Eden Mods Rose 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Thanks for the answer.
Crap that's way too long. Do you have any idea if you will be able to convert the 5ml to a 2ml?

Sorry, I don't know and they are don't really give much away .

Edit, actually I do remember them saying that you just need a new shorter chimney and obviously the shorter tank section

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
The 5ml Rose3 is already a very compact atty. It looks good on any of my mods and I see no reason to get a micro sized 2ml version. When I heard that the full sized Rose3 will not be restocked in the US, I rushed to get one. I'll take a photo of the Rose3 next to a KF5mini and a regular KF5 and add it to this post in a few min...

Last edited:
Reactions: saintaylan

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I have had the Rose3 for over a week now and I can't get great flavor from it. I've tried claptons, twisted and simple coils. I'm more of a dlh and rlf any help would be appreciated.

I generally just do a 3mm Id 26g Kanthal at around 1.2ohms. Set to around 18watts. I set the coil around 1.5mm above the airflow - I get buckets of flavour with restricted lung.

I actually have a 1ohm clapton in the Rose right now, Running at 18watt and boost 3 to help with ramp up on a Dicodes. Works great in TC as well.

I will say that I am not one to hype this tank, if it wasn't for the flavour I get from it I would sell it immediately as there are some serious issues I have with it, but the flavour wins out in the end.

My other tanks are authentic - Squape R(s), Kayfun 5, Hurricane 1.3 LE which are all great flavour tanks and what I compare it to.

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
What is it that irks you about the Rose V3?

I should be fair and say that every tank has it's pros and cons.

My irks are;

AFC - new spring wire is good but the tolerance on the ring and deck allows air to pass through when completely closed off. I also don't believe it is great for MTL, but is okay.

Juice holes at the top are very small meaning you have to clean up after a fill or use a blunt needle etc.

You have to remove 3 pieces from the build deck to build on, so it is a bit more time consuming than say a Kayfun 5 or Squape R(s)

The grub screws that secure the wire are delicate and will round if you don't take extra care.

Very fiddly with thin gauge wires like 28g with the post-less deck.

Only a drip tip with fat o-rings will operate the juice flow, many standard don't work and the one supplied is not finished very well.

So this may sound like a lot of negatives, but it is a good tank and the flavour output makes me put up with things that I am not 100% happy with.

Reactions: saintaylan

Kirbys117

Oct 16, 2016
I generally just do a 3mm Id 26g Kanthal at around 1.2ohms. Set to around 18watts. I set the coil around 1.5mm above the airflow - I get buckets of flavour with restricted lung.

I actually have a 1ohm clapton in the Rose right now, Running at 18watt and boost 3 to help with ramp up on a Dicodes. Works great in TC as well.

I will say that I am not one to hype this tank, if it wasn't for the flavour I get from it I would sell it immediately as there are some serious issues I have with it, but the flavour wins out in the end.

My other tanks are authentic - Squape R(s), Kayfun 5, Hurricane 1.3 LE which are all great flavour tanks and what I compare it to.
Here is an example of one of the builds I have tried probably too many wraps. Does this look okay?

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I would try one less wrap. Maybe lower the coil a fraction. Try the good old 7 or 8 wrap 26g kanthal. I find that you just have to chuck so much power at the claptons. I think that once you find a sweet spot with a regular wire go back to the claptons and compare.

Oh, what ohm is the coil and what power are you throwing at it?

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
That build was .65 at about 35-40w. I did try some 24g kanthal 5 wraps but didn't taste good either.

Just try a 1.2ohm 26g 3mm 7 or 8 wrap, throw around 18 watts at it and see what you think. It may not be the type of build you normally do, but give it a shot - you have nothing to lose :) Close down the airflow as much as you can as well

Reactions: petemoss

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
The 5ml Rose3 is already a very compact atty. It looks good on any of my mods and I see no reason to get a micro sized 2ml version. When I heard that the full sized Rose3 will not be restocked in the US, I rushed to get one. I'll take a photo of the Rose3 next to a KF5mini and a regular KF5 and add it to this post in a few min...

It's personal preference. At 60mm height the Rose is too tall for my liking. I vape MTL so I use very little juice, 2ml is plenty for me at a time. I'd rather have a short atomiser than a longer one.

Reactions: petemoss

petemoss

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2013
Queens, NY
Just try a 1.2ohm 26g 3mm 7 or 8 wrap, throw around 18 watts at it and see what you think. It may not be the type of build you normally do, but give it a shot - you have nothing to lose :) Close down the airflow as much as you can as well
@Kirbys117 , agree with what Yonjuro said above. I use a similar build and open only half of one hole (that cloverleaf air opening). Make the draw as tight as you can stand and I think you'll get more flavor.

Reactions: Yonjuro

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
So I went ahead and bought because I can't wait for the mini version. Really hope they will come out with a "mini kit".

Initially, when they first introduced this I was critical of the larger diameter air hole. However, the fact that the chamber is still so small has no effect to flavour and MTL vaping.

This is now my favourite RTA along my Origen Tiny Tank, possibly even better, especially once the 2ml comes out. I highly recommend this to anyone who like flavour and MTL or restricted DTL vaping.

I'm interested to try and install the Kayfun V5 restrictor to see what difference is in the vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread