on their sale pages but now the batteries are totally different. Mine was a spin bottom so I could regulate the amount of vapor. Also, It has the auto battery (may be wrong name) but I did not have to push button to vape. The buttons hurt my fingers since I have arthritis.

Can anyone help me find a very reasonably priced ecig similar to this? I am 71 and this is driving me crazy. I cannot spend a lot and think my last one was a bit less then $30.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
There are a number of "twist" or "spinner" variable voltage ego-sized batteries available. Unfortunately, most all are using a button. I started with "automatics" and found the transition to a button was only uncomfortable for a few days, then it became natural.

Here's one from kanger - Kanger EVOD Twist Battery The Evod series from Kanger was what your earlier setup evolved into and may be a pretty good fit. They use the same threading as the T3 so what ever you have already should be compatible. Good luck!

Patricia Gibbs

Moved On
Mar 22, 2018
Appreciate the juul info but no it was nothing like this. It was round and had a nice mouth piece. I would buy another Kanger but it is like pulling eye teeth to get them to reply to my questions. If I would purchase the 3T'D tank and a battery then do I need any other parts? I don't recall or so that I had any parts other then those of the one that just went out.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If you don't want to push a button, that would lead me to think that perhaps a pod mod might be better for you. It seems that "ability" is getting harder to find. Or, you may find that you can locate a mod with the fire button located somewhere so that it's not so hard to "push" that might be an option.

I wish you the best of luck!

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I almost never use my finger tips anymore to push a button. I use the closest knuckle or turn the battery around and squeeze. There are easy to use box mods that have no button, just squeeze the bar on the side.
    Also there are a few clearos/tanks/atties that you just push the replacement coils into, no twisting.
    Keep checking back here, gotta be someone here with the same issues.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @Patricia Gibbs - Was just on EcigCharleston.com last night. Go take a look in their Closeout section, and you'll find several to choose from that are like, or very similar to, what you're used to. They're not very expensive either! :thumbs:

ETA: Huge discounts on closeout ECIG supplies.

The MyStart Revolver variable voltage batteries are decent. My neighbor has 1 that's been going strong for more than 2 years now. They do have a button you need to push, but you don't need to use a fingertip to push it. Use the flat part of your finger if need be.

Last edited:

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Aspire Zelos mod with the Nautilus 2 on top. Internal battery.

Pico 25 mod (very small, one battery mod). I'm not the hugest fan of the Melo tanks that accompany the mod but if you like the looks of the mod, you could put an Ego One Mega V2 tank on top, with the Joytech CLR 1.0 ohm coils. The magic is in the coils, you would need to buy the coils, too.

Innoken Zenith tank, 4 ml MTL tank, nicely built, has a 1.6 coil and a 0.8 coil. Good flavor, nice capacity and topfill, and very long lasting coils.

vapecrawler.com might be useful for you to look up vendors with good prices (both US and abroad) to see who might give you the best deal. Shipping from China can take a while, but prices are often lower.

Anna

Reactions: Vapemesilly

Steve Parry

ECF Veteran
    Mar 4, 2013
    Cookeville TN
    If not having a button is important to you, here's what you can do. This is an automatic (No button) adjustable battery.

510 Vapor Zeus Variable Voltage e Cig Battery

Your tank won't work on there though natively because the battery is 510 threaded and the tank is ego threaded, so you would need this.

510 to [eGo] Adapter

Screw the adapter on to the battery, then your tank on the adapter and away you go.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    vapecrawler.com might be useful for you to look up vendors with good prices (both US and abroad) to see who might give you the best deal.

I found out more than 2 years ago, that VapeCrawler only shows vendors who have paid to show up in their search results. So many times, the places with the best prices/deals don't appear there at all.

rollersk4te

ECF Veteran
    Oct 24, 2016
    Orlando, FL
    socialonlinebydesign.com
    Here's a whole list of twist style batteries: Twist Style VV Batteries

That website is very good to find corresponding tanks, as well...

Unfortunately I don't know of any devices that don't have a button.... but the buttons on most of the twist batteries are very sensitive to touch, so they shouldn't be too hard to push.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    I had posted here a lot but have no idea how to get back this morning as it has been a long time since I was here. You can refer to me as Pat, I use to have a toy poodle named Sassy who passed since I was here. That may help some of you remember me. Now I have a tony ShihTzu named Precious.
    Welcome and glad you joined Pat.
    Even if you found your name, might be a real admin. hassle to reinstate your first ECF ID name (esp after this one was assigned). If you like, you can search for member names in the following forum:
    https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/
    PS, might want to write down new name and pwd. and place it in a place so you won't forget like a jewelry box/night stand etc...
    Classswife closed the above "..working on getting things straightened out. This account closed - Rules"
    O.K. peeps but I need some brand names or links ty
    I believe you vaped a sound activated or air movement sensor type mod. I you choose to buy one, (as stated above) I would want the mod to activate/vape with any topper (atty I choose to mount on it) attached.This may not matter to you.
    Vape 4 life years ago did sell the sound activated device. I would call them to confirm.
    re: Best E-Cigarettes & Vape Supplies | Vapor4Life eCigs Since 2008
    Best Pod Vapes | The Next "Big" Thing in Vaping? - Vaping360

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    I use to just go to my usual website and purchase my ecig. Now it is a night mare.

I had a Kangertech that I bought local and it has lasted 3 years, needless to say I loved it.

It was about 8-9 inches long over all. and about the size of a dime around. Had a large tank of the top. The battery being large stayed charged a very long time. Now I can find nothing even close to it.

I have even looked at other brands, NOTHING. I know the tank was a T3"D and they have those on their sale pages but now the batteries are totally different. Mine was a spin bottom so I could regulate the amount of vapor. Also, It has the auto battery (may be wrong name) but I did not have to push button to vape. The buttons hurt my fingers since I have arthritis.

Can anyone help me find a very reasonably priced ecig similar to this? I am 71 and this is driving me crazy. I cannot spend a lot and think my last one was a bit less then $30.
    Kanger EVOD Twist Battery

Kanger T3S Clearomizer

MBV still sells a lot of these. I haven't read the whole thread so I don't know if someone has pointed you elsewhere. You do have to press the button, but on mine (I do still own one), just sliding a finger down works.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    I found out more than 2 years ago, that VapeCrawler only shows vendors who have paid to show up in their search results. So many times, the places with the best prices/deals don't appear there at all.
    Not quite.

It's true that the best price might not show up.

Vapecrawler uses shareasale.com though, and receives a very small commission on sales made through links originating from his site. I am fine with that--the convenience of having one site aggregate a boatload of links to vendors offering competitive prices is worth a few cents. To me, anyway. YMMV.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread