ECO - New Website: FINAL Mockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Webby

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 31, 2009
USA
Once you all get this settled, I volunteer to supply my services gratis for some sort of iPhone/iPod touch custom version of this in web app/Dashcode form.

I would have said "iPhone App" but as a licensed developer for the iPhone and a MacOS X dev with a long history of working with Apple, I have little confidence that it would make it onto the App Store.

And a (very soft, and if not apropos, can be removed) plug here: I can to this...not so gratis...for any for profit folks out there in this space. I hate going to your sites on my phone...just sayin'. :)

No but really, if you want to raise the profile a bit and possibly squeeze some press out of this, I would have NO problem whatsoever doing this for you guys.

I like to think of the group here as intelligent, forward-looking and dare I say, stylish...so why not put that on the table as well?

I wish I *could* build an "iPhone App Proper" for you guys for this. As a free app it would be cool to have at-you-fingertips info and tools (I was thinking of building a cart refill calc for myself, actually) about ECO etc, or as a 99¢ app I would have been more than happy to donate 70-80% of the sales to help support the effort. But as I said, Apple has some socio-political issues going on there that might make such a thing in the App Store difficult. Teh last time I was there (about 3 years ago) smoking was not allowed *anywhere* on Apple property.

Either way, if there is interest, do let me know guys. I'd be happy to do it.

-K

How about an RSS feed from the site once the news database is up?

I wish I *could* build an "iPhone App Proper" for you guys for this. As a free app it would be cool to have at-you-fingertips info and tools (I was thinking of building a cart refill calc for myself, actually) about ECO etc, or as a 99¢ app I would have been more than happy to donate 70-80% of the sales to help support the effort. But as I said, Apple has some socio-political issues going on there that might make such a thing in the App Store difficult. Teh last time I was there (about 3 years ago) smoking was not allowed *anywhere* on Apple property.

Considering that we aren't talking about smoking, perhaps the right app might get accepted. I was trying to think of what kind of app would be most appropriate for us, and the first thing that came to mind would be one to scientifically measure the success of various smoking alternatives. I'm thinking an app that the user can enter when they vape (or when they refill if you are a "chain vaper") and when they use any other alternative to smoking, and how many cigarettes they are using. Besides allowing people to track their own progress, they could upload their stats to be included on the website. I think it would be best if you included the ability to upload testing scripts so that we can could perform a variety of studies as needed.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Considering that we aren't talking about smoking, perhaps the right app might get accepted. I was trying to think of what kind of app would be most appropriate for us, and the first thing that came to mind would be one to scientifically measure the success of various smoking alternatives. I'm thinking an app that the user can enter when they vape (or when they refill if you are a "chain vaper") and when they use any other alternative to smoking, and how many cigarettes they are using. Besides allowing people to track their own progress, they could upload their stats to be included on the website. I think it would be best if you included the ability to upload testing scripts so that we can could perform a variety of studies as needed.

With the right amount of funding and resources, I could put together the necessary paperwork for an investigational study concerning smoking cessation. An app such as this would be extremetly helpful. I leave this option open to CASAA in the future when funding and resources become more concrete. Anybody good at writing grant applications? I could help w/ the scientific/medical backgroung necessary.

renderwerks

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 20, 2009
    SoCal - The IE
    Looks great Webby - kudos to you and your team.

I'll volunteer any images I have for website use if needed. Might even be able to do some shooting gratis. Just don't see being able to travel much - not in the budget... family and job keep me tied to the west coast pretty much as well.

If / when the online store is a reality, I'll shoot the products if you like. We can use snail mail for getting the items back and forth.

mtndude

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2009
    Roan Mountain, TN
    I'm a graphic design person, although probably no more so than a lot of the ECF members here. I think it would be good for concept art for a logo be proposed as well as some phrases to accompany the logo, as CASAA on a shirt or sticker without a message would be a missed opportunity. Granted, the spelling out of the organization itself is rather clear.

jj2

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    Anyone in the t-shirt, bumper sticker, banner or printing industry willing to come forward to print group materials at cost? I wouldn't expect anyone to go out of pocket (too deeply!) as we don't know how big this may get, but we need to start lining up manufacturers. Other than donations, I don't see how else we're going to be able to pay the start up costs for forming the organization. Selling promotional items seems like a win-win-win scenario to me.

PM me.

Why not add a $1 to every order and donate it to the cause.

Webby

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 31, 2009
    USA
    Why not add a $1 to every order and donate it to the cause.

Sounds good to me! Here are a few off the cuff mockups for a logo - the door is wide open to anyone who wants to submit samples of a logo and we'll lay them all out for the membership to decide. (although I would suggest a simple b&w version for this stage)

casaa_logo4v1.jpg

Others (in basic black and white for discussion purposes)

http://casaa.org/images/casaa_logo1.jpg
    http://casaa.org/images/casaa_logo2.jpg
    http://casaa.org/images/casaa_logo3.jpg

Last edited:

mtndude

ECF Veteran
    Sep 4, 2009
    Roan Mountain, TN
    You spelled "CASAA" wrong.

disinformation tactics.... ;)

Nice logo that swirly one.
    There is the essence of the Tao and circle inside square (heaven on earth) symbolism.

But can it compete with the professional look of mtndude's avatar, with the smile on green summit - and sizable vapor cloud ??? (http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/casaa/36492-eco-new-website-final-mockup-5.html#post585919)

heheh.. glad there is still humor around here. Microsoft Paint Rules!!

Webby's logo is nice, although somewhat corporate, it's simplicity would be easy setup for screen printing.

disinformation tactics.... ;)

heheh.. glad there is still humor around here. Microsoft Paint Rules!!

Webby's logo is nice, although somewhat corporate, it's simplicity would be easy setup for screen printing.

It has the vapor like swirl in a non-depictional form. The greenish color is a little too dark though. But I like it.

Stick-man is my second choice though :)

Soon the FDA and BP forums will be awash in talk about BC ;)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread