Editorial in Springfield Republican regarding West Springfield e-cig ban

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewlady

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
The Springfield (MA) Republican published my letter to the editor today (third letter down on the link below). Comments can be made, the comments don't appear directly under each letter, they are all lumped together at the bottom of the page. Please leave a comment about your experiences with e-cigs, if this town bans the sale of these products to adults it will set a terrible precedent that other cities and towns will use when considering bans in the future.

Letters to the Editor: Riverfront access key to Springfield's revitalization, lawmakers need to cooperate, and more | masslive.com

I will be attending the next Board of Health meeting on Wednesday, January 16th at 5:00 p.m. You can help by sending a letter, details are on CASAA's website here. CASAA: West Springfield, Massachusetts Call to Action

PLEASE take a moment to submit comments. Thank you!

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Done. Here is what I posted:

An e-cigarette ban would be very counterproductive. If the goal of the West Springfield Board of Health is promote public health and save lives, that doesn't get done by banning the most effective way ever to escape from smoke. I smoked for 45 years and have been smoke-free since March 27, 2009 (yes, almost 4 years!). That was only possible because I switched from inhaling smoke to inhaling vapor from an e-cigarette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread