Efest LUC Charger Smoking Failure Last Night

Status
Not open for further replies.

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
I have a week old Efest LUC Charger that I have used 5-6 times. Last night, the screen flashed like it was shorting out, the device got very hot, it started smelling like electrical fire, and it started smoking. It was quickly unplugged and nothing worse happened.

Scary.

The merchant I purchased it from is reputable, so I am sure they will make it right. I contacted them this morning.

I just wanted to pass on my experience with this charger. My quick searching indicates that my experience is unique. Anyone else?

Hanzo.

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
The merchant I purchased it from is reputable, so I am sure they will make it right. I contacted them this morning.

The merchant I purchased from was My Vapor Store. They sent me a shipping label in hours, I shipped it back to them, and they sent me a new one. Minimal trouble and very fast. Thank you very much to My Vapor Store for making it right as painlessly as possible.

The new charger has been working fine for a couple weeks now.

Just thought I would follow up and name names now.

Next charger will be an xtar tho...

Hanzo.

JmanEspresso

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 15, 2013
    Westchester, NY,USA
    So I might as well add to this thread since it was brought back up.

Ive had my Efest LUC LCD Charger running daily since end of July. Ive used it more and more as Ive had it, because Ive gotten more and more devices. At a minimum Im using three devices daily, ironically, an 18350, 18490 and 18650.

Suffice it to say, it gets plenty of use.

I too got mine from MyVaporStore.

FOR ME, so far so good. a new charger has been on my mind, mainly for more charge bays, but.. well you know.

jcmios

May 7, 2013
    NE Iowa
    I also have tEfest LUC Charger and it seemed to work great with protected TrustFire 18650 batteries. But when I purchased a Siegel Zmax V3 and they suggested I use Efest Li-Ma IMR2250 and 2000 mah safe chemistry batteries. When I insert the second battery it clears and dulls the intensity of the display and stops charging. I bought this charger to replace my TR-001 because it charged the batteries at 1 amp not 500mah. Anyone else have a similar experience or an idea as to what is going on? I emailed the mfg but doubt I will get a reply. Guess I will be in the market for a new charger as I need to charge 2 batteries at the same time and at 1 amp.

Jim

Dang.

Ive had this charger for two months now, I use it multiple times during the day. Ironicaly I dont have any Efest batteries though.

Ive been looking for a new one because I want more then 2 charge bays, but otherwise its been great. I wonder what happened?

They have a 4 bay version out now if you are wondering.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    I have a week old Efest LUC Charger that I have used 5-6 times. Last night, the screen flashed like it was shorting out, the device got very hot, it started smelling like electrical fire, and it started smoking. It was quickly unplugged and nothing worse happened.

Scary.

I just wanted to pass on my experience with this charger. My quick searching indicates that my experience is unique. Anyone else?

Hanzo.

personally, id be worried about the batteries. did it fry them?

You dont say!

I might just have to find me one. For all intents and purposes, Ive been very pleased with this charger, a four bay model would be icing on the cake!

Calivapers is having a groupbuy on it right now. Although im not sure if orders are closed now. Last time I checked they were having trouble with reaching their quota.

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
    Jul 2, 2013
    TX
    Ive had my Efest LUC LCD Charger running daily since end of July. Ive used it more and more as Ive had it, because Ive gotten more and more devices.
    Thanks for the data point. I'm comfortable with the idea that I just got a dud.

I also have tEfest LUC Charger and it seemed to work great with protected TrustFire 18650 batteries. But when I purchased a Siegel Zmax V3 and they suggested I use Efest Li-Ma IMR2250 and 2000 mah safe chemistry batteries. When I insert the second battery it clears and dulls the intensity of the display and stops charging.
    My batteries are Efest IMR 18650 LiMn 2000mAh button tops. I saw that bad screen behavior sometimes when I inserted the batteries while the charger was plugged in. I fixed it by putting the batteries in first, then plugging it in. Batteries first, then power has worked every time.

personally, id be worried about the batteries. did it fry them?
    Me too! The batteries were/are fine. I unplugged it quickly, so it didn't get to bake the batteries for long.

Hanzo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread