Effects of vaping pg/vg/production coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

trenthull

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
I'm going to start by saying I'm really sorry if this is a repost but I am really curious to know what are the effects of vaping or vaporizing pg/vg/production coil (nonbreakdown atomizers)/and the cotton inside the atomizer. I've been in the community for awhile and would like to say I am more knowledgeable than the average person when it comes to vaping however, when I get asked "if vaping is truly so much better than what is the negatives?" I usually respond that to my knowledge **which I'm hoping someone can enlighten me** I have not been able to find out the effects of vaping these products. I know individually pg/vg in their liquid state are used for and their qualities but what exactly happens when they're vaporized. Does it change anything? Does it remain the same? Lastly, heating up a Chinese production atomizer with its "cotton" can that produce any harmful biproducts?

Thank you for your help guys. I've just recently come back to vaping after close to 2 years of smoking analogs again. Have to thank Joe from iVape for that one on a real note. Looking forward to positive responses so I can enlighten myself and bring knowledge upon my coworkers and people that ask me.

Reactions: mattiem

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Chinese production atomizer with its "cotton" can that produce any harmful biproducts?
Question sounds Biased against China manufacturers - which happen to make maybe 98% of the atomizers sold and used world wide.

Improper use of a device causes unwanted byproducts.
Running a wick dry
Firing a coil to Hot
Adding Non-traditional ingredients(possibly)

Cotton is a very clean medium with excellent wicking properties.
Organic cotton avoids any pesticides during growth.

Information is all here and a few searches should bring you up to speed.

trenthull

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Question sounds Biased against China manufacturers - which happen to make maybe 98% of the atomizers sold and used world wide.

Improper use of a device causes unwanted byproducts.
Running a wick dry
Firing a coil to Hot
Adding Non-traditional ingredients(possibly)

Cotton is a very clean medium with excellent wicking properties.
Organic cotton avoids any pesticides during growth.

Information is all here and a few searches should bring you up to speed.

Just to respond no, i wasn't trying to be biased just as you said they make up to 98% of the atmoizers so it's easier to just say Chinese products rather be extremely specific. Also, maybe I wasn't clear enough. As I am familiar with improper uses of the devices yet I'm looking for just vaping these ingredients in general. In 2011 no one was really sure of the effects of vaping pg/or vg and I'm still curious.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Vaping production coils? No negatives. (Chinese, USA, Zimbabwe or any other) If one were to try and find a negative it may be some contaminants entered during production. That could also happen in your kitchen by not washing your hands before building a coil and wicking it.

PG - at high temperatures there is a possibility that formaldehyde is formed.

Other negatives - we don't know any long term effects.. conversely we don't know if there are any long term benefits.

Another negative - government is hellbent on classifying it as a tobacco product.

That's all I got on possible negatives.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There are a lot of bogus articles out there about this effect and that bad effect but so far there have been NO studies that have proved that what we vape has ANY negative effects. From reading here and comments on various articles, there are Lots of positive ones though. Maybe not very scientific but I tend to trust the masses more than a small group that may or may not get their funding from an untrustworthy source.

Down the line we MAY find that SOME of the flavorings some of us vape MAY have some not so good side effects but so far...nothing I have read has convinced me.

BTW: Welcome back to the vaping world.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
E-cigs (AKA vaping) are a 'disruptive technology'. The danger to users is minimal but the true disruption is at the business and gov level. The US has become so addicted to the TAXES they suck from cigarettes that they are having withdrawal symptoms.
The way to kill vaping has been a propaganda campaign second to none. The only problem is that lately some of their BS is beginning to float to the surface and a significant number of 'sheeple' are realizing what the lying leaches that 'run the country' are all about.
Vaping may not be all 'manna from heaven' but it ain't what the the 'evil' you get from 'our fearless leaders'. Hide and watch once the tobacco monopoly is given back to big tobacco and the pharms have their quit smoking 'snake oil' back in business, and gov get their TAX Money, All will be right with vaping.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
As far as PG/VG... PG seems to be irritating, at some level, to a fairly sizable group of people -- some people need to go all the way to "max VG" or even 100% VG; I found PG irritating if I vape 90/10, but currently I'm vaping 86/14 and have no irritation.

Conversely, a fair-sized group finds VG to cause lung or breathing issues; some can use as much as 50/50, many seem fine with 70/30, and then really odd ducks like me vaping 86/14, and I've heard of others vaping 90% or 100% PG, because of the lung issues with VG.

That's about it, really; naturally there are probably folks allergic to either one, maybe even both for some unfortunates, but allergies are exceptions, not "the rule".

All the other stuff mentioned, about toxic by-products, only seem to apply if one is misusing one's hardware pretty radically.

Andria

trenthull

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2010
Washington State
Thank you all for your replies! Glad to see the community is strong with knowledge and willing to step in and help out another member. Glad to be back, so much has changed I'm still trying to get used to it all. However.... I did run out of juice the other day ended up buy a bottle of juice from an ecig store/ tobacco shop so over priced, and the juice is/was terrible almost unvapeable. Going back to iVape for me for some blackberry lemonade or some serendipity :)

Mean while I will check out those reports as well.
Don't forget to sign the petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread