Status
Not open for further replies.

Tanis143

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Broken Arrow, OK
www.tandp.us
Ok, first off, dunno if this is the correct place, but did not see a forum for battery reviews. I bought these batts as I wanted to play with a little higher voltage than 3.7 without having to buy a new mod or replace all my carto's. When I heard about these, thought I would give them a try. I ordered 3 4.8v 600mah 18650 sized batteries and an Efast 2 bay 5.6v charger from SuperT manufacturing. The batteries themselves are 4 1.2v stacked cells wrapped in plastic to give their 4.8v. The charger is one of the few out there that gives a red/green light to show charging status, so no guessing. The battery is the same length as my AW IMR's, has a button top positive terminal, but slightly thinner than an 18650. Not enough that you have to pad the cell to make contact with the positive terminal, but enough that it might rattle around a tiny bit. Not that big of a flaw though.

After charging two of them I threw my first one in my SB around 9:30 pm last night. On the SB I was using a SmokTech Dual Coil Carto tank at 1.5ohm (tested at 1.6ohm). Went to bed at 1:50 am, got up and got another hour off the battery. So, just under 6 hours. Not too bad considering I get about the exact same time off a 650mah ego battery running only 3.3v. These won't be my pv when I'm working (and have no access to the charger), these are going to be for at home use, so batt life wasn't that needed, but 6 hours is still pretty decent.

For those that are like me, want something higher than 3.7 without going vv, this is a good middle ground between 3.7 and 6/7.4v and you wont have to go to high res equipment. The only warnings I offer is make sure the charger is either not the same color as your 3.7v charger (the Trustfire TR001 used to be white, now its black. So confusion can be easy) or make sure you mark it so you know not to throw your 3.7v LiON batts in it. Also, do not buy the madvapes battery charger, it is a single bay with no charging status indication (it stays red no matter if the battery is still charging or not).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread